or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › Coldplay vs Radiohead? - opinions please.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Coldplay vs Radiohead? - opinions please. - Page 9

post #201 of 231
Ooooops
post #202 of 231
Lol that's the second time this has happened.

Apparently only me and Tony have seen 40 year Old Virgin.
post #203 of 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskidder View Post
i like jude law's clothes. does that make me an uberfan? i can't even name a movie he's done and could care less if he gets hit by a bus tomorrow, so i can assure you his taste in music means nothing to me. he probably does like coldplay and fuck him for that.
So essentially you are insulting Jude Law because he likes Coldplay? Which is essentially saying that everyone that likes Coldplay is an idiot.

Wow you really are the most pathetic shallow person i've ever met. I don't care what you say but you deserve no respect for basically insulting a genre of people because of their music tastes.
post #204 of 231
^ That's him to a tee.
post #205 of 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0tp00f View Post
Ooooops
x2
post #206 of 231
I love the song "In the Sun"
Does that make me an idiot?
LOL
post #207 of 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tee* View Post
^ That's him to a tee.
no pun intended?
post #208 of 231
^ Maybe !?

If not, don't be maddi at me...
post #209 of 231
^ we're getting so corny now that no American will like us anymore
post #210 of 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanduke View Post
Lol that's the second time this has happened.

Apparently only me and Tony have seen 40 year Old Virgin.
I saw it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_dreamz
So essentially you are insulting Jude Law because he likes Coldplay? Which is essentially saying that everyone that likes Coldplay is an idiot.

Wow you really are the most pathetic shallow person i've ever met. I don't care what you say but you deserve no respect for basically insulting a genre of people because of their music tastes.
Take it easy bro! James was just being funny because people were making jokes about some Jude Law man-crush.

What 'genre' of people? Coldplay fans? Are they forbidden to marry or something? They're not some kind of protected class, lol
post #211 of 231
where did i say that anyone who likes coldplay is an "idiot" lol. do i like coldplay? no. do they suck? absolutely not, any band or artist that acheives that level of success is clearly quite talented. chris martin is a good singer and i'm sure all the other guys in the band are quite good at playing their instruments. i don't think they make good songs, which is likely not entirely their own fault, but if you want to like them go right ahead. i certainly won't think you are an idiot, i will just question your taste in music from a personal standpoint. i like lots of shit that people hate but i don;t take it personally and neither should you.
post #212 of 231
id rather listen to a coldplay record than amnesiac

but i also wear jean shorts
post #213 of 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskidder View Post
where did i say that anyone who likes coldplay is an "idiot" lol. do i like coldplay? no. do they suck? absolutely not, any band or artist that acheives that level of success is clearly quite talented. chris martin is a good singer and i'm sure all the other guys in the band are quite good at playing their instruments. i don't think they make good songs, which is likely not entirely their own fault, but if you want to like them go right ahead. i certainly won't think you are an idiot, i will just question your taste in music from a personal standpoint. i like lots of shit that people hate but i don;t take it personally and neither should you.
I stand corrected
post #214 of 231
Tee while I agree with you if someone is speaking about a band in an absolute sense, eg "coldplay sucks." However I think you can easily say they suck when in a comparative statement such as "coldplay sucks in comparison to radiohead."

So the two following statements can both be simultaneously true because they're saying two different things:

"Coldplay is a good band."
"Coldplay sucks in comparison to radiohead."
post #215 of 231
Quote:
^You know how I know you're gay?

You like Coldplay.
hahahaha. i get it.
post #216 of 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by blm14 View Post
Tee while I agree with you if someone is speaking about a band in an absolute sense, eg "coldplay sucks." However I think you can easily say they suck when in a comparative statement such as "coldplay sucks in comparison to radiohead."

So the two following statements can both be simultaneously true because they're saying two different things:

"Coldplay is a good band."
"Coldplay sucks in comparison to radiohead."
Very true. I'm sure most of the answers would be different if the question was "Which concert should I see, CP or Lil Wayne?"
post #217 of 231
Oh, oh, I know the answer to this one: Lil Wayne!
Who in the world is Lil Wayne????????
post #218 of 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by blm14 View Post
Tee while I agree with you if someone is speaking about a band in an absolute sense, eg "coldplay sucks." However I think you can easily say they suck when in a comparative statement such as "coldplay sucks in comparison to radiohead."

So the two following statements can both be simultaneously true because they're saying two different things:

"Coldplay is a good band."
"Coldplay sucks in comparison to radiohead."
Absolutely !

Saying that coldplay sucks in comparison to radiohead, or saying that coldplay sucks in general, is quite another cup of tea.

Another example:

When i was a bit younger, i knew two chicks. Strictly speaking Mira and Sarah. Sarah had nothing on Mira ! In comparison to Mira, she really "sucked" ! With the wisdom of hindsight i wouldn't say that Sarah was bad though, only because Mira was better. Because, to be honest, i've shot my load both times....
post #219 of 231
Stop arguing and go see soulja boy.
post #220 of 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanduke View Post
lolwut? I love Coldplay

I was merely quoting one of my favorite movies
LOL, I got the reference
post #221 of 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhausted View Post
Stop arguing and go see soulja boy.
Watch me crank it, watch me roooooll!

Now all I need is this underwear so I can superman that ho!

SUPER RARE! "SUPERMAN" H&M LOW-RIZE BRIEF! MED - eBay (item 280245417819 end time Jul-21-08 21:12:41 PDT)
post #222 of 231
Im to clean off in this hoe, watch me crank it, watch me roll, watch me crank that roosavelt and super soak that hoe...

post #223 of 231
^
No offense to BUSH regime supports but I can't wait for that dingbat to GTO of office so we can get our shit back on track.
post #224 of 231
^WORD.
post #225 of 231
Bush is an embarrassment to "the south"(stereotypically), our educational system, and the whole "How the hell do these people get into such high power, seriously?"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chat
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › Coldplay vs Radiohead? - opinions please.