or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › HF Decides 2008. Who will U vote for?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HF Decides 2008. Who will U vote for? - Page 6

Poll Results: Who will you vote for?

 
  • 22% (35)
    McCain / Palin
  • 56% (86)
    Obama / Biden
  • 3% (5)
    other
  • 5% (8)
    undecided
  • 12% (19)
    I can't vote (too young or not US citizen)
153 Total Votes  
post #126 of 337

Fail.
post #127 of 337
That convention was atrocious. I'll have nightmares of cornfields, slow-motion waving flags and other cheesy imagery. Someone will whisper "Country First" too.....
Good-night.....
post #128 of 337
Ron Paul is on The Colbert Report right now, for the record.
post #129 of 337
I thought this thread was suppose to be who the american forum members are voting for. Now I see all kinds of bashing from anything from Obama/Biden to McCain/Palin to the Canadian gov't. No political party is perfect ANYWHERE but can we stick to the thread topic and STOP BASHING Canadians like me!!!!
post #130 of 337
^^I guess not because many people don't know how to talk to those who don't share their views. Then you have the name calling which is the lowest possible form of argument.
post #131 of 337
I have to say that it was disgusting for me to watch McCain speech and all those fucked up people supporting him..
post #132 of 337
I like this thread.
post #133 of 337
post #134 of 337
My own personal negative stalker is back. Yessssss. I feel like I'm somebody again. Thanks infinite
post #135 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiconner View Post
My own personal negative stalker is back. Yessssss. I feel like I'm somebody again. Thanks infinite
Unfortunately for you, I've negged about a third of the posts in this thread, so don't feel too special.
post #136 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite42 View Post
Unfortunately for you, I've negged about a third of the posts in this thread, so don't feel too special.
LOL why did you have to shatter my dreams?
post #137 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiconner View Post
LOL why did you have to shatter my dreams?
Sarah Palin and her running mate will be shattering a few more of yours come November!
post #138 of 337
we'll see
post #139 of 337
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiconner
LOL why did you have to shatter my dreams?

Sarah Palin and her running mate will be shattering a few more of yours come November!
like it or not, i think McCain is going to win
post #140 of 337
^I don't know about that...I think the debates are going to be hella interesting to watch!! I can't wait to see how McCain and Palin avoid answering questions by turning it around on Obama. So far their pre-written rhetoric hasn't let me down yet...
post #141 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite42 View Post
Sarah Palin and her running mate will be shattering a few more of yours come November!
So far, I can't say I like her... but then again I can't say that about many politicians so what's new.
post #142 of 337
anybody see Barack on Bill O'Reilly last night?



I love how Bill never lets him finish a complete thought, changing the subject anytime Obama starts saying something he doesn't want to hear.

PS Lay off the rouge and bronzer Bill!
post #143 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannysgirl45 View Post
^I don't know about that...I think the debates are going to be hella interesting to watch!! I can't wait to see how McCain and Palin avoid answering questions by turning it around on Obama. So far their pre-written rhetoric hasn't let me down yet...
Yes, deflecting questions is only a one-way street. And yes, Obama and Biden give their speeches by winging it, thereby avoiding "pre-written rhetoric." Glad to know you know what's going on!
post #144 of 337
Anybody that votes for mcmain should be forced to fight in Iraq...I can't understand how you can support someone who enjoys seeing young people die in a senseless war.
post #145 of 337
Thread Starter 
Quote:
I can't understand how you can support someone who enjoys seeing young people die in a senseless war.
That's a very ignorant statement. Do you really believe that Mccain enjoys seeing Americans die in war?
post #146 of 337
I honestly don't think McCain wants anyone to die, but I presonally don't agree with his no retreat stance on the Iraq war.
post #147 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton View Post
Anybody that votes for mcmain should be forced to fight in Iraq...I can't understand how you can support someone who enjoys seeing young people die in a senseless war.
Please stop posting in this thread - before I was joking around (somewhat) saying not to vote but your posts in this thread have demonstrated a clear level of either purposeful ignorance and/or immaturity.

Do you even understand anything about McCain's past? Do you lack any knowledge as to what happened to him for 5 years in Hanoi? Or what he saw as a child and teenager with his grandfather and father? Did you listen to or read the transcript of his speech from last night? As much as some people hate McCain, I do think most people can agree that he speaks from his heart when he talks about not liking the idea of war - of hating what that it does to families and to the American people as a whole. He comes from a military family - he gets it. He may not "get" other things as some people say, but the war thing and its effects - he understands.
post #148 of 337
politics as usual
post #149 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriebell View Post
Do you even understand anything about McCain's past? Do you lack any knowledge as to what happened to him for 5 years in Hanoi?
Maybe, but I certainly don't lack the knowledge to know that over a million other people died and many were most likely POWs as well. So I don't think his story is any "better" than that of many others'.

*shrugs* I don't know, I just don't feel that just because he is a president candidate that the fact that he was a pow should make him any better than any other pow...Just seems rather, uh, why the hell would you judge on the quality of someone's torture...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriebell View Post
Did you listen to or read the transcript of his speech from last night
No, but OMG I sure did love that little 9-11 tribute...Nothing like using the death of many innocent people's lives in order to promote yourself...ROCK ON REPUBLICANS! Oh shoot, and some how I managed to miss this very informative and patriotic event!!!! /sarcasm

And there is a big difference between "not liking the war" and actually doing something about it. Look at bush, he repeatedly claims that it's "the war on terror", "al qaeda", and at times shows his sorrow for the casualties...Oookay...And yet he made no attempt at...maybe...even hinting an end to it...
So what makes mccain so special? Just because he actually knows what war is like, he will actually try to stop it?

post #150 of 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton View Post

*shrugs* I don't know, I just don't feel that just because he is a president candidate that the fact that he was a pow should make him any better than any other pow...Just seems rather, uh, why the hell would you judge on the quality of someone's torture...
you certainly seem willing to judge him based on torture he received (i.e. - he wasn't the only one, so he isn't any better)



Quote:
No, but OMG I sure did love that little 9-11 tribute...Nothing like using the death of many innocent people's lives in order to promote yourself...ROCK ON REPUBLICANS! Oh shoot, and some how I managed to miss this very informative and patriotic event!!!! /sarcasm
yes - please continue to use keith olbermann as your guide to "what to think of the RNC." people bash palin because she was a sports commentator. some of the same people consider olbermann a political "pundit" - do they know he is also a sportscaster? who is he to get involved in politics then....? it's no secret that olbermann is a staunch obama supporter, either (nothing wrong with that per se - but when you try to act like he is a neutral individual who identified the "exploitation" of 9/11 victims, it's a different story)

Quote:
And there is a big difference between "not liking the war" and actually doing something about it. Look at bush, he repeatedly claims that it's "the war on terror", "al qaeda", and at times shows his sorrow for the casualties...Oookay...And yet he made no attempt at...maybe...even hinting an end to it...
So what makes mccain so special? Just because he actually knows what war is like, he will actually try to stop it?

and there is a difference between someone supporting the war and enjoying seeing people die. What you said in your last post relates in no way to your previous statement that McCain enjoys seeing people die.

It's a lot more complicated then just sending out an email to everyone saying, "Ok pull your troops out tomorrow at 10am - see ya in DC!"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chat
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › HF Decides 2008. Who will U vote for?