or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Dry Denim › Good Society straight leg *pics*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Society straight leg *pics* - Page 2

post #26 of 40
Heels + Drag = hem

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickaaaay View Post
wow amazing, now i wish i had gotten good society instead of pbj!
Goes to show how much you know, if you'd actually did some research instead of blindly kopping, you wouldn't have made such a statement.

What's up with all the women in this section looking like clones of one another, can't buy something no one else has bought before?
post #27 of 40
Vagabond, I am just speaking for myself, here, but I buy denim based on what I like and think will be a good cut/fit for me. When it comes to dry denim, there is absolutely none where I live and even in the closest large city the selection for women is quite limited. I really appreciate women here posting worn pics because that is a huge help in terms of determining how different brands, cuts, etc. actually fit. I think HF is an awesome source of information as far as women's dry denim and I certainly wouldn't be offended if someone bought a pair of jeans because they liked the look on me and thought it would work for them as well. I am just happy to help other members make smart purchases.

The Good Society's look great on Jayme (much better than on any models on the websites that carry them). If someone else likes them as a result and wants to buy them, who cares? Really?...
post #28 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
Heels + Drag = hem


Goes to show how much you know, if you'd actually did some research instead of blindly kopping, you wouldn't have made such a statement.

What's up with all the women in this section looking like clones of one another, can't buy something no one else has bought before?
What nonsense ! Either you got out of the wrong side of bet today, or you're completely bedlam...

Your statement "What's up with all the women in this section looking like clones of one another, can't buy something no one else has bought before?" reminds me of little kids, in the age of 10-16, in the playground, whose are trying all the time to raise a "Who has the newest brand-name-clothing no one else has bought before" competition...

Ouch...

Girls/women like vicki and apryl have enough self-confidence, in order that they don't have the need to be an individual all the time, to be in contrast to all other girls/woman all the time, to stick out like a sore thumb all the time, or stand alone in terms of their clothing all the time, in order to upgrade their sense of self-worth...

Nobody cares ( really NOBODY ), how many girls on an INTERNET FORUM ( !!!! ) own the same jeans ! You're acting as if dry denim for girls/women - even brands like PJB and S&S - would be mass product, mainstream and widely spread like abercrombie&fitch jeans. Also, i bet where apryl, vicki and a few other girls live, they even have to explain what dry denim is, when people get notice of it...

Do you know who the real iditos are ? People who try a pair of jeans, which fit perfect, are actually totally to their liking but don't buy them on the basis that already 5-10 other people on an INTERNET FORUM have them...

Over & out
post #29 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by apryl View Post
I think HF is an awesome source of information as far as women's dry denim and I certainly wouldn't be offended if someone bought a pair of jeans because they liked the look on me and thought it would work for them as well. I am just happy to help other members make smart purchases.
You misunderstood what I attempted to convey, I am not against people giving advice, recommendations or posting pictures. I wouldn’t know much about this topic had others not shared their expertise. Having said that, I have identified what works for me as opposed to making a purchase because everyone else is doing so.
As far as SMART purchases go, I reckon an 'informed' buyer makes a smart purchase, so if the person isn’t acquainted with the concept, it doesn’t matter if you help them buy the best pair of jeans they probably will have no sense of appreciation.

Speaking of purchases, I find it comical that all the dry denim purchases being made among the women here, the JS, GS and PBJs are all part of a particular person’s collection. Obviously this person isn’t the first woman ever to wear raws but the point is that, she did her own research, developed an understanding and is genuinely enthusiastic about the whole concept.
BiG and SE both sell various women’s jeans but how come no one here has bought N&F or a pair of Sams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tee* View Post
What nonsense ! Either you got out of the wrong side of bet today, or you're completely bedlam...
Calm down sister, don’t get your knickers in a twist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tee* View Post
Your statement "What's up with all the women in this section looking like clones of one another, can't buy something no one else has bought before?" reminds me of little kids, in the age of 10-16, in the playground, whose are trying all the time to raise a "Who has the newest brand-name-clothing no one else has bought before" competition...
I never played that game but sounds like you have. No wonder the Germans have had such a dismal showing at the WC ever since Matthaus, Klinsmann and Co left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tee* View Post
Ouch...
What happened, did the firecracker up your ass go off??
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tee* View Post
Girls/women like vicki and apryl have enough self-confidence, in order that they don't have the need to be an individual all the time, to be in contrast to all other girls/woman all the time, to stick out like a sore thumb all the time, or stand alone in terms of their clothing all the time, in order to upgrade their sense of self-worth...
You can make out all this from WAYWT pictures? Where in my post did you see me assess their self-esteem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tee* View Post
Also, i bet where apryl, vicki and a few other girls live, they even have to explain what dry denim is, when people get notice of it...
I’m sure they’d have no problems explaining what warp and weft threads are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tee* View Post
Do you know who the real iditos are ?
I don’t know about iditos but people who make glib statements like the ones below do come across as idiots
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tee* View Post
I'd like to see them on a male person, since they look quite interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tee* View Post
I'm a dry denim noob, but personally i'll go with PBJ 005's, since fading isn't that important to me and i like the cut...
That must have helped the OP a lot, such great classification, are you a taxonomist perchance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tee* View Post
Over & out
Keep the banal comments for WAYWT.
post #30 of 40
Well, vagabond, I agree with you for the most part. I don't deserve any dry denim crown for my extensive knowledge and research. That being said, that doesn't mean that I am not genuinely interested in dry denim and excited to learn more about it. I am just surprised that the women here are being criticized for not knowing more about dry denim. It's not like it's exactly mainstream for women. If you want to see women in other brands, make some recommendations. I certainly haven't found a lot about dry denim for women online. I have never heard of N&F or Sams. When I have traveled to cities where I can actually try on some dry denim, I have been recommended nudies or j brand (they don't even make dry denim). Get my point? Most people I have talked to don't know anything about it. Help a girl out if you have some good suggestions...
post #31 of 40
Mr V....Nicely said.


I admit in my search for info on raw denim for ladies it was really tough, it has taken me countless hours of reading and talking to people to find what fits would work for ladies, what brands made ladies lines...buying countless raw jeans in many different brands to find proper sizing....Finding which brands wore best, where the denim was from...etc.. It is a constant learning experience. I have shared my findings with ladies on this forum in the past and it has bitten me in the ass.
So I dont suggest brands to try. Really though, It is better to find your own way through it all. Then you can appreciate it even more.

But if you want the knowledge it is out there, you just have to look. There are many places to get information regarding raw denim online...MANY...You just have to want the knowledge and dedicate yourself to learning what you are actually wearing. As for finding info on N&F and Sams it is rather easy, it is all listed some of it even on this site.


As for what this *tee* character has to say
That is probably the dumbest thing I have read in a long time.
post #32 of 40
^OK, last post and I am staying out of Jayme's thread.

OK, I know what N&F and Sams are. Yes, they are easy to find. I didn't realize you were using acronyms.

The N&F skinny girls look really pretty, actually. I have seen those many times before. Never seen any pictures of how they fit. And you are right! I haven't researched anything about fit or denim quality on those. When I bought my pbj, I already knew that I liked the cut and that the denim quality was great. So I bought them when hilary was selling them. Makes sense to me!

Anyway, I pm'd you, mel...
post #33 of 40
Any progress on the jeans? My gf just bought a pair today (slim leg one) and I'm wondering if it'll fade nicely. She doesn't want another diesel 8aa lol.
post #34 of 40
Im trying to make her take pics lol! JAYME we need update pics right this minute!!
post #35 of 40
YES! LORNA'S RIGHT (for once!)
post #36 of 40
Thread Starter 
I'm too busy watching a very informative instructional video!

Pics soon peeps not a lot of progress going on with them....
post #37 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayme.michelle View Post
I'm too busy watching a very informative instructional video!

Pics soon peeps not a lot of progress going on with them....
what kind of video?
post #38 of 40
Bump for pics or video.
post #39 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayme.michelle View Post


Holy crap, I started reading this thread and tried to scroll past the "stock" photos to find your pics ... you look like a model and the fit is immaculate!
post #40 of 40
yeah jayme takes awesome pics
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dry Denim
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Dry Denim › Good Society straight leg *pics*