or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Dior Jeans › OFFICIAL: Dior Homme Denim Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL: Dior Homme Denim Thread - Page 4

post #76 of 6292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihalis View Post
ok, i tried to take a few more pics. hopefully these are better. i've been wearing them for an hour or two so they haven't stretched much, but i can sag a bit more.

(it hurt lifting my leg this much)


i dont see why you're struggling to sag them now. they will stretch out soon enough and sag then. you try too hard lol
post #77 of 6292
^the black ones actually stretch very little. less than the indigos for sure. and both stretch less than the selvedge ones that you have from what i hear.
post #78 of 6292
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.epic View Post
I'm 5'6" and the 38" inseam has not been a problem.
not a problem in what sense? I mean I don't trip on my pants or anything.....but how can a pair of pants that is shown on guys 6'2" look equally as good on guys that are 5'8" and shorter. It just doesn't make sense...one size fits all $330 jeans? If 38" inseams look right on 5'8" guys, then it only stands to reason that 6'2" guys would need about 44" inseams.....you get my point?
post #79 of 6292
You are correct, at least in my opinion. Stacking is obviously ideal for Dior Homme denim, but if you're under 6' or so (depending on leg length, of course), you could easily afford to hem 4 inches or so off of the jeans to achieve a more reasonable amount of stacking.
post #80 of 6292
sonic - the point you are trying to make is nonexistant. there is no "optimal" fit because how anything looks best is completely subjective. sure they fit differently based on who is wearing them, but i think they look equally good on shorter guys as well as on taller guys. it really makes no sense to me the way you are looking at things because there is no wrong or right way to interpret the fit. its all personal preference. and besides, aren't you the one who thinks it is wrong to translate the runway look directly to real life? by that standard the fact that they are shown on 6' guys should mean nothing in terms of how to wear them in the real world. and another thing to consider is thatg the pairs you see worn on the runway or in shoots are far from off the rack. they are all custom tailored to the models.
post #81 of 6292
^^^ I agree James but just recently you said that something looked good cuz it was shown by a "top designer" so you must respect what designers think and Dior obviously thinks that 38" looks best on 6'2" guys.......James, do you honestly think your jeans wouldn't look better if they were a lil shorter? If you don't think so we'll have to agree to disagree


Seven I agree completely
post #82 of 6292
^i just said that it wasn't "unstylish" because it was taken directly from a runway look. and i did take care to mention that i personally found it quite uninspired because of that fact, as i think copying a runway outfit is a little too much. but that's a whole other conversation.

as for my fit, i personally think everything would look better if i were taller. but thats just a classic example of the grass always being greener. and it truly is nothing more than personal preference anyway.

i honestly think that for you the length should be the least of your concern with dior denims. i think the bigger problem would be the fact that you lack the skinny legs and narrow hips required to really get the intended look.
post #83 of 6292
I'll take that into consideration the next time I wear them. I squat 405 lbs 2x week cuz I don't want skinny legs.....oh, I seem to remember a thunder thighs comment on sufu directed at you as well

*ETA* also, you say. there is no "optimal" fit because how anything looks best is completely subjective but then you say there is an "intended look"...sounds very contradictory
post #84 of 6292
Thread Starter 
Just to butt in because you are talking about me. The only thing I "copied" was the scarf under the blazer (as seen on seven newyork). The scarf was not featured on the runway, and I am not wearing a suit or have the scarf wrapped the same around my neck (since the RAF scarf is like a turtleneck).
post #85 of 6292
If I have a big ass, they'll make me look like I have no ass?
post #86 of 6292
Thread Starter 
what?
post #87 of 6292
post #88 of 6292
Thread Starter 
You don't have to sag them or as much.
post #89 of 6292
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhausted View Post
If I have a big ass, they'll make me look like I have no ass?
yes pretty much
post #90 of 6292
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhausted View Post
If I have a big ass, they'll make me look like I have no ass?
I'm sorry, but this is untrue. If you actaully have an ass, which most guys don't, it will show up. If you sag them your bum will totally disappear.

I've seen a good enough number of men in Dior and if their ass shoes up normally when they wear jeans it will show up. Event he runway models have an ass in Dior. I actually think Dior accentuates your butt more than most jeans depending on the fit. It's just that most men don't have a bum to speak of, which is normal. If you wear them baggier then yea it probably will disappear a little but no biggie.
post #91 of 6292
I'm so glad to have junk in the trunk. If i hadn't, i guess i'd wear ample skirts in order to hide it...
post #92 of 6292
nice boots tee
what are those?
post #93 of 6292
SSSAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGG!
post #94 of 6292
are dior homme jeans faked? if so, how often? are there any clear ways to tell real ones from fakes? i'm just trying to get a sense of how much of the dior homme stuff on ebay is authentic vs fake...any input would be great.
post #95 of 6292
you guys remind me of that guy wearing the nudies who had so much damn stacking it started from the knee down and he thought it looked good. lulz. I personally wouldn't go over 2" of my 32 inseam because it looks silly imo.
post #96 of 6292
Quote:
Originally Posted by gam29 View Post
are dior homme jeans faked? if so, how often? are there any clear ways to tell real ones from fakes? i'm just trying to get a sense of how much of the dior homme stuff on ebay is authentic vs fake...any input would be great.
the majority of dior on ebay, jeans and otherwise, is usually fake. dior stuff, jeans and otherwise, is heavily faked. as with anything else, the best way to tell is to see and handle lots of dior stuff in person and be really familiar with the pieces and what they look like.
post #97 of 6292
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskidder View Post
the majority of dior on ebay, jeans and otherwise, is usually fake. dior stuff, jeans and otherwise, is heavily faked. as with anything else, the best way to tell is to see and handle lots of dior stuff in person and be really familiar with the pieces and what they look like.
If I just search Dior in the men's jeans category, this is what comes up. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of this looks pretty legit. There are a few pieces that pop up as suspicious looking, but the majority seem authentic. Any other thoughts or opinions on this? You're sure the majority of these are fake JSkidder?
dior items on eBay.com
post #98 of 6292
i got these.
post #99 of 6292
^pics
post #100 of 6292
for your negging pleasure, gr1.6.

hf is making them smaller.

indigo:



black:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dior Jeans
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Dior Jeans › OFFICIAL: Dior Homme Denim Thread