or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zathan 72D Wash progress - Page 3

post #51 of 358
It's a bummer that H&M's cuts are so awkward. They have some alright stuff, but they always fit me like "Dad Pants." Or even worse... mom pants.

Now that my 72Ds have been worn several times I've noticed that the creases in the lap are starting to soften and flatten-out. Total bummer. Wish there was a way I could re-crease them.
post #52 of 358
so all you forgot about this topic and here posting pics. Actually its been a month since i recieved my zathan, and i was wearing them to work every single day, havent washed them yet. At first they were tight as hell, but now they are as all my zathans, and you know, i just love them, thanks to everyone who supported me then i was considering in buying them, and jjdenim is superb ! here are some pics!


post #53 of 358
that pair looks awesome on you.. i just got my pair from jjdenim and some of the folds on the lap are starting to flatten or were already flattened during the shipping process. did some of your folds flatten too? any changes in the wash? @_@
post #54 of 358
Thread Starter 
M3 Hero...my folds are flattened out too and after like 20 wears they are basically only minute creases on the the lap...thought I don't mind it because IMO it makes the jean more versatile. I love mine and am trying to wear them for a few weeks straight to see if I can get any more distressing because mine have already started to have some honeycomb action (the rigidity of this denim really helps)...

The reason why "hybridized's" 72D still have the sick creases are because he can probably size down one or two...but hell they look damn good!
post #55 of 358
grondie - cut your hair and stop shaving a line down your chin

I like the fit tho
post #56 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by blm14 View Post
grondie - cut your hair and stop shaving a line down your chin

I like the fit tho
On your advice I went down to the barbers. What do you think of my new look?

post #57 of 358
Thread Starter 
^size down a bit more...
post #58 of 358
post #59 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by blm14 View Post
post #60 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grondie View Post
On your advice I went down to the barbers. What do you think of my new look?

you can only wish to be as cool as balky
post #61 of 358
^^ "OH, GET OUT OF THE CITY!"
post #62 of 358

ok

So how many of you guys out there still interested in this wash? because i have spare pair of these in 29/32 (zathan). I've been rocking my ones every single day to work and havent washed them yet, they are my fav pair this winter.
post #63 of 358
Thread Starter 
^post pics if you can...I have to get a digi cam to post pics of mine, but thus far:

POST 20+ WEARS:

Lap creases: completely diminished to whisker like striations, that though no longer "3-D" show amazing depth but are completely flat...

Honeycombing: I felt that I had far better honeycoming after around 8-10 wears because the resin coating held the honeycombing effect and at that point I was SUPER excited to see what more wears would bring...now the jeans are soft behind the knees and don't hold up the honeycombing when I take them off, so I'm weirded out by the fact that wearing them excessively has actually dumbed down the more pronounced honeycombs I initially had...I guess its like the lap creases...

Pockets: So far I just have minor thinning out of denim where I keep my wallet and hope that in the future I get wallet-wear, though I think this will be an ardous task as the denim is really rigid...

Other wear: I've not yet washed these and a woman managed to drop chicken salad on the front (she didn't apologize and walked away), I dropped some Taco Bell sauce on them, and I seem to have oil stains on the back legs...regardless all these things blend in really well with the dark denim and I guess haha they add to the wash...

Overall: Def one of the better dark washes that has a timeless fade and is extremely versatile...I'm going to sport them for about a week more and post pics thereafter...I really love this wash and I remember hating it at first for not being as crazy / extreme as the 713. The 713 is a COMPLETELY different jean and I guess the only predecessor value it has is the simple wash and creases, but the denim is WAY more durable in the 72D...
post #64 of 358
Thanks for the report Bill! I still love my 72Ds, but I don't wear them out often, for fear of completely flattening-out the lap creases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbonesknows View Post
Other wear: I've not yet washed these and a woman managed to drop chicken salad on the front (she didn't apologize and walked away), I dropped some Taco Bell sauce on them, and I seem to have oil stains on the back legs...regardless all these things blend in really well with the dark denim and I guess haha they add to the wash...
That's funny. I got trashed and dumped salsa on my T08s. They look fine now - almost like rust stains.
post #65 of 358
Thread Starter 
Alright its been over 30 wears on these and a few road trips / MANY exams...the back legs have some type of stain? I have no idea what, but here goes...

The pics have been taken WITH FLASH so imagine the jean to be MUCH darker and deeper, as in the splotches of oil or shit blend in and aren't noticeable...the lap creases are COMPLETELY FLAT! I tried to take a pic of this...










I absolutely love these jeans and they are my sister and gf's favorite Diesels due to their darkness / versatility / simplicity / overall classiness...its safe to say these are my daily pair and the pair I would go out to dinner in...if you don't have a pair I would highly recommend picking one up...
post #66 of 358
*del*
post #67 of 358
the 72d is so nice. i bought a pair but immediately realized i shouldn't alter(reducing the bootcut) the jeans(for sale now: see signature below). wish they'd make 72d in zatiny.
post #68 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbonesknows View Post
Alright its been over 30 wears on these and a few road trips / MANY exams...the back legs have some type of stain? I have no idea what, but here goes...
Thanks for sharing. In summary, would you say that 72D is a "progress" wash, or not? Seems to me that the anser is no, even though they obviously travel well.
post #69 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccchen View Post
Wish they'd make 72d in zatiny.
Watch what you say. 8AT made its way around, so why not 72D.
post #70 of 358
ou great great pics, i love my 72D too, but have to admit they are slighty short for me, im thinking to try wet stretching them, what are your bets on this? do you reckon i would gain any cm ? I still have extra pair of these guys ; )
post #71 of 358
Thread Starter 
Grondie, at this point I would say that the 72D is NOT a progress jean in terms of the hopes I had for it--I thought it would be very 713 esque and perhaps show better wearing and hell even some tearing, but the truth is that the 72D is too damn rigid. Regardless, the jean has def grown on me...my next hope is to get wallet-wear (I see that artificial wings is starting to show some)...but I think it will take me at least 30 more wears, which I'm down to do (and after this many wears I think any jean would show some)...I would also like more pronounced honeycombs, but this jean is an enigma when it comes to that as I said earlier because as it starts to soften the honeycombs start to deteriorate as well...
post #72 of 358
I quite like it, but as the succesor to the 713 wash, it is very much more "low key" and not as in your face look to it

I have seen pairs of 713's with unreal honeycombing and stretch lines, not so much with the 72D
post #73 of 358
STOP ASKING FOR CONTACT INFO FOR A SALE PLEASE

I told you already once in another thread, and this is the second time for this thread
post #74 of 358
I told you already once BECOME A MEMBER IN ORDER TO ACCESS THE MALL, AS YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO POST CONTACT INFORMATION TO MAKE A SALE.

This is your last warning, if it happens again, I will see to it your IP adress is banned from here permanantly
post #75 of 358
CUTUP: I understand where you are coming from, however issuing ultimatums over a 10$ membership fee seems a bit ill tempered. Relax a bit, buddy, maybe I'd be willing to give my credit card to your site if I didn't feel the moderators were rude and irrational. Does it really matter in the scheme of things if ??????? saw my msg, emailed me, and we had a successful transaction? No! Does it affect the site in any negative way? Absolutely not. In fact, the outcome would be positive! I'd probably register and pay the fee! But at this rate..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Diesel Jeans