or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Dry Denim › Pics of Your Dry/Raw Denim Progress | Best Raw Denim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pics of Your Dry/Raw Denim Progress | Best Raw Denim - Page 3

post #51 of 1664
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsurgo
11 months of wear you gotta be kidding me. dude get outside your house and be active. those jeans look like youve had em for 4 or 5.
i am NO Nudie expert but i agree with adsurgo. some of the pics on the mynudies site have lots more wear to them and have only been worn for like a few months. one guy wore his for like only a few weeks and they looked pretty insane. guess it depends on how much walking around you do in them. i might try and bikeride in them.. can't help but think it'd make them look awesome.
post #52 of 1664
were those RRDS that cruel_angel posted?
post #53 of 1664
j0emama, all I can say is "I love you shoes", have 2 pairs of van.
post #54 of 1664
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetter
were those RRDS that cruel_angel posted?
Yea, they look like it
post #55 of 1664
Can't wait to get a pair..I want to keep a wallet in one of the pockets and get a nice square shape faded on em. It'd be awesome if I get this wallet and the big Diesel D becomes part of the jeans..hehe.

post #56 of 1664
Do they make these jeans for women? and if so where?
I think the idea is really cool. I would love to see how my jeans would come out if I had a pair.
post #57 of 1664
nudies made a line for women called denimbirds. someone is selling a pair in a sz 26 on www.mynudies.com . i hear these jeans run 1-2 sizes small.
post #58 of 1664


these are my apc cure/tight at 6 months, i wash about every 6 weeks.
post #59 of 1664
The back of the knee's are coming out nice!!
post #60 of 1664
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetter
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsurgo
11 months of wear you gotta be kidding me. dude get outside your house and be active. those jeans look like youve had em for 4 or 5.
i am NO Nudie expert but i agree with adsurgo. some of the pics on the mynudies site have lots more wear to them and have only been worn for like a few months. one guy wore his for like only a few weeks and they looked pretty insane. guess it depends on how much walking around you do in them. i might try and bikeride in them.. can't help but think it'd make them look awesome.
why is everybody in such a rush to break jeans in, one of the main good things about dry denim, is that it hasn't had a year or more worth of wear flushed down the sink/ sanded off at a commercial laundery.

the front seem to be getting some nice wear, altough the hege [whiskers] will develop more after they are softened with the first wash. because those jeans are quite loose the honeycombs/ and hege won't be that dramatic.

this is one of the main reasons for the prevelence of slim straight and or tapered legs amognst people who are heavily into dry denim.
post #61 of 1664
sorry i was talking about these jeans

post #62 of 1664
here's my SJ Dry Black about 2 months, no fading only creases...wear every day but still long way to go!




post #63 of 1664
Thread Starter 
Looking good, I'll post new pics of mine when I hit the 1month mark (14th).
post #64 of 1664
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmc05
Looking good, I'll post new pics of mine when I hit the 1month mark (14th).
yeah...keep this thread going...c'mon, nudie lovers!!! pic pic pic
post #65 of 1664
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfreak
here's my SJ Dry Black about 2 months, no fading only creases...wear every day but still long way to go!




the knees look awesome!!
this may be a really newbie question , but will they stay that way after they are washed?
post #66 of 1664
Haha, I would post pictures of mine but I am barely on day 4.
post #67 of 1664
[quote="jeansjeans"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfreak
here's my SJ Dry Black about 2 months, no fading only creases...wear every day but still long way to go!

the knees look awesome!!
this may be a really newbie question , but will they stay that way after they are washed?
they'll become fading after wash...those're called honeycomb??? i think.
post #68 of 1664
Thread Starter 
Yep, I think they will be faded and have some of the crinkles leftover but not as distinct as they are unwashed.
post #69 of 1664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Bennett
JustChar this is an example of what they should look like after you gone through the process of breaking them in! Those are so beautiful!!!

Jesus! What jeans are these? Is this naturally broken in? Is it possible to brake in a pair of Levis 501 shrink to fit like this? What do I have to do to get the jeans with sharp fades like this?
post #70 of 1664
buy Nudies and wear th hell out of them for about 2 years.. for this type of fade. no joke.
post #71 of 1664
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetter
buy Nudies and wear th hell out of them for about 2 years.. for this type of fade. no joke.
before wash?
post #72 of 1664
haha well wash maybe once every 4-6 months. but that type of fade can definitely not be reached in anything under a year from what i've seen.
post #73 of 1664
yeah those jeans must be at least 2-2.5 years old. if all you do is walk around in them, it's going to be a long project
post #74 of 1664
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeoonguy
Jesus! What jeans are these? Is this naturally broken in? Is it possible to brake in a pair of Levis 501 shrink to fit like this? What do I have to do to get the jeans with sharp fades like this?
With the $30 pair, no, because the indigo used will run like crazy, and it won't look very good.

The Levi Vintage Collection, or better yet, a pair of Sugar Cane 501's will wear like that. That's actually the inspiration for Nudies and just about every other brand that makes dry jeans (APC, JR, etc.): a very well worn pair of 1947 era Levi 501's.

Oh, and for women, besides Denimbird, I'd suggest getting a pair of Earnest Sewns, they're available in Dry Selvedge in just about every cut (I'm personally breaking in a pair of men's Fulton one-rinse selvedges).
post #75 of 1664
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeetee
yeah those jeans must be at least 2-2.5 years old. if all you do is walk around in them, it's going to be a long project
I'm now riding my bicycle while wearing them Really works the hell out of 'em I'm just now at one month
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dry Denim
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Dry Denim › Pics of Your Dry/Raw Denim Progress | Best Raw Denim