or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Dior Jeans › OFFICIAL: Dior Homme Denim Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL: Dior Homme Denim Thread - Page 8

post #176 of 6314
they run out quick at retail even. which jacket did you get? i'm guessing the baseball jacket based on the price. i was hoping to get a blazer or something but they were all gone. probably for the best anyway since 40% off $1800ish is still pretty expensive.
post #177 of 6314

its this one, there was an xs, but it was damm tight. I think the cashier mess up on my purchase since she rang two jackets and i decided to get only one.
post #178 of 6314
ah, the shirt jacket. i have been tempted by that but not sure how i would work it into my style. i'd love to see some worn pics when you get it.
post #179 of 6314
the only thing i hate about it is the bottom part which is like a shirt, i will take some pics and put it on waywt
post #180 of 6314
saks and barneys are eboth having 40% sales on the 5th?

Meaning i could get 40% off of a pair of raw diors?
post #181 of 6314
^yes
post #182 of 6314
No, just @ Barneys.

The Saks sale is over.
post #183 of 6314
^yes
post #184 of 6314
so i thought i would post about my experience at barneys today.
i went there mainly to cop the dior white hightops but sadly they werent even displayed?!? i asked the guy and he had no idea wtf i was talking about. so then i opted to get some other shoes, but lanvins were kind of disappointing. so i get a pair of creative recreations, which are rather cheap, but i think it looks kind of cool. IT WAS CRAZY by the way. so many people. it looked like the entire floor got pillaged or something. the dressing rooms reeked of body odor. NASTY. I didnt even bother looking for dior mij raws because i knew that they didnt have em. this was actually my 3rd time or so shopping at a big department store. i loved the wide selection they had but as Jskidder had said, I think i arrived too late to take full advantage of the sale.

i also wanted to get some graphic tees for summer (i only have like AAs) so i came upon this section called "Nice Collective." I was SO happy that they actually had tee shirts available in small (other labels that i was looking at did not have any Smalls at all). It seemed slim enough so i picked three of them in small and went to the register... and apparently they werent part of the sale. at that point i was just like whatever and bought em anyway. now that i think about it that was a pretty stupid decision. i mean i liked the pretty simple design and all but i dont know if im down to spend such money on tshirts. I havent even taken the nice collective shirts out of the bag yet... I will try them on later and maybe it will change my mind. most likely, they will be returned.

Oh and I forgot, I know that there are some REAL ballers out there in terms of shopping, but Ive never seen one in real life. Like today @ barneys this Russian guy just went through the racks and grabbed EVERYTHING IN HIS SIZE. I watched him because of that. and when he went to the register, it came to like 2400 or something and THIS GUY PAID IN CASH. i was like WOW. BALLER STATUS.
post #185 of 6314
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Clockwork Orange View Post
the dressing rooms reeked of body odor. NASTY.
hahahahaha gross
post #186 of 6314
^ you live in NYC and that's surprising to you? lol

anyways i think james owes us some pics of his diors (the ones he washed and his under my cars)!
post #187 of 6314
he's getting to it... Im sure his inbox is full of PMs..
post #188 of 6314
the shoes at chicago barneys were totally looted. :-/
post #189 of 6314
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Clockwork Orange View Post
so i thought i would post about my experience at barneys today.
i went there mainly to cop the dior white hightops but sadly they werent even displayed?!? i asked the guy and he had no idea wtf i was talking about. so then i opted to get some other shoes, but lanvins were kind of disappointing. so i get a pair of creative recreations, which are rather cheap, but i think it looks kind of cool. IT WAS CRAZY by the way. so many people. it looked like the entire floor got pillaged or something. the dressing rooms reeked of body odor. NASTY. I didnt even bother looking for dior mij raws because i knew that they didnt have em. this was actually my 3rd time or so shopping at a big department store. i loved the wide selection they had but as Jskidder had said, I think i arrived too late to take full advantage of the sale.

i also wanted to get some graphic tees for summer (i only have like AAs) so i came upon this section called "Nice Collective." I was SO happy that they actually had tee shirts available in small (other labels that i was looking at did not have any Smalls at all). It seemed slim enough so i picked three of them in small and went to the register... and apparently they werent part of the sale. at that point i was just like whatever and bought em anyway. now that i think about it that was a pretty stupid decision. i mean i liked the pretty simple design and all but i dont know if im down to spend such money on tshirts. I havent even taken the nice collective shirts out of the bag yet... I will try them on later and maybe it will change my mind. most likely, they will be returned.

Oh and I forgot, I know that there are some REAL ballers out there in terms of shopping, but Ive never seen one in real life. Like today @ barneys this Russian guy just went through the racks and grabbed EVERYTHING IN HIS SIZE. I watched him because of that. and when he went to the register, it came to like 2400 or something and THIS GUY PAID IN CASH. i was like WOW. BALLER STATUS.

$2400 cash on several items is hardly baller status @ barneys. most jackets cost $2400 alone at retail and i have seen dudes drop $10-12K at a time there. unfortunately i am not one of those dudes.

sorry your experience sucked though. usually shopping at barneys is a pretty classy experience, but not when there is a sale on. it turns into a madhouse and the sa's are pretty much in a mad scramble all day. too bad you didn't score any deals, but you really needed to reserve your stuff on friday or saturday to have a shot.

as far as the nice collective goes, they really do make nice subtle graphic t's that fit really well. i probably would have held off on paying retail though as they can be had on sale and they don't change the prints much from season to season. in fact, they will soon be on sale at barneys because full markdowns and the permanent sale will be starting before the end of may. probably memorial day weekend. i should have mentioned before that the lower-end brands they carry like nice collective were not included. the sale was designer items only this time, but when full sale begins everything will be marked down. maybe not all the way to 40% on everything though.
post #190 of 6314
Thread Starter 
Well if you are carrying around $2400+ in cash, you are probably a drug dealer.
post #191 of 6314
here are the post-wash pics of my 19cm. the sun was way too bright so you can see absolutely nothing. i'm really only posting because everyone is bugging me about it, so here they are. there is actually more going on than the pics indicate:








contrast up to show where fading is:



indoors, again not really representative:
post #192 of 6314
detail shots of umc's. again, because i have gotten shitloads of requests:












with boots:
post #193 of 6314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
Well if you are carrying around $2400+ in cash, you are probably a drug dealer.
ha - or a human trafficker
post #194 of 6314
jskid, i'm really surprised that you have literally zero creases in the lap. my 2 week old black 19cms have some already

anyways those umcs look ridiculously sick. are the kva versions really that bad in terms of the wash? i know they are now have some stretch, but i really hope much hasn't changed to the wash. must buy a pair when i go back to nyc
post #195 of 6314
there are no creases because they were just washed before the pics. there were SERIOUS creases before that. there is actually a lot of whisker fade but the lighting was too bright to show it.

and yes, the kva version is terrible imo. its the pair that changed the most and they are fucking awful.
post #196 of 6314
^Those Umc's look insane. I think you got a really awesome pair. I need a pair now.
post #197 of 6314
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskidder View Post
$2400 cash on several items is hardly baller status @ barneys. most jackets cost $2400 alone at retail and i have seen dudes drop $10-12K at a time there. unfortunately i am not one of those dudes.

sorry your experience sucked though. usually shopping at barneys is a pretty classy experience, but not when there is a sale on. it turns into a madhouse and the sa's are pretty much in a mad scramble all day. too bad you didn't score any deals, but you really needed to reserve your stuff on friday or saturday to have a shot.

as far as the nice collective goes, they really do make nice subtle graphic t's that fit really well. i probably would have held off on paying retail though as they can be had on sale and they don't change the prints much from season to season. in fact, they will soon be on sale at barneys because full markdowns and the permanent sale will be starting before the end of may. probably memorial day weekend. i should have mentioned before that the lower-end brands they carry like nice collective were not included. the sale was designer items only this time, but when full sale begins everything will be marked down. maybe not all the way to 40% on everything though.
ahahah yeah i think it would have been much better if it wasnt for the sale and all. The SAs werent very attentive at all. only to the BALLERS. ive never actually seen someone throw down that kind of money in CASH so i was seriously surprised today. i was seriously about to ask him like dude i will suck your dick or something can you cop me some clothes? and yeah like you said i moved too late on the sale thing. so anyway, i tried on the nice collective shirts, and i really do like how they fit; they fit almost like AAs for me. and i love the fact that it isnt very loud/obnoxious. i think i will keep them and i plan on getting another/exchanging one for another tmrw after my finals. overall, i think i should take advantage of department stores more. i didnt realize they had so much. i mean i expected them to have the typical designer stuff, but i did not expect to see APC/April 77/and other the brands i usually go for etc. i think it will save me time as opposed to going different smaller shops to acquire them (though im not sure dept stores carry my small size).

as for the diors, umc specifically, they look great but im surprised to see that stacking seems pretty minimal. i was expecting to see alot more bunching and such.

and lastly, i was just wondering... you are very well-dressed, and I was just wondering if it is the same case for your friends as well. do your friends dress like you/share an interest in fashion etc? NONE of my friends really shop for clothes. the ones that do are the typical Ed Hardy/7 Diamond + True Religion type of guys. and if you are the only one with the interest, do you like critique your friends' outfits like you do on forums? i imagine that would be fucking hilarious.
post #198 of 6314
i live about a good hour away from barney's, so i didn't want to make two trips. i went today and pretty much everything was gone in my size =[

i will probably go back during the permanent sale to pick up some of the other stuff i saw that i liked though.
post #199 of 6314
james this is the first post you've had with Grass in the scenary. nice scenario change!
post #200 of 6314
I went to a canadian high end department store this weekend and finally saw some Dior jeans. Unfortunately they only had MII in black and indigo, and only size 38 lol... They were going for $260 CND and they were so thin/soft compared to other raws. I didn't believe they were raw at first. I also saw a gray pair of Dior, MIJ this time, but not raw I think, but they were going for $600 :/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dior Jeans
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Dior Jeans › OFFICIAL: Dior Homme Denim Thread