or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › HF Decides 2008. Who will U vote for?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HF Decides 2008. Who will U vote for? - Page 3

Poll Results: Who will you vote for?

 
  • 22% (35)
    McCain / Palin
  • 56% (86)
    Obama / Biden
  • 3% (5)
    other
  • 5% (8)
    undecided
  • 12% (19)
    I can't vote (too young or not US citizen)
153 Total Votes  
post #51 of 337
i'll be voting for dwayne elizondo mountain dew herbert camacho
post #52 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite42 View Post
Did you even read what avatar wrote? Ron Paul stands diametrically opposed to your much-beloved health care system.
I never said I loved the Canadian system, there are SO many things we could do better, according to the world heath organization we are number 30. I believe our government needs to do more for us, just like your government needs to do more for you. Ron Paul being a doctor and a politician knows what needs to be done to the system in order for the older people who rely on the current system for coverage to continue getting coverage. While making a new system for younger people who currently rely on benefits and paid insurance coverage, as well as helping the millions of poor people with no benefits or coverage at all. As I said before, nothing is going to change unless special interest groups are eliminated, and funding is allocated to a new system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystaleahs View Post
Linuxchild~ Your missing the point here. He is all about big government. This is just the start of the state or feds putting constraints on people. Why do you care so much about U.S. politics?
You are the one missing the point. A big government is already in power, the constraints have already been put on you, and the country is being run into the ground. Stop worrying about people being able to carry guns, maybe that issue can come up when all of your citizens are healthy and have equal opportunity for education. As for why I care bout US politics. How much of Canada borders the USA? I might me a Canada and you might be American, but before all of that we are both humans, with the same rights, and we live in the same world.
post #53 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuxChild View Post
You are the one missing the point. A big government is already in power, the constraints have already been put on you, and the country is being run into the ground. Stop worrying about people being able to carry guns, maybe that issue can come up when all of your citizens are healthy and have equal opportunity for education. As for why I care bout US politics. How much of Canada borders the USA? I might me a Canada and you might be American, but before all of that we are both humans, with the same rights, and we live in the same world.
Right now in power is small government. Going back to Clinton's years in office he tried to fix many things with big government. Like healthcare reform, didn't work. Now he wasn't as into big government as the current candidate running but one can only imagine how that's going to work. I get it, you like your government and if it works for you it will work for us in the U.S. Not necessarily true. Currently in MA the state government has an open health care system through the state. It's failing to work. This country is only being ran into the ground because both political parties would rather fight than fix things. It's not a matter of one party being better than another. I'm not just touting off about guns, that's just an example. Until people realize that the government wasn't formed to give a free ride to people, they will never understand.
post #54 of 337
1) john mccain voted for real id and thus does not care for constitutional rights

2) if communities "decide" to make restrictions on a right codified in the bill of rights? what if a community "decided" to do that with the First? no practicing Catholicism? no speech for democratic candidates?

ON EDIT: there is no small government under pres. bush.
post #55 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar View Post

ON EDIT: there is no small government under pres. bush.
qft
post #56 of 337
republicans democrats liberals conservatives obama mccain canada

fuck all this.

GET MONEY, FUCK BITCHES, SMOKE TREES
post #57 of 337
aco you need to run you have the avatar vote
post #58 of 337
[quote=avatar;1596256]1) john mccain voted for real id and thus does not care for constitutional rights

The Real ID Act can be looked at as good and bad. I'm not saying that politicians are perfect silly.
post #59 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystaleahs View Post

I get it, you like your government and if it works for you it will work for us in the U.S. Not necessarily true.

This country is only being ran into the ground because both political parties would rather fight than fix things. It's not a matter of one party being better than another. I'm not just touting off about guns, that's just an example. Until people realize that the government wasn't formed to give a free ride to people, they will never understand.
I never said that the Canadian government 'worked' or that it would work in the U.S. Saying that is insane, just look at the population difference between the two countries. So I'm not to sure why you said that.

The country is being run into the ground because the government is borrowing money from the federal reserve at interest to fund the war, instead of putting money into the things that really need funding.
post #60 of 337
I have to run to class now - just wanted to say thankies for a good thread; it's turned out quite funny LOL
I can't vote, not because I'm too young (sigh) but because I'm not a citizen.
post #61 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuxChild View Post
I never said that the Canadian government 'worked' or that it would work in the U.S. Saying that is insane, just look at the population difference between the two countries. So I'm not to sure why you said that.

The country is being run into the ground because the government is borrowing money from the federal reserve at interest to fund the war, instead of putting money into the things that really need funding.
When you talk about your government vs US goverment, what am I supposed to think? It's not comparing apples to apples here. We know your country is smaller and your system can work.

The war is a touchy subject with a lot of people. I have friends that have fought in the war. They tell me there's a very good reason were there. And somehow it's actually making progress. Given that the US just handed over Anbar to the Iraqi's. So yes money is being spent on the war but don't forget America is a bunch of consumers. There is a huge import to export ratio correlating with our trade deficit. Some time ago, we even had a set goal to have most of our deficit paid down.

It's easy for you to sit there and tell us what we should do isn't it? Come to America and try to make a difference if it means that much to you!!
post #62 of 337
Thread Starter 
Quote:
republicans democrats liberals conservatives obama mccain canada

fuck all this.

GET MONEY, FUCK BITCHES, SMOKE TREES
ACO let's do it. I've been waiting a long time for a candidate to run on the "Get Money, Fuck Bitches, Smoke Trees platform"

post #63 of 337
...
LL
post #64 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystaleahs View Post
When you talk about your government vs US goverment, what am I supposed to think? It's not comparing apples to apples here. We know your country is smaller and your system can work.

The war is a touchy subject with a lot of people. I have friends that have fought in the war. They tell me there's a very good reason were there. And somehow it's actually making progress. Given that the US just handed over Anbar to the Iraqi's. So yes money is being spent on the war but don't forget America is a bunch of consumers. There is a huge import to export ratio correlating with our trade deficit. Some time ago, we even had a set goal to have most of our deficit paid down.

It's easy for you to sit there and tell us what we should do isn't it? Come to America and try to make a difference if it means that much to you!!
Once again, I never talked about the Canadian government VS American government. You're taking what I say and turning it around to support your argument. The only comparison I've made is between the current US and
Canadian health care system saying that OUR system doesn't leave people to die because they cant afford insurance.

I understand some of the reasons to be in Iraq, Afghanistan, and all the other countries you guys send your troops to. But at the end of the day, take care of your self before you take care of others around you. The US has to many problems at home to be spending money on other countries.

It's also very ignorant that you tell ME to come to America to make a difference. I've given at least 250 dollars to Ron Paul, as well as supporting Mike Gravels national initiative by buying t-shirts, which I wore the last time I was down in the states, and traveling around Europe last year. Great comments I received while in Switzerland, as they share the same ideals as the national initiative.
post #65 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystaleahs View Post
Linuxchild~ Your missing the point here. He is all about big government. This is just the start of the state or feds putting constraints on people. Why do you care so much about U.S. politics?
Krystal, I have to comment on this. There are several constraints that the Republicans/McCain/Palin would like to put on us. For example- not continuing to keep abortion legal; deciding for me or my friend who he is wants to love, marry, and share a financial and medical future with; what my children can learn in school (sex ed and evolution/creation come to mind) etc.
post #66 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuxChild View Post
Once again, I never talked about the Canadian government VS American government. You're taking what I say and turning it around to support your argument. The only comparison I've made is between the current US and
Canadian health care system saying that OUR system doesn't leave people to die because they cant afford insurance.

I understand some of the reasons to be in Iraq, Afghanistan, and all the other countries you guys send your troops to. But at the end of the day, take care of your self before you take care of others around you. The US has to many problems at home to be spending money on other countries.

It's also very ignorant that you tell ME to come to America to make a difference. I've given at least 250 dollars to Ron Paul, as well as supporting Mike Gravels national initiative by buying t-shirts, which I wore the last time I was down in the states, and traveling around Europe last year. Great comments I received while in Switzerland, as they share the same ideals as the national initiative.
Good for you!
post #67 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuxChild View Post
OUR system doesn't leave people to die because they cant afford insurance.
the way i see it is like survival of the fittest. population control if you will. want insurance? get a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuxChild View Post
I've given at least 250 dollars to Ron Paul
BALLA
post #68 of 337
Not Osama/Biden...
post #69 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannysgirl45 View Post
Krystal, I have to comment on this. There are several constraints that the Republicans/McCain/Palin would like to put on us. For example- not continuing to keep abortion legal; deciding for me or my friend who he is wants to love, marry, and share a financial and medical future with; what my children can learn in school (sex ed and evolution/creation come to mind) etc.
I didn't say I agreed with everything McCain/Republican party believes.

I forgot to mention that under the Bush Admin abortion is still legal and now gay marriage is legal in CA. So the pres and v.p don't have the power to take these things away unless they write it into law. That would take the help of the congress, we all know that's not going to happen. Same goes with the schooling.
post #70 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskidder View Post
the way i see it is like survival of the fittest. population control if you will. want insurance? get a job.
See that whole philosophy would work if you were communist... wait a second, not even communists think like that.

BALLA? I wish I was balla enough to donate my money to Christian Dior too! Instead of a button you get pants, what a DEAL
post #71 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuxChild View Post
See that whole philosophy would work if you were communist... wait a second, not even communists think like that.
how is what i said communist? do you know what communism is or do they not teach that in canadian schools? a communist would want everyone to have the same healthcare provided at the same cost. if anything my opinion is capitalist.

in fact, the whole idea of standardized healthcare is communist. so your precious canada is more or less promoting communist ideals.
post #72 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuxChild View Post
See that whole philosophy would work if you were communist... wait a second, not even communists think like that.
decrease the surplus population = malthus
communism = marx
a summation of what marx thought of malthus, from the encyclopedia brittanica:

"While both Karl Marx and Malthus accepted many of the views of the classical economists, Marx was harshly and implacably critical of Malthus and his ideas. The vehemence of the assault was remarkable. Marx reviled Malthus as a “miserable parson” guilty of spreading a “vile and infamous doctrine, this repulsive blasphemy against man and nature.”"
post #73 of 337
Watching this RNC is extremely painful for me right now.
post #74 of 337
I agree- I am having a hard time getting any real information about who Palin is, since all she's talked about is the fact that her husband is an ice machine racer, her son is in the army, her "hockey mom" status, and the fact that John McCain was a POW. There were so many things Guilliani said that crossed the line in my opinion- I really hope that Barack takes off the gloves at this point and sticks up for himself. There are so many untrue things being said, it's just getting ridiculous. I hope people aren't stupid enough to believe the shit they are making up at this point to save their asses.

Sorry to any Republicants that are annoyed by that. Just MY OPINION, of course.
post #75 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by nthach View Post
Not Osama/Biden...

I'd rathr have Osama/Biden than Bush/Palin...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chat
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › HF Decides 2008. Who will U vote for?