or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I finally got Lipo!!

post #1 of 44
Thread Starter 
After 2 years of diet, exercise, research and comtemplating, I finally got lipo (Tumescent Liposuction).
I got my love hadles, muffing top or whatever you like to call it sucked right out.

I had the surgery Feb. 15th and I'm so relieved that it's done. I'm a bit sore, but Tylenol takes care of that.
post #2 of 44
Tell me more! Cost, where you found your surgeon etc.
Ever since my c-section delivery 3 months ago, I've been contemplating it too. Just like you, I want to first try the "regular" (and cheaper) route of diet and exercise, but so far I have seen no results and if the weight doesn't come off within 18 months to 2 years, I'll probably opt for lipo, too.
How long is recovery?
I hope you like the results and I'm glad to hear the surgery went well/you're feeling well.
post #3 of 44
I agree!! tell me more, tell me more.

If youre not too shy, could you pm me some before and after pics if you have?
If not , no probs I dont know if Id send pics of myself either. .
post #4 of 44
Thread Starter 
Maddiconner I had a c-section when my daughter was born. I know how you feel. You should definitley give your body enough time to heal from that trauma alone. Your on the right track. Before you decide on lipo, eat healthy and exercise , you should have no problem dropping the xtra pregnancy weight.

I decided to get the surgery because my love handles was a trouble spot for me. You cannot spot reduce with exercise. No matter how hard I worked out or how healthy I ate, they still would not go away. I noticed a change everywhere else on my body except my love handles. That's what made me decide to do it.

I had two consultations with 2 different surgeons and I decided to go with the second. The second took more time to answer my questions and find out my concerns. They also made me feel much more comfortable. The first surgeon only stayed in the room for a good 5 minutes.

The total cost was 2000. They charge by area and love handles are considered one area.

This is my second day post op and I'm feeling great. I will keep you guys posted on how my recovery goes. I can see a big difference already, so far so good!
post #5 of 44
How long do you have downtime after the surgery? I am actually waiting for a plastic surgeon appointment right now because my stomach skin just sagged when I lost 40 pounds 2 years ago and I also have the love handles problem that won't go away with diet and exercise. I have to wait and see whether I just need lipo or a tummy tuck.
post #6 of 44
Thread Starter 
Honestly, as soon as i came home, I was able to do some light cleaning in the house. The second day I went to the mall with my family walked around and had dinner. Its going very well, I can say I had no down time. The only thing is when I sit, I have to do so a little slower because my sided are sore. Then again it depends on the extent of what you need to have or have had done. With a tummy tuck you will surely have down time because that is a major surgery.
post #7 of 44
wow. I've seriously been considering love handle lipo for awhile now. It's listed as "one of the treat I'll give myself after school." The ONLY time my love handles went down I was practically underweight and had a lot of people commenting on my weight loss which didn't feel good.

I would love to see pictures as well. I had a dream about this (lipo) last night!
post #8 of 44
Uh, how about diet (healthy) and exercise? Belly dancing is good for the tummy area, especially love handles. Why the unnecessary pain? Sounds stupid and vain to me. The only time someone should use surgery in order to lose weight, is if their health is seriously in jeopardy. If you are worried that someone doesn't like you cause you got love handles, I got four word. Boot their sorry ass!
post #9 of 44
can you do pics of before and after when your much better?
post #10 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustylovesJack View Post
Uh, how about diet (healthy) and exercise? Belly dancing is good for the tummy area, especially love handles. Why the unnecessary pain? Sounds stupid and vain to me. The only time someone should use surgery in order to lose weight, is if their health is seriously in jeopardy. If you are worried that someone doesn't like you cause you got love handles, I got four word. Boot their sorry ass!


I think many people would think spending 200$ on a pair of jeans to make their ass look good, is stupid and vain as well. Being a member of this forum, you obviously see some value in that though. To each their own... but I don't think it's necessary to join a thread to post how stupid you think someone is when she obviously started it because she feels really good about her choice. why post....

Congrats on the surgery!
post #11 of 44
^ Agree with Cher

in the original post she said that she had tried diet and exercise and was unable to take care of one problem spot.
post #12 of 44
^Agree, If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it all!!!!!!!!!!!
post #13 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbd16 View Post
I think many people would think spending 200$ on a pair of jeans to make their ass look good, is stupid and vain as well. Being a member of this forum, you obviously see some value in that though. To each their own... but I don't think it's necessary to join a thread to post how stupid you think someone is when she obviously started it because she feels really good about her choice. why post....

Congrats on the surgery!
Actually, I don't buy jeans to make my ass look good. I buy all my stuff, simply because I like it. That's why you don't see me posting my ass shots on here.

Sharijasmine,

I apologize if I upset you in any way. I wasn't directing those words towards you personally. I should have expressed my feelings in a more sensitive manner. I really am sorry. What I was trying to say, was that you don't need to resort to something so drastic to change your physical look. I feel like everything should be achieved through good, hard work. Something like love handles is not a big deal and there are other ways of getting rid of that. Maybe your previous exercise was just not the right one. But since you already did it, then I guess there really is no point to saying this now. Hope you are feeling good and recover quickly. But next time, think twice before you go under the knife for something this small.
post #14 of 44
[Something like love handles is not a big deal and there are other ways of getting rid of that. Maybe your previous exercise was just not the right one. But since you already did it, then I guess there really is no point to saying this now. Hope you are feeling good and recover quickly. But next time, think twice before you go under the knife for something this small.[/quote]

What other ways do you know of to get rid of love handles? Other than diet & exercise to reduce your fat %, I wasn't aware of any ways to get rid of them.
post #15 of 44
Try belly dancing, you'll see your mid section shrink. The results are amazing. It also depends on what you eat. Good luck getting rid of them.
post #16 of 44
I'm curious about the surgery. Do you think it is worth it?
post #17 of 44
congrattsssss!!! i want to see before/after pics!
post #18 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustylovesJack View Post
Uh, how about diet (healthy) and exercise? Belly dancing is good for the tummy area, especially love handles. Why the unnecessary pain? Sounds stupid and vain to me. The only time someone should use surgery in order to lose weight, is if their health is seriously in jeopardy. If you are worried that someone doesn't like you cause you got love handles, I got four word. Boot their sorry ass!
I do understand your point of view cause in the past I tended to think like this myself. But as you get older and your body (and metabolism) changes...it's just not as easy as that anymore. Also, a lot of diets only work temporarily and you gain the whole weight right back. I am very very good at keeping my weight, I hardly ever gain any unless there is a major circumstance in my life that leads me to it (pregnancy, marriage, etc.), so I could get lipo and then work at keeping it off, which I'm good at. I think we're all curious because none of us is really sure that we'd have the courage to go ahead with it - it IS surgery after all. And most of us would not be doing it to please someone, just ourselves.
post #19 of 44
Dude, it's her prerogative to do what she pleases with her body. No need to threadcrap.
post #20 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2venus View Post
Dude, it's her prerogative to do what she pleases with her body. No need to threadcrap.
Yea, and it's my prerogative to express my opinion. I already apologized ans said it wasn't personally directed at her so no need to stretch this out.
post #21 of 44
We want before/after pics! Glad to hear youre doing well.
post #22 of 44
May I ask out of nothing more than honest curiosity, won't the love handles come back after a time? I store my 'reserves' in the same area and I always though that getting lipo was a quick fix and then it comes right back.
post #23 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustylovesJack View Post
Uh, how about diet (healthy) and exercise? Belly dancing is good for the tummy area, especially love handles. Why the unnecessary pain? Sounds stupid and vain to me. The only time someone should use surgery in order to lose weight, is if their health is seriously in jeopardy. If you are worried that someone doesn't like you cause you got love handles, I got four word. Boot their sorry ass!
I did state that after 2 yrs of diet and exercise I decided to get lipo. I tried different routines and methods. The rest of my body became nicely toned but my love handles did not got anywhere. For this reason I made my choice and I am very proud of that.
post #24 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorna17 View Post
can you do pics of before and after when your much better?
sure
post #25 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicat08 View Post
I'm curious about the surgery. Do you think it is worth it?

You know what, honestly I know it's worth it. I was so uncomfortable in my skin and frustrated for a long time exercising and dieting with no results. I was very nervous about the whole thing for a while, but I did my research and decided to go ahead and do it. I am very pleased now. No more muffin top hanging on the side of my jeans. It actually boosted my self confidence.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ladies Lounge