or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › So I yelled at my boss and this is what happened....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So I yelled at my boss and this is what happened.... - Page 2

post #26 of 53
60 years of experience? who are you yelling at, my grandpa? you're gonna give the poor guy a freakin stroke.

60 years of experience trumps anything. you could walk in there with an mba from stanford and have nothing on the ceo who founded the company and worked there for 30 years. if anything, the only problem with the good ol boys is they arent so up to date with technology and dont understand a lot of the newer technologies that could help streamline what they need to get done. anyway without knowing any of the details there isnt really anything else to say but considering you were about to kill someone for making a similar poll about how many sex partners you had i can only imagine what you'd do if someone put caffeinated coffee in the decaf jar.
post #27 of 53
I'd say since none of us really know you or your boss, the job or the company atmosphere, it's probably not best to ask for advice here.

It's hard to give unjudgemental advice when you have never walked a mile in the other persons shoes.

However one response, Peter's, is pretty on the money. A toxic environment will creates a toxic person in the long run. That's about the only good advice you got here. Good luck.
post #28 of 53
I'm going to go yell at my boss and I'll let you guys know what happens.
post #29 of 53
my wife had a girl working for her that questioned every decision...she was full of it...she thought she was the boss

but to be honest,my wife let her get away with it,as she wasnt a strong leader
post #30 of 53
Hmm, I was just discussing a similar situation with my neighbor. Her friend works for a small company. The friend/employee kept putting in her 2 cents to the owner about how the company should be run, decisionmaking, etc. she is the very outspoken type. This morning she showed up for work and they told her they were going to have to let her go.

Anyway, if you are that unhappy, maybe you should start looking for another job.
post #31 of 53
Thread Starter 
I've decided to apply to a few jobs today. It never hurts to have a back up or options...Its 11:00 and they are avoiding me right now, they know I want to talk to them...

I wasn't trying to put my 2 cents about how the company should be run, I was talking about what I am responsible for, for the last 10 months they have been not letting me do my job, they want to do it for me and its very frustrating!!
post #32 of 53
My boss and I kinda had it out one night after work. We weren't yelling but I made my point about us being short-staffed and him asking too much of us (60+hr weeks and weekends). We were both respectful but I made sure I got my point across why things were not going as well as they could be. I like to think because of that we hired two more people within the next month. Yelling won't get you anywhere as you can already tell.
post #33 of 53
Thread Starter 
Now that I am thinking about it, I don't really know if I was yelling per say...I am loud normally because I am almost deaf, but I was louder that day because I was upset....I wasn't personally offended that is the thing, they WERE, because they take my disagreement as a personal offense to their experience in the industry, when I am only disagreeing because I had Engineering facts to back it up. I'm totally on edge right now waiting to talk to them, they are talking to each other right now. I just don't get this lack of communication with me, I mean if they aren't going to fire me then atleast tell me what the heck is going on....rather than let other people tell me!
post #34 of 53
you have to responsible for your actions...detach yourself from the situation and then ask yourself,what have i done to reach this situation and what can i do to resolve the hostilities...maybe you are playing the victim ,which is clouding your judgement
post #35 of 53
Thread Starter 
Yeah I don't know? If they always planned to have this guy be my bosses back-up then why is it that everytime I have ever asked about what they plan to do when they retire they say they don't have a clue....they have always been decieving about that. Why the big secret about it with me? I wouldn't mind so much if they just told me that way I can accept it rather than have it pushed on me all at once with no clue and all this deception beforehand? I have always understood in business it is "do what you say and say what you do" but they don't do that...

Gosh its almost lunch and they are still talking, I want to talk to them before lunch that way if I need to leave and vent a little I can....
post #36 of 53
keep your head down or it gets cut off is the rule of corporate america.
post #37 of 53
I dont quite understand the reason as to why you're upset?

Yelling at your boss is definitely not something that'll get you ahead...it's unprofessional, disrespectful and Im surprised you werent written up. You may not always agree with how things are done, but you should go about expressing your opinions calmly and professionally. From my understanding, so what the guy is getting someone else to communicate on his behalf? He's probably busy and doesnt mean he's lazy in the least...
post #38 of 53
Thread Starter 
and GUESS WHAT??? They both left without talking to me at all!!! So I get this email from one of them "The decision has been made. We feel this is best. Now it is our jobs to make it work."

I'm like WHAT decision?? I'm so confused now!! I'm just going to ask my co-worker when he gets back since they can't even give me two damn minutes to ask what the heck is going on.....how's that for a boss? Can't even talk to me!! This whole damn time I just want to know if my boss is stepping back and my co-worker is being promoted or I am being demoted....or WHAT?!

I've applied to two other jobs, going to go hunt for some more....

If its just that my co-worker is being promoted and my boss is stepping back I'm fine with it, it would actually be nice for once to have a boss that is here to make decisions instead of no decisions and not ever seeing him....then when I get fed up and make the decision myself when the bosses finally do come back they don't like what I decided so they change it. AHHHH I just need to VENT!!!

Thank you for all your bullshit replies, I love NFJ the most of all you honestf**kers because he can make me laugh when I need it the most I <3 you NFJ HAHAHA
post #39 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar View Post
keep your head down or it gets cut off is the rule of corporate america.
Corporate America? This is in like Podunk, U.S.A.
post #40 of 53
Thread Starter 
So I just asked my co-worker now boss about all this and its just because he is getting promoted because my boss's wife last week had an accident and now he just wants to spend more time at home. GOSH!! Why can't they just tell me this shit instead of not saying anything while I am freaking out thinking its all about ME!!?? Okay the world does NOT revolve around me, I need to say that more often I guess!!! HAHAHAHA
post #41 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite42 View Post
Corporate America? This is in like Podunk, U.S.A.

YES it is and that was exactly my point about corporate america, I was starting to miss it
post #42 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest2634 View Post
Thank you for all your bullshit replies, I love NFJ the most of all you honestf**kers because he can make me laugh when I need it the most I <3 you NFJ HAHAHA
Nothing personal here darlin, Im pretty sure you're joking when you say "honestf*ckers"- but this is probably the last time I'll read any of your "rants" or post any sort of response.

Clearly you dont want people to be honest/open with their responses rather post what you wanna hear...

When you post a rant, you can't expect some wont bring a different perspective to the situation...and when they do it's not exactly nice calling them honestf*ckers...joking or not...
post #43 of 53
^ well said. i think guest2634 just wanted a post in which she can whine. i would suggest she get a blog or buy a diary but i think she's rather give us all a good laugh.
post #44 of 53
I feel a move to "drama" coming on...
post #45 of 53
All I am saying is dont turn around & say people's posts are "bull$hit" responses & we're "honestf*ckers". Whining, ranting, bitching, whatever...why create a thread if you're not expecting some sort of a response.

What should people post then? Most will relate their opinion to a rant...It's nothing personal against you guest. I just didnt think it was a nice thing to say thats all.
post #46 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by azia View Post
^ well said. i think guest2634 just wanted a post in which she can whine. i would suggest she get a blog or buy a diary but i think she's rather give us all a good laugh.
and whats wrong with whining?...she is working mother,who has has pressures alot of students or yonger people dont have...maybe different pressures

it would be nice if you show a bit more compassion

maybe we should whine about more imprtant things...like this jean makes my ass look big,what can i do...please help me blah blah blah
post #47 of 53
Compassion?

YOU ARE FIRED.
post #48 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by mctommy View Post
Compassion?

YOU ARE FIRED.
don't you mean....



post #49 of 53
Thread Starter 
Sorry I just meant it as a total JOKE!! I was in a MUCH better joking mood when I wrote HonestF**kers, and it was more of a joke because NFJ was the only one with the bullshit response to me, not anyone else and yet I did find his post funny. I didn't mean it like I thought everyone else's opinion was BS!! Sorry if any of you took it that way! And I don't think anyone is a honestf**ker except maybe for Peter with all his sex posts hehehe (no offense to you Peter, I just think you are cool and funny hehehe)

And yes I just needed to RANT for a bit, AND there are a few other people in my same profession in this forum and I did want to hear a little from them as well. Plus it is ALWAYS nice to hear from people like NFJ because it lightens my rant too
post #50 of 53

Your ego is way out of proportion. Who do you think you are to tell a superior what to do? You don't have the rec horse power to even think that way.

One of my employees screamed at me due to his failure to report his whereabouts during the day, He appeared violent and out of control, and he is gone.

Who do you think you are?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chat
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › So I yelled at my boss and this is what happened....