or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Dry Denim › Pics of Your Dry/Raw Denim Progress | Best Raw Denim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pics of Your Dry/Raw Denim Progress | Best Raw Denim - Page 11

post #251 of 1664
they look pretty good.

anyone own thin finns? How do they fit? Perhaps pictures? revolve had them in all sizes last week and in matter of few days almost all sizes are gone. I grabbed a pair of 28x34s even tho i should get a 29x32. I tried on a size 28 ola bootcut b4 and they were tight as shiz. we'll see when it gets here. think I'll be okay?
post #252 of 1664
What size do you usually wear
post #253 of 1664
Ill post mine when I get them back from the tailor, you all remeber they ripped in the crotch and they bottom of the leg.
post #254 of 1664
Quote:
Originally Posted by shwanger
they look pretty good.

anyone own thin finns? How do they fit? Perhaps pictures? revolve had them in all sizes last week and in matter of few days almost all sizes are gone. I grabbed a pair of 28x34s even tho i should get a 29x32. I tried on a size 28 ola bootcut b4 and they were tight as shiz. we'll see when it gets here. think I'll be okay?
haptronic's advice is to buy them as tight as possible so I think you should be good.
post #255 of 1664
can anybody suggest what size to get in bootcut ola's? i'm a 30 zaf 31 zathan....should i go with 31's? because diesel's sizing is so wear, I'm probably more a natural 32. I hear they are really tight in the thighs though, so if i sized up to 33 would that be too big? HELP!
post #256 of 1664
what do you guys do abotu the inseams being so long?? do you hem them? and apprx how much do nudies run?
post #257 of 1664
Quote:
Originally Posted by style_assassin
can anybody suggest what size to get in bootcut ola's? i'm a 30 zaf 31 zathan....should i go with 31's? because diesel's sizing is so wear, I'm probably more a natural 32. I hear they are really tight in the thighs though, so if i sized up to 33 would that be too big? HELP!
I'm speaking from experience and DO NOT SIZE UP!!! I usually wear 33 or 34 and bought 36 in RRDS and they are HUGE. Follow haptronic's advice and buy it your regular size and let them suffocate your genitals and let them stretch to perfection.

I am now itching to buy another pair of RRDS or Sugarcane Boot-Cut in my right size.

Question for those of you who ordered from kitchener. How did you guys order online since it's all in german and what about currency exhange?

thanks
Tim
post #258 of 1664
^^ you might even want to size DOWN a size. for me i sized down 2 sizes from my normal.

and as for kitchener, just click "en" for the english site.
post #259 of 1664
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsurgo
Wow. Great job!
post #260 of 1664
whoops. fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by themeowmixcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsurgo
Wow. Great job!
post #261 of 1664
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadler
^^ you might even want to size DOWN a size. for me i sized down 2 sizes from my normal.

and as for kitchener, just click "en" for the english site.
Well crap I had to use a German-English translator but I managed to order RRDS in 33x32 this time and I believe it came to $176. I should have ordered my first pair here...doh
post #262 of 1664
my jeans are new standars. i washed them in the hottest setting on medium length soak with regular detergent and a small amount of bleach.

also, to whoever said they liked the ass, its a lot better looking in person. a bunch of the threads are coming apart and/ or worn out a lot and it really gives them character.

im kinda dissapointed in the way they look mostly in the thigh region but theyre better than some others ive seen so i guess its all good. plus ill get a lot more contrast with more wear. im gonna just keep wearing em hard for like another 4 months before another wash.
post #263 of 1664
Stick with ur zathan size
post #264 of 1664
I own a pair of Zathan 60F in a 31 and bootcut ola in a 32. There is no way I could have gotten into a 31 bootcut ola. I own two pairs of nudies now and while I agree that you should size down, buying them so tight that you can't button the top buttion is just silly imo.
post #265 of 1664
Quote:
Originally Posted by engteach
I own a pair of Zathan 60F in a 31 and bootcut ola in a 32. There is no way I could have gotten into a 31 bootcut ola. I own two pairs of nudies now and while I agree that you should size down, buying them so tight that you can't button the top buttion is just silly imo.
it also depends on which cut you want to buy. the ola and glenn are alot tighter than the ralfs so you won't need to downsize that much or at all. i wear a 32 in zathans(a little loose in the waist, perfect everywhere else), and i got a 31 in ralfs. they fit just a little tight at first, but now have stretched pretty much everywhere. my next ralfs will be in a size 30, which wont allow me to button the top button. but i think when i'm done with them, they'll have stretched out to perfection.
post #266 of 1664
I would say for the ola to size up one from you Zathan size. I think it would fit a just a tad snug but nudie do stretch.

I really want to try out a pair of A.p.c. next, but don't come in super long lengths?
post #267 of 1664
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadler
Quote:
Originally Posted by engteach
I own a pair of Zathan 60F in a 31 and bootcut ola in a 32. There is no way I could have gotten into a 31 bootcut ola. I own two pairs of nudies now and while I agree that you should size down, buying them so tight that you can't button the top buttion is just silly imo.
it also depends on which cut you want to buy. the ola and glenn are alot tighter than the ralfs so you won't need to downsize that much or at all. i wear a 32 in zathans(a little loose in the waist, perfect everywhere else), and i got a 31 in ralfs. they fit just a little tight at first, but now have stretched pretty much everywhere. my next ralfs will be in a size 30, which wont allow me to button the top button. but i think when i'm done with them, they'll have stretched out to perfection.

From what I've read, though, after the first wash the waist shrinks back down to the original size. Will post-wash Nudies have the stretchability of dry Nudies? I haven't finished my projects so I don't know, but it seems pretty risky for such an expensive pair of jeans.
post #268 of 1664
^^ some ppl say it shrinks back to original size, and some say it shrinks just a little. but they all say that once you start wearing them, they'll stretch out again within a week or so
post #269 of 1664
Ok so I received my thin finns. And they are super tight. Should I not wear em so tight? Im only 5'8" so should I not wear tight ass jeans if Im short? Ive never worn jeans this tight. makes me look like a girl. Im kind of scared. Should I just return to Revolve for a size 30x32?

Here are some pictures. honest opinions please.









[/img]
post #270 of 1664
damn those are pretty tight, can you return it even if its dry denim, would imagine it gets all wrinkly and stuff..but however

We need to see your entire outfit though to make good judgement. Do you wear a shirt thats proprotionally small to match the tightness of the pants? as long as the outfit flows good that's all that matters. tight jeans are hawtt, but not if you look awkward trying to pull it off!

and to earlier posts, DO NOT SIZE UP. Buy your regular size and sleep in them and have them stretch
post #271 of 1664
Quote:
Originally Posted by shwanger
Ok so I received my thin finns. And they are super tight. Should I not wear em so tight? Im only 5'8" so should I not wear tight ass jeans if Im short? Ive never worn jeans this tight. makes me look like a girl. Im kind of scared. Should I just return to Revolve for a size 30x32?

Here are some pictures. honest opinions please.









[/img]
dude, return those and get some bootcut olas, those jeans are just fuckin hideous, guys should not wear jeans that tight, ever!
post #272 of 1664
if you want a slim fit, i'd say return them and get the slim jims. personally, i think they look alot better. because those thin fins kind of make your legs a look girlie.
post #273 of 1664
if you didnt want real tight jeans why would you buy thin finns?>
post #274 of 1664
I returned my thin finns and got slim jims. No regret there. You might want to look at APC new standardds if you like tapered jeans
post #275 of 1664
Quote:
any suggestions for well-priced (around 100 or less) denim that fits and fades well? i was looking at the levis site, and they have bootcut rinsed 517s for really cheap, but if they were rinsed... does that mean they wont fade as well?
http://www.levisstore.com/product/in...entPage=family
or anywhere i could get cheap nudies? any other brands that make good raw/dry jeans?
APCs are your friend. I've just got myself a pair of New Standards, and they feel great.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dry Denim
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Dry Denim › Pics of Your Dry/Raw Denim Progress | Best Raw Denim