or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Womens Designer Jeans › More Womens Jeans › Do people on HF actually purchase jeans here?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do people on HF actually purchase jeans here? - Page 2  

post #26 of 92
Thread Starter 
Ya I agree with you do not think I am trying to tell you that you are wrong on every point, but I mentioned I was not talking about samples sales, or sales at all.... We have sample sales many times a year, I am talking about regular stores and new season items. I imagine in the US their must be gigantic stores because you guys have a much much MUCH larger market than Canada, and that is without saying that in Can, rich people are a minority and not everyone can afford $400 jeans.

So i guess there are big department stores that buy in such high volumes that they have special deals with the supplier. However, the newest styles do not go for $49.99, if you can proove me that I will pay you 1 grand lol.. that just is impossible, styles from one season period back are already considered old stock.. keep in mind a season selling period is at the most 4 months long.
post #27 of 92
there were new seasons VB Crystal LILAC and MOLOKO crowns at marshall's for $69.99 i believe so yes you can get new stuff for dirt cheap. people have gotten brand new guy's styles w/ the new R from nordies rack for $99.99 or less
post #28 of 92
Thread Starter 
Silver you are somewhat right, I was just trying to answer a question, as an individual, R&R will not bother you, but if there are people selling new pairs on a regular basis at extremely low cost, its not the same as buying a pair that does not fit you and selling it, that person can be stealing from the manufactuer or so and so see what I mean?
post #29 of 92
I can honestly tell you I've never spent more than $97.00 on any pair of designer jeans I own and bought a pair of Rich and Skinny's for $20.00

So you can DEFINETLY find authentic denim for cheap
NWT's yea you'll probably pay more but I bought a pair of TR Johnny's in Dark Urban Cowboy for $79.99 at emoda less than 6 months ago and I LOVE THEM they were a new style and bought from a reputable retailer



deals are possible for sure
and I agree w/ wangz! I HATE the new R's not sexy and not flattering but i would def dish out some money for a good pair of lead vargas and I happend to get lucky and got a pair NWT's for $95.00 in HM

it just depends on the style and how popular it is not... if it's the current in season style!
post #30 of 92
Thread Starter 
wangz very good points thanks for enlighting me on the feminist opignion of the current R&R situation

as for current season styles going for $69.99 it is hard for me to believe, since retail price is usually over $200. Do you not agree with me that it does not make sense, let it be true or not
post #31 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Rock View Post
Silver you are somewhat right, I was just trying to answer a question, as an individual, R&R will not bother you, but if there are people selling new pairs on a regular basis at extremely low cost, its not the same as buying a pair that does not fit you and selling it, that person can be stealing from the manufactuer or so and so see what I mean?

??? i think you're missing the point

someone goes to Marshalls or TJmaxx or Bloomies or Nordies or WHEREVER and will buy a BNWT pair of R&R whatever style it may be for $60.00 and sell it on HM for a little profit

they're not ripping off the company at all they're buying it at a sale price at a reputalbe retailer and R&R has gotten their money
post #32 of 92
who cares what retail is, if i can get a new or coveted style for cheap i'm going for it. its stupid to pay a ton of money for something if you can get it for a heck of a lot cheaper somewhere else
post #33 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Rock View Post
as for current season styles going for $69.99 it is hard for me to believe, since retail price is usually over $200. Do you not agree with me that it does not make sense, let it be true or not
maybe hard for you to believe b/c you don't see it but i see it all the time. you don't always need to see something to believe it
post #34 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Rock View Post
wangz very good points thanks for enlighting me on the feminist opignion of the current R&R situation

as for current season styles going for $69.99 it is hard for me to believe, since retail price is usually over $200. Do you not agree with me that it does not make sense, let it be true or not

it's just overstock
say R&R produces 6 boxes filled with 10 pairs of jeans Brand new styles one box gets ripped and a pair of jeans is damaged they dont even bother w/ that box so 5 boxes get sold to retailers who sell at $200.00 per pair and the box that was opend and torn gets sent to TJ maxx or another overstock reatailer who sells it at half the cost

it's quite simple

some of those pairs in perfect new condition a brand new style and one pair that was on top may have a tiny hole
post #35 of 92
you go tell the guys that managed to snag NEW SEASONS destruction wash henley for $72 and death metals for $80 from emoda that you can't find R&R for cheap
post #36 of 92
Thread Starter 
You see Nova, that makes SENSE, everyone else giving me a customer opignion are the ones going BESIDE THE POINT... I am not asking what do you think, or give me your opignion I am talking facts of how the clothing industry works.. what Nova just pointed out is very common and that is how things go. You do not get a brand new style for $49.99 just like that it IS impossible, there is a reason for everything.

Either way I got alot of info off this thread and do not mean to get into any bad hearted arguments, I was just trying to get an understanding of the US market to help me sell on HF, thanks for all the help guys and hope to speak and deal with all of you in the near futur.
post #37 of 92
Thread Starter 
72 and 80 is not 49.99.. i just think 49.99 for a new style from this current season is ridiculous... what makes this high end designer clothing if it costs 49.99, thats what buffalo jeans go for.. that is all.
post #38 of 92
^ But they are giving you facts mine is just another of MANY facts that makes R&R more accessable than people presume!

and it is 100% possible to get a brand new perfect condition new style pair of R&R for well under $100.00 you're just not used to it so you do not understand it I didn't at first either but it makes sense it's just a little known fact about all designer denim.

TJMaxx and Marshalls are overstock but other companies like eModa and even Eluxury have AMAZING deals somtimes and you can find a brand new pair of R&R's for cheap believe it or not it happens how else would anyone here make a profit?

You're taking this all the wrong way my friend
post #39 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Rock View Post
So R&R can do alot more than you believe my dear, trust me on that, I deal with them on a daily basis and would not like to let them know about this website myself. I do not rat

How do you deal wth them everyday??


and if you do wouldnt you know all the above info?
post #40 of 92
WHAT MAKES IT HIGH END is NOT the price
It's the quaility of the wash the design the cut and the type of denim used
it's the softness you get from premium denim that you cannot find anywhere else
not the cost
post #41 of 92
well you tell the people that got their crowns for $49.99 and $69.99 that they're ridiculous for paying so little for crowns

or better yet go tell R&R how stupid they are for letting their crowns go to those discount stores why other people threw away $300 plus for them
post #42 of 92
oh and $72 and $80 is amazing when you look that they originally cost $220 and $229
post #43 of 92
Honey if jeans at Walmart felt and fit and looked like a pair of R&R's I'd have a MAJOR collection
post #44 of 92
Thread Starter 
nonono I think you people are getting me all wrong not the other way around,

First off, Tiff, I wont tell you about my private life, but I am not in the US, not the same market so no I know nothing about US market, hence why I have so many questions!!

Second, I am glad for all the "facts" I have gotten here today, I just dont believe things people say on the internet right off the bat, I ask questions and debate, excuse me for not being so naive, no need to get defensive thinking I am calling you liars, all I am saying is a regular store is not able to sell at that price because he probably pays that price wholesale, thats a FACT, big stores or overstock stores get deals and therefore why I said there is a REASON why you might pay $49.99 for new delivery crowns. I said I wasnt talking about sales or specials either, Nova your telling me these are jeans on sale, not regular price.

If I am asking questions on how this is possible is only for my personal understanding, not because I think you people are STUPID!? for paying low prices wtf!? Lets not become immature.. I am trying to learn a thing or two.

And last of all, I am here to sell AT LOW PRICE thats why I want to understand the market better!

Thanks to those that have educated me without the stupid customer comments.. no point
post #45 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Rock View Post
Second, I am glad for all the "facts" I have gotten here today, I just dont believe things people say on the internet right off the bat, I ask questions and debate, excuse me for not being so naive, no need to get defensive thinking I am calling you liars, all I am saying is a regular store is not able to sell at that price because he probably pays that price wholesale, thats a FACT, big stores or overstock stores get deals and therefore why I said there is a REASON why you might pay $49.99 for new delivery crowns. I said I wasnt talking about sales or specials either, Nova your telling me these are jeans on sale, not regular price.
you think we're going lie to you about being able to get amazing deals?

you can't even get crap hollister and AF jeans for $49.99 retail. i so don't understand what you're saying in the second bolded part. before you said no way could stores mark down R&R so cheap but now you're saying you meant you can't get R&R for retail cheap?
post #46 of 92
Thread Starter 
and just for the record, R&R jeans are not so high end when it comes to quality, the wash and cuts can be stellar, but material and stitch wise, they rip like crazy, We ship back tons of boxes for ripped returns. but that is besides the point.

Once again thank you to everyone for helping me better understand the market! Dont get mad at me for questioning stuff, the point of my thread was to ask a question, not to get bashed by people that got angry that my opigion that current season R&Rs going for 50$ is a ridiculous price... it is.. considering what the original retail price is... does not mean I would be unhappy to pay them at that price.. so relax a bit.. have an adult conversation instead of dishing frustrating comments at me.
post #47 of 92
Thread Starter 
thats what i said from the start... read my posts i said i wasnt talking about sample sales or sales in general but regular RETAIL price stuff, your replying to everything and anything with an angry attitude relax man... I do not know your market thats why im asking you, and once again I didnt call you a liar, I just asked for explanation instead of just believing anything being said.. take it easy....
post #48 of 92
We do know that they rip like crazy but not all their denim does like xanex is a very commonly ripped wash. People do get frustrated online probably becuase it's the internet and you cannot really see where you're coming from... u know no expressions in ur voice or facial gestures etc... (obviously lol) so i'm sure that everyone is just taking this the wrong way. I apologize if I seemed defensive but you can find stuff priced (not just sales) for less than retail perfect example was the overstock situation!

I think your question could have been stated a bit different even I honestly had not an idea what your point was... but yes there are sales and sample sales that you can buy from! but if u are looking for things that retail for cheap and this is BEFORE sale prices then yes places liek Off Fifth, Nordstrom Rack, Marshalls, TJMaxx etc... are places taht deal with overstock and you can find many brand new in season styles for way less than "retail" price but priced that way as New items not sale items...

do i make sense? sometimes i have what i wanna say and my words are jumbled because I am not good at explaining things

I hope that helps everyone here loves to help and is firendly but sometimes things are taken the wrong way please do not be discouraged from using HF ^_^
post #49 of 92
honestly R&R does have a ton of quality control issues but I think it has such a large fanbase because they're sexy they fit fabulously on most people, their washes are unique, and the R's come in beautiful colours! I'm an R&R girl through and through!
post #50 of 92
I still dont get the point of the thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: More Womens Jeans
This thread is locked  
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Womens Designer Jeans › More Womens Jeans › Do people on HF actually purchase jeans here?