or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Happy Pride! - Page 2  

post #26 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmRenee View Post
who's that in the picture?
That is Matthew Shepard...a young man who was pistol-whipped and left to die by some men because of his sexual orientation.

post #27 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey60622 View Post
That is Matthew Shepard...a young man who was pistol-whipped and left to die by some men because of his sexual orientation.



A young couple, carjacked tortured mutilated and gang raped because they happened to enter "da hood."
post #28 of 131
The Newsom murders as well as the recent rape near Columbia University (I assume you've been following that as well?) are terrible tragedies that really say something about the state of fascist groupthink(political correctness) and our media.

However, this is not a thread about the media, PC, groupthink, or race relations. It is a thread about gay pride. Please try not to threadcrap.
post #29 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post


A young couple, carjacked tortured mutilated and gang raped because they happened to enter "da hood."
Bad things happen all the time. What's your point? I'm sure they will be remembered, too.

I think the point you're missing here is that the reason gay pride is a "big deal" is because homosexuals are often marginalized as a group and face adversity solely on the basis of being gay. So when posters are made to promote gay pride, they aren't made as a statement about why gays are MORE important, but why they are JUST AS important. White people who invented things just aren't relevant to the topic.
post #30 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post


A young couple, carjacked tortured mutilated and gang raped because they happened to enter "da hood."
^^What does this have to do with the original topic? Just another thread you hijack and try to turn into a race issue. Geez...get a life!
post #31 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post


A young couple, carjacked tortured mutilated and gang raped because they happened to enter "da hood."
I didn't see anyone mocking their death/suggesting that they were burning in hell.

If you find evidence of that anywhere in this thread, please, by all means, point it out.
post #32 of 131
this is exactly why i don't post in hf chat anymore.

i'll go back to waving my crazy colored flag while dancing to techno music.
post #33 of 131
Lets get this onto page three so we don't have to look at the threadcrapper's whining.

post #34 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey60622 View Post
Lets get this onto page three so we don't have to look at the threadcrapper's whining.

^^
post #35 of 131
post #36 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by designerdesire View Post
Bad things happen all the time. What's your point? I'm sure they will be remembered, too.

I think the point you're missing here is that the reason gay pride is a "big deal" is because homosexuals are often marginalized as a group and face adversity solely on the basis of being gay. So when posters are made to promote gay pride, they aren't made as a statement about why gays are MORE important, but why they are JUST AS important. White people who invented things just aren't relevant to the topic.

This is a good response imo. I have been an adult for basically 30 years, and have seen gay rights, etc. change a lot through the hard work and contributions of many of my friends , some living still, some not. I hesitate to say 'gay' friends only because their wish is just to coexist on an 'equal' level.


As for dressing crazy? Good lord man ,have you seen Mardi Gras??
post #37 of 131
in
post #38 of 131
What begret said

I support and celebrate gay pride events because I am happy that, in spite of lingering prejudices, every year there is more support and acceptance of people irregardless of who they love.

I'm happy that there are more parents who are accepting and loving their children, more children who are embracing their family's diversity instead of being ashamed of it, more people who are willing to call out homophobs for the ignorant imbiciles they are.
post #39 of 131
I don't care what sexual orientation someone is but I don't think we need to scream it from the rooftops or celebrate it.

Homosexual = "a family's diversity." Lol.
post #40 of 131
post #41 of 131
Thread Starter 
LOL!!!! LOVES IT CASEY!

post #42 of 131
^^Neat picture



Had to post this cause I lived in Normal when I was getting my undergrad.
post #43 of 131






Dressed in the colors of Mexico for the SF Pride Parade, probably lives in the U.S too.



Nothing shows pride in your sexual orientation more than dressing up like a member of the opposite sex or in a gaudy costume I guess.
post #44 of 131
post #45 of 131
Thread Starter 
Zeit, that's the spirit (no pun intended)!
post #46 of 131
If this is a pissing contest to see who can post the best images I think it's pretty clear that whoever posts a picture of a man in a pink dress wearing a hot dog around is waist is the winner.
post #47 of 131
Thread Starter 
Hey look, it's threadcrapper again!
post #48 of 131
Chicago Pride 2007 (unapologetically stolen from the Trib)







post #49 of 131
Chicago Pride part II....







post #50 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey60622 View Post
Chicago Pride 2007 (unapologetically stolen from the Trib)
That's journalistic integrity for you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chat
This thread is locked