or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › Dior Phone Announced... yuck
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dior Phone Announced... yuck - Page 2

post #26 of 43
Just because I like me some math....and cause baby is at grandma's...
if you can buy a phone for $50 (where?????), then the Dior phone would not be just 20x that but 100x the price, right?
where do you get jeans for $10?????? not even Wal mart sells them that cheap. And you're assuming I'd spend $200 on jeans, which I never did. My limit for jeans is around $100-$150 (that's why I'm on this forum and Ebay - duh)
and considering I've never seen jeans for less than $25, that's just 6x the price of the cheapest jeans.

a purse is an investment in so far that you can resell a designer purse (like LV or Gucci) and get most of your money back even after years. or you can simply wear it for decades since they don't go out of style. a cell phone devalues the moment you make your first call and a year later, you need a new one with the lates technology (again, not me, but the person who forks over $5000 for a phone would!)

so, are you getting this phone or not????? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmatic View Post
jeans being much less is only in strict price terms, not in a relative cost per unit

you can buy a phone for $50, so paying 20x that for a high quality one is $1000

you can buy jeans for $10, so paying 20x that is $200

so you're still paying 20x the minimum.

that doesn't even factor in the price per use or the price per feature relative to usability. pants cover your body and provide insulation - some even have pockets to hold your shit. phones to hundreds of things...

a purse is even more retarded when you factor in the fact that they don't do anything other than hold your shit (which jeans also do), and the grocery store gives you bags that do the same thing for free.

so it all really comes down to what you're willing to pay to do what you need to in STYLE.

and as 7kid says, anyone considering a purse an investment is probably also considering commerative plates as an investment and the lottery as a sort of stock market....
post #27 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiconner View Post
Just because I like me some math....and cause baby is at grandma's...
if you can buy a phone for $50 (where?????), then the Dior phone would not be just 20x that but 100x the price, right?
where do you get jeans for $10?????? not even Wal mart sells them that cheap. And you're assuming I'd spend $200 on jeans, which I never did. My limit for jeans is around $100-$150 (that's why I'm on this forum and Ebay - duh)
and considering I've never seen jeans for less than $25, that's just 6x the price of the cheapest jeans.

a purse is an investment in so far that you can resell a designer purse (like LV or Gucci) and get most of your money back even after years. or you can simply wear it for decades since they don't go out of style. a cell phone devalues the moment you make your first call and a year later, you need a new one with the lates technology (again, not me, but the person who forks over $5000 for a phone would!)

so, are you getting this phone or not????? LOL
Not liking your attitude lady...
post #28 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiconner View Post
Just because I like me some math....and cause baby is at grandma's...
if you can buy a phone for $50 (where?????), then the Dior phone would not be just 20x that but 100x the price, right. just where do you get jeans for $10?????? not even Wal mart sells them that cheap. And you're assuming I'd spend $200 on jeans, which I never did. My limit for jeans is around $100-$150 (that's why I'm on this forum and Ebay - duh)
and considering I've never seen jeans for less than $25, that's just 6x the price of the cheapest jeans.

a purse is an investment in so far that you can resell a designer purse (like LV or Gucci) and get most of your money back even after years. or you can simply wear it for decades since they don't go out of style. a cell phone devalues the moment you make your first call and a year later, you need a new one with the lates technology (again, not me, but the person who forks over $5000 for a phone would!)

so, are you getting this phone or not????? LOL
$50 phones:
here

$7 jeans:
here

why are you not buying these? they're cheaper than what you're paying!!! why are you buying $100 jeans when you dont have to?

really, ask yourself...

also, the definition of "investment" includes "the expectation of a profit". therefore a purse is not an investment since 99.999% of the time they will go down in value. do you consider your car an investment because you can sell it at any time? plus, cell phones can be resold for a similar decrease in value.

and no, i am not buying the phone. i bought a k850i and it is perfect, even though it's a good deal more expensive than the average phone....
post #29 of 43
I Maddiconner
post #30 of 43
buy an iphone and donate the other 4500 to charity/me
post #31 of 43
I have yet to see a designer phone that actually didn't suck.
post #32 of 43
Thats just crazy. Cell phones break more than anything and all you're paying for is the logo. Just so someone can go oooo and ahh because you have a Dior cell phone?!

Works just like any other phone, who is dumb enough to pay that kind of tab? blows my mind...
post #33 of 43
Come on, those jeans are on sale and were regularly $29.99! That's cheating. Thanks for the heads up on a good deal though. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmatic View Post
$50 phones:
here

$7 jeans:
here

why are you not buying these? they're cheaper than what you're paying!!! why are you buying $100 jeans when you dont have to?

really, ask yourself...

also, the definition of "investment" includes "the expectation of a profit". therefore a purse is not an investment since 99.999% of the time they will go down in value. do you consider your car an investment because you can sell it at any time? plus, cell phones can be resold for a similar decrease in value.

and no, i am not buying the phone. i bought a k850i and it is perfect, even though it's a good deal more expensive than the average phone....
post #34 of 43
Im with everyone else, buy an iPhone. With 2.0 this June, its gonna be even better than it is now.

Id just feel safe buying high quality products with high quality tech brands to match. The company making them might have the tech, and dior makes nice clothing, but the two dont clash for me. Kind of like how Adidas and Diesel are both great companies, but when put together, there were many people that didnt like them for that reason.

Ill stick with the iPhone.
post #35 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoeclipse View Post
That thing is ugly. For that kind of money it better be able to fix me a continental breakfast every morning.
and one hell of a beej!!
post #36 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiconner View Post
Come on, those jeans are on sale and were regularly $29.99! That's cheating. Thanks for the heads up on a good deal though. LOL
And the jeans you buy for $100-150 are not regularly $100-150 either.

This is exactly as sonicvoodoo says. The people spending $5k on a phone, are the same ones buying $15k purses, instead of your lowly $1k purses. Money is literally no object to them. When luxury goods are accessible to the masses, the previous buyers of luxury goods turn to super luxury goods.
post #37 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpb118 View Post
and one hell of a beej!!
What a lovely morning this is becoming, eh?
post #38 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioteknika View Post
Kubie is so getting this.
Can you leave me alone Audio?.if i have that big money,i'd buy this phone.
Nokia 8800 Arte and Nokia 8800 Sapphire Arte - SlashPhone.com
post #39 of 43
^ or 3 iPhones

I couldnt do with the 1GB memory though, and I couldnt go back to a phone and an mp3 player after having an iPhone
post #40 of 43
i use 90% (we actually worked it out one day) of the features on my phone .. and my phone does more shit than your phone .. alot more ..
post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioteknika View Post
Kubie is so getting this.
DAMMIT, beat me to it
post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoferflinching View Post
i use 90% (we actually worked it out one day) of the features on my phone .. and my phone does more shit than your phone .. alot more ..
I think I'd have to take a class to learn to do anything else than calling with my phone. LOL
post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoferflinching View Post
i use 90% (we actually worked it out one day) of the features on my phone .. and my phone does more shit than your phone .. alot more ..
Yes, you are awesome, k? What phone would this be?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chat
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › Dior Phone Announced... yuck