or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Dior Jeans › OFFICIAL: Dior Homme Denim Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL: Dior Homme Denim Thread - Page 218

post #5426 of 6313

i hope someone can help me with my problem. right now i have a pair of apc new standards that im trying to break in and its a sz 31.  im in the middle of debating if a pair of sz 31 dior homme armageddon would be too tight on me or not and if a sz 33 griffith park would be too loose on me or not. their both brand new never worn and 19 cm cut.  i work out and i have a little bit over average size thighs and i dont want a pair of jeans thats either paint on or skin tight. 

 

anyone have any insights for me?

post #5427 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by phila1314 View Post

I think Under my Truck is 100% cotton in 19cm with blue contrast fades whereas Under my Track Drill has some elastane with the cotton and comes in 17.5. Also the UMTD has a slightly muddier and "dirtier" wash.

So is mine under my track drill then? It is 17.5 with 98/2 composition:

 

DSCN6569.JPGDSCN6570.JPG

post #5428 of 6313

Just picked up first pair of indigo raws, got a 32, since I tried the 33 and that fit pretty well but a tad loose so I figure once the 32 stretches out it'll be perfect.

 

Excited to get started!

post #5429 of 6313

good be sure to post fit pics when you can. I will post pics of my progress on my raws soon.

post #5430 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanetic View Post

So is mine under my track drill then? It is 17.5 with 98/2 composition:

 

 

 

Yeah I believe those are under my track drill. My under my trucks 19cm looks like this:

EDIT.png

 

They have a more blueish hue compared to your UMTD and the back pockets don't have as much contrast.

post #5431 of 6313

okay nice. welcome to denimblog btw

post #5432 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post

i hope someone can help me with my problem. right now i have a pair of apc new standards that im trying to break in and its a sz 31.  im in the middle of debating if a pair of sz 31 dior homme armageddon would be too tight on me or not and if a sz 33 griffith park would be too loose on me or not. their both brand new never worn and 19 cm cut.  i work out and i have a little bit over average size thighs and i dont want a pair of jeans thats either paint on or skin tight. 

 

anyone have any insights for me?

 

I have an apc raw size 30 thats fully broken in (6months). Its a little loose for me but they're okay, I dont have to wear a belt for it. So I concluded a 29 would be perfect fit for me.

 

I have a few DH in 30s and 31s. Most of my 31 i had to alter the waist because they're just too loose for me for my liking (except rack rail) - I lost some weight thats why. The 30s are perfect fit.

 

So apc 29 / DH 30 for me is the perfect fit. I could even do 29 DH for a super slim fit / tight look, but hey I like comfort and lil room for my legs.

 

If your apc is perfect fit, not too loose or anything, then I'd size up up to 1 for DH. If your apc is sort of loose, not too tight of a fit, dont size up, just stick to the same size.

Here are your 2 choices to base off your apc

APC 31/ DH 32 or APC 31/ DH 31.

 

Bear in mind the 19cm is tighter and higher rise. I'd go for the 33s, alter the waist if need be or belt up. 31 could be too tight for you. Hope this helps

post #5433 of 6313
So I think I'm set on my decision, going for 17.5's and hopefully Jakes.

All I need to know now is where the laces would be to get them. So far, the only places I know of are LVR, Saks, and eBay. Aside from our marketplace. The problem is that Saks only has the one raw pair of "straight leg" dior's. Luisaviaroma on the other hand has a lot, but at full price which I can't afford right now. And eBay either doesn't have my size, or are just as expensive as new.

Where do you guys go/suggest?
post #5434 of 6313
Farfetch.com
Colette.fr
Dior homme store in NY and in LA.
Yoox.com (some of the men's are listed under women's for some reason on yoox)
post #5435 of 6313

I got in my new Jakes. Since Saddock reminded me of how much my UMTD resembled the 19cm Jakes I owned I decided to pick Jakes with less brown in them. They just came in from the Dior Homme store in NY. I ended up getting a 30 cause the sizing is different somehow than from LVR. These are slightly bigger than I prefer as 17.5 cut BUT I am DONE sending back Jakes and trying to find the perfect pair. This is it for me. I will be able to own them forever and fit them forever since I will be able to grow in to them.

DSCN6572.JPGDSCN6573.JPG

 

Also, I just gave my MIJ Raws their 5th wash in about 7 months of average wear. here are pics

DSCN6591.JPG

DSCN6592.JPG

DSCN6585.JPG

DSCN6594.JPG

DSCN6595.JPG

post #5436 of 6313

OMFG those jakes are the best jakes ive ever seen.

 

how do i order from the dior homme store in NY?

post #5437 of 6313

Heyyo! I love your fit! haha

 

Anyway, await pictures for my newest collection, will find some time to take them. Just added work a day, fuel to fire, gold waxed and waxing moon to my collection.

 

Currently, I've

 

griffith park, mulholland drive, carbon dating, rack rail, mondays off, painted sky,black luster waxed, blue waxed clawmarks, black sharp notations, jakes, fuggy dreams, work a day, fuel to fire, gold waxed and waxing moon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanetic View Post

So is mine under my track drill then? It is 17.5 with 98/2 composition:

 

DSCN6569.JPGDSCN6570.JPG

post #5438 of 6313

thanks desecrated i cant wait to see the pica

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHL-Bong View Post

OMFG those jakes are the best jakes ive ever seen.

 

how do i order from the dior homme store in NY?

you really think so? i dont think theyre that special especially compared to the 19cm wash i had. just call them. google them for the number.

post #5439 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanetic View Post

you really think so? i dont think theyre that special especially compared to the 19cm wash i had. just call them. google them for the number.

 

well do u have pics of the 19cm wash u had?

 

i like that jake because its more detailed. but u could say, different tastes varies for different people. u probably prefer urs a bit more subtle. or that it must be the 19cm had a better color tone.

 

which i get it cuz those jakes are a bit more brown-ish.

post #5440 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL-Bong View Post

 

well do u have pics of the 19cm wash u had?

 

i like that jake because its more detailed. but u could say, different tastes varies for different people. u probably prefer urs a bit more subtle. or that it must be the 19cm had a better color tone.

 

which i get it cuz those jakes are a bit more brown-ish.

oh no lol. I certainly do not like it subtle. I think these are too toned down. here is my 19cm jakes

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i373/Steven_Kellum/jean%20shots/DSCN6467.jpg

post #5441 of 6313

Jean, we have the same wash on our jakes! In fact we have the same fitting, they're not as tight as I'd like them to be but they are comfortable the way they fit. Im regularly a 30, got a 31 in jakes (17.5cm cut) of course i bought them when i was 15 lbs heavier so meh. But I looked at my friend's jake, theirs are a little loosely fitted as well. Check out beckhams, he doesnt seem to care that they're loose. Belting up is a must.

 

Btw I love those raws. What size are they? Did u size down? Im done experimenting with apc raws, ready for DH raw. Mid June the DH boutique are getting a 17.5cm raw so might grab that one.

post #5442 of 6313

yeah bechham looks ridiculous in his Dior Homme at times. WAAY too big. I did size down. I have a 28 MIJ Raw and my normal dior size is 29 or 30. 

post #5443 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanetic View Post

oh no lol. I certainly do not like it subtle. I think these are too toned down. here is my 19cm jakes

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i373/Steven_Kellum/jean%20shots/DSCN6467.jpg

ah nvm, that 19cm cut is better for sure. more bluer contrast.

post #5444 of 6313

Hey everyone.  What a great forum!  I have to take some pics of my collection, but it ranges from size 28 MIJ indigo raws to 29 MIJ Powder Blues.  Love them all to pieces.

 

Now debating between size 28 MIJ black raws or a pair of Jakes. I understand Jakes are iconic, but I'm a little put off that they're MII.  

 

Is there a wash reference thread somewhere?

 

Oh, I was the Dior shop on Greene Street in SoHo (temp location).  It's really a step up from the cramped confines near Central Park.  They have some great new suits in.  Finally, has anyone shopped at the new Dior in San Fran?  It's my favorite.  George one of the main salespersons is the man.

post #5445 of 6313
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirgrotius View Post

Hey everyone.  What a great forum!  I have to take some pics of my collection, but it ranges from size 28 MIJ indigo raws to 29 MIJ Powder Blues.  Love them all to pieces.

 

Now debating between size 28 MIJ black raws or a pair of Jakes. I understand Jakes are iconic, but I'm a little put off that they're MII.  

 

Is there a wash reference thread somewhere?

 

Oh, I was the Dior shop on Greene Street in SoHo (temp location).  It's really a step up from the cramped confines near Central Park.  They have some great new suits in.  Finally, has anyone shopped at the new Dior in San Fran?  It's my favorite.  George one of the main salespersons is the man.

Jakes are better IMO if you already have raws anyways. If you want a black/dark MIJ wash then go for the leaden sky. Welcome

post #5446 of 6313

Hello; I am new in this forum.

 

First at all I would like to apologize for my poor english.

 

I would like to get your advice about this question.

 

I bought a pair of Mulholland Drive. Jeans are great but the problem is that the width of the denim leg is higher than I would like.

 

So I don´t Know if narrow them professionally or try to sell them .

 

I like them pretty much, But it was the first pair of Dior Homme jeans I got and I was not used to wear skinny jeans, but Know I only like models like jake or another cut 17,5 com.

 

Could anyone give me any advice?

 

Thank you so much for your answer in advance.

post #5447 of 6313

I am a bit confused by what you are saying? Are you saying the thigh is too big for you? You prefer skinnier cuts like 17.5?

post #5448 of 6313

Yes, sorry for the explanation.

 

I prefer skinnier cuts so I don´t know what to do, If try to reduce the jeans or try to sell them and recover part of my investment.

 

I love the jeans but I am not sure if I tried to reduce them how they are going to fit

post #5449 of 6313

I don´t know why but I have another dior homme models in 19 cm and They are mucho more skinnier that Mulholland drive model

post #5450 of 6313

damn it is very hard to find brut 19cm size 28 / 29 everywhere :(

how long does it usually takes for LVR to restock?

im dying to get one :(

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dior Jeans
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Dior Jeans › OFFICIAL: Dior Homme Denim Thread