or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hating on Nudie? - Page 2

post #26 of 89
i think to judge a brand, you really need some perspective.

If the person knows alot about dry denim and the companies, culture and quality.
He can hate all he wants.

What I don't like the most are as you guys mentioned, bandwagon jumpers.

They don't know anything about what their criticizing, but just hate on something cause it's the cool thing to do.

and to stay on topic, I think Sigmatic hit the nail on its head.

Nudies are good for what they are, nice jeans at a good - decent price.

If you really wanted some Jap. artisan denim, then go look somewhere else, there is no need to hate on Nudies because they are popular.

I own some Skulls, PBJ and I find myself wearing my Nudies the most.
They are just more comfortable than the stiff ass jap. brands.

I just appreciate them for what they are.
post #27 of 89
stigmatic = win
post #28 of 89
Who the fuck cares if people hate on Nudies? People hate on TRs on this forum all the fucking time, but that is alright?
post #29 of 89
^ can you say something positive. just once?

you have 6600-odd posts of venom, spite, and sarcasm. doesn't it get old from your end? it sure does from this one...
post #30 of 89
I guess you don't bother reading my many helpful posts, completely free of hate and sarcasm. Truth is what I said is exactly true. Why is there a double standard just because people are insulting something they like? Guess what. I don't hate Nudie jeans, but I do prefer other brands to them. I do however back up anyone's opinion to hate Nudie jeans for whatever reasons they want.
post #31 of 89
nudie quality varies greatly between their different cuts. A bootcut OLA vs a RRDS is night and day. Of course, the retail prices reflect this.
I completely agree that the hate for the brand has gone a little overboard though. There are much worse brands to start off with, and slubby jap denim is not for everyone. I say keep the immature elitism to sufu...
post #32 of 89
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
Who the fuck cares if people hate on Nudies? People hate on TRs on this forum all the fucking time, but that is alright?
Not hugged enough as a child, hugged too much?
Why do you have to get pissed off about almost everything that people ask on here, or inquire about?

I asked why people didnt like Nudie because I just made a purchase, and I was worried about quality issues, but I had not heard of any quality issues with Nudie before, unless people sized down too much on their pairs.

TR is known for quality problems with their denim, that is what I was asking about here as I am still unfamiler withh all of Nudies cuts and washes

If almost everything you read on here offends you in some way, dont read it and save yourself the heart attack
post #33 of 89
tsukasa is no worse than many of the other members here, no reason to call him out whatsoever.
post #34 of 89
no worse than you, you mean

I think Tsukasa is trying to make a point and I get what he's saying.

Tsukasa I think that there has just been a ton of anti-nudie posting going on in this particular forum thread and that CUTUP was just trying to figure out exactly why. I dont get it either I mean orange is ugly stitching I guess but yea I love my nudies. The fit is very flattering, but that may be different from guys. I don't think he's ignoring the fact that other brands get hated on, necessarily.

I think people should just like whatever looks good on them! Who cares what brand it is as long as you look hot in it!
post #35 of 89
no, actually I had you and courtzz in mind. But thanks for another neg! How mature!
post #36 of 89
haha yea okay
post #37 of 89
I'm not trying to give you a hard time but do you have any friends in real life?


*awaits obligatory response 'more friends than you.'
post #38 of 89
why do you like causing so much drama and making the most RANDOM rude comments you can think of?
post #39 of 89
Nova- Stop feeding the troll. You call him immature, but you're replying to everything he's saying with a "sassy" rebuttal! That's equally childish, imo, and the best way to deal with someone annoying is to IGNORE them.

Regarding the Nudie hating, I agree with Nova's comment that everyone should just wear what flatters them.

I personally dislike the LOUD orange stitching of Nudie's so I wouldn't want a pair. The fit is also not ideal for my body type because they are cut slimmer through the hip and I need more room there. I also have heard mixed reviews about the quality, esp. with crotch blowouts, so if I'm going to spend a chunk of change, I would prefer a brand that doesnt have a history of splitting in any location.

That being said, to each his/her own, and everyone should just wear whatever they feel comfortable in. And if someone else hates your jeans, so what? As long as you like them it's all good... you are wearing in your jeans for YOURSELF and nobody else.
post #40 of 89
I was a nudie fanboy like many of you but that was before I found dry denim forums which opened my eyes to much higher quality brands in the same price range. One guy just posted his clotch on the verge of blowing out after only 45 wears in the progress thread. The only people defending nudies quality are the ones who wear them on an action packed day to the office. My RRDS needed repair within 3 months of minimal wear and mine are by no means sized down. Most nudie fanatics are just afraid of venturing out other trying other, higher quality brands. Also, browsing the sufu forum, I haven't seen any amazing fades on most nudies.

hibiscu, great advice, I will stop feeding the trolls because I actually want these threads to go somewhere productive.
post #41 of 89
For me it's ultimately it's the poor price to quality ratio. If you're going to spend $200+ on denim, why not spend that money on jeans that are of a higher quality denim, better construction, better indigo dying process, better hardware, etc.? The money you spend on Nudies can go towards something so much greater. And you get a level of exclusivity which you don't with Nudies. That's an extra perk. So yeah, it has nothing to do with back pocket detailing or whatever. I just feel that if you can get something significantly better for the same price why not go for that.

I suppose you lose the ability of being able to tell people you have Nudies and them recognizing it. You'll lose the ability to say "Hey I got Nudies" and the reply being "Oh cool" versus "Hey I got Samurais" and the response being "Huh?" But that's just plain brand whoring and is pathetic.
post #42 of 89
I don't know that many people who have nudies, where I am anyway (middle of nowhere). Around here people have no clue about denim... so I guess I don't have that kind of recognition when I wear my nudies, which is kinda cool in a weird way. I get what you're saying about the price thing... I mean especially guys could buy some really great denim for $200 or maybe a bit more rather than just nudies. You make a good piont
post #43 of 89
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spastic_koala View Post
For me it's ultimately it's the poor price to quality ratio. If you're going to spend $200+ on denim, why not spend that money on jeans that are of a higher quality denim, better construction, better indigo dying process, better hardware, etc.? The money you spend on Nudies can go towards something so much greater. And you get a level of exclusivity which you don't with Nudies. That's an extra perk. So yeah, it has nothing to do with back pocket detailing or whatever. I just feel that if you can get something significantly better for the same price why not go for that.

I suppose you lose the ability of being able to tell people you have Nudies and them recognizing it. You'll lose the ability to say "Hey I got Nudies" and the reply being "Oh cool" versus "Hey I got Samurais" and the response being "Huh?" But that's just plain brand whoring and is pathetic.
Thats was pretty well put^

But the price on Nudies is no where near $200 and up, I got my RRDS for $70 plus shipping brand new. But I can see exactly what you are saying when someone dumps $200 plus for a retail pair.

I also agree as well that I would prefer it if my jeans arent recognized, as I dont want to be looked at as the guy who bought them because they are cool. Brand whoring doesnt appeal to me at all, and I would never go around telling people " oh by the way, these are ( insert brand name here)", as I think thats lame as hell

I also am starting off on the lower end of things just to see if I will even like going through the trouble of wearing raw deinm day in and day out to get the worn look. I would hate to dump some seroius money on a pair of Flatheads or Diors, only to find that I dont like the whole " raw denim" ideoligy enough, to justify the cost
post #44 of 89
i got my nudies on sale shhhh!
post #45 of 89
I chose the $200 based on what I'm seeing on sites like revolve (Nudie Jeans Jeans - Spring 2008 Collection - Free Shipping!)

I understand the concept of wanting to not drop huge amounts of money on your first pair. But even so, there are still better options at lower prices. Some examples worth considering:
1. APC (although everyone and their Mom starts with these - but partially for good reason)
2. Academi Jeans - Great stuff (Academi Jeans - CONTEXT CLOTHING - Free Shipping!)
3. Naked and Famous - A very new brand, so not much info is out there on them. I can't comment too much on the quality, but they're still a viable option. (http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28)
4. Good Society - You can find some selvedge pairs, but not always. (Good Society - Spring 2008 Collection - Free Shipping!)

That's all I can think of right now. But as you can see, there are definitely better options at significantly lower prices than Nudies (even if you get your Nudies on sale).
post #46 of 89
I dunno I still don't see anything wrong with the brand I understand everyone's points, but to each his own I guess
post #47 of 89
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spastic_koala View Post
I chose the $200 based on what I'm seeing on sites like revolve (Nudie Jeans Jeans - Spring 2008 Collection - Free Shipping!)

I understand the concept of wanting to not drop huge amounts of money on your first pair. But even so, there are still better options at lower prices. Some examples worth considering:
1. APC (although everyone and their Mom starts with these - but partially for good reason)
2. Academi Jeans - Great stuff (Academi Jeans - CONTEXT CLOTHING - Free Shipping!)
3. Naked and Famous - A very new brand, so not much info is out there on them. I can't comment too much on the quality, but they're still a viable option. (http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28)
4. Good Society - You can find some selvedge pairs, but not always. (Good Society - Spring 2008 Collection - Free Shipping!)

That's all I can think of right now. But as you can see, there are definitely better options at significantly lower prices than Nudies (even if you get your Nudies on sale).
Thanks for some new ideas

I also snagged a pair of Levis Black label raw Japanese selvege ( still waiting for the delivery) and I have heard the quality is quite outstanding for the price. And I quite like the arcs on the back pockets
post #48 of 89
There's nothing wrong with the brand...per say. I just personally feel that it represents a poor price to quality ratio. My recommendation is to do some exploration and research and you'll find a wealth of better options at better (or at least equivalent) prices. If in the end you find that Nudie fits your ideal the best, then by all means, enjoy them. At least you can say that you came to this conclusion on your own and weren't influenced by popular trends.

There's no need to jump straight to Nudies because everyone else is doing it.
post #49 of 89
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spastic_koala View Post
There's nothing wrong with the brand...per say. I just personally feel that it represents a poor price to quality ratio. My recommendation is to do some exploration and research and you'll find a wealth of better options at better (or at least equivalent) prices.

There's no need to jump straight to Nudies because everyone else is doing it.
Definitly not the reason I started with them

You have to understand, those that arent familier with the whole raw culture, will go towards the first brand name they hear is decent, Nudie is one of the most well known current raw denim companies around, so it makes sense that I start with them if I know nothing about it

Thansk for giving me a rundown, I have quite a bit of exploring to do yet to see which brands I prefer.

I am also looking into PRPS, Samurai, and Flathead if I decide to dump some more money on some better pairs
post #50 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTUP View Post
Definitly not the reason I started with them

You have to understand, those that arent familier with the whole raw culture, will go towards the first brand name they hear is decent, Nudie is one of the most well known current raw denim companies around, so it makes sense that I start with them if I know nothing about it
I understand that this is probably the most common scenario. The average person probably can't name a single raw denim brand and if they can, Nudie is probably at the top of the list of the few they know. So it only makes sense to gravitate towards what you've heard of and what you know.

What I'm promoting is education. Explore other options and make an informed decision. That's all.

I suppose we have to factor in the cost of the time it takes to do this research. If it's not cost effective for you to spend that time then I guess you shouldn't. But I doubt that this is the case often because in life I feel that we rarely will find ourselves in a position where we need a pair of raw denim immediately. Life or death.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dry Denim