or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Womens Designer Jeans › True Religion Jeans › Question on Outside Tag of True Religion.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Question on Outside Tag of True Religion. - Page 2

post #26 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by paula312
wow that's so weird. you wear like a huge size but you look pretty svelte. nice job." - gospastic

My bad - but what's that all about?
gospastic is another member - he said this about blm after he posted his pics b/c blm is a size 36 but looks smaller. there are several women on here(myself included) who are size 30-32, so nobody is going to make fun of your size.
post #27 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetta_07
Those jeans are defiantely fake- the whiskering looks horrendous. Authenticating clothing is a lot of what we do here, so diva wasn't being nosy, just giving you a FYI that everything else you've gotten from ioffer is fake as well (in case you didnt know.) You can get auth. clothing on ebay and online shops for the same cost (or not much more) than you are paying for fake stuff on ioffer. The quality is a lot better on auth stuff and it will last you much longer.
Thanks, Jetta..
post #28 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by paula312
Wow you should be a Private Investigator for counterfeit items with all that time on your hands, for real!
Like blm said, we're all like private investigators for counterfeits here. That's sort of what we do. If you only knew how much checking up I do on any seller whose items I'm interested in ... it's all there for you on eBay, great search functions, and very easy to research as much as you like. Not to mention a really good idea if you're into designer stuff, since so much of it is really, really fake.
post #29 of 53
Those jeans are fake. The whiskering is so pronounced and the fading on the bum looks bad. Also that horseshoe is shaped wrong.

Well, isn't it kind of hypocritical to say "it's OK for me to own a fake LV, but I'm mad because this seller sold me a fake pair of True Religions"? People on this board aren't just concerned about counterfeit JEANS. We don't like counterfeit ANYTHING in general.

Don't expect a lot of sympathy from anyone if you're going to take that mentality that it's OK to own certain fake things but not others.
post #30 of 53
Thread Starter 
Appreciate all of your help. It amazes me that these jeans look so much like the ones I got at Nordstrom's though. The only difference is that the ones I got on ioffer says #503 instead of Joey on the outside tag. The quality is as nice, the stitching, the hardware, etc...I am surprised! Must be a really good fake then!
post #31 of 53
No, that's not true. They actually DO have "503" on the tag for older versions of those jeans. Only the newer ones say "Joey." I wasn't aware that the 503s were faked, but I guess they have been.

Those are still fake though.
post #32 of 53
Thread Starter 
I wasn't looking for sympathy and my gosh - I feel like I am getting attacked on this board...all I wanted to know is if the jeans were real or fake because I have been burned SEVERAL times buying jeans that were supposedly "authentic", just like these were supposed to be.
post #33 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by paula312
I wasn't looking for sympathy and my gosh - I feel like I am getting attacked on this board...all I wanted to know is if the jeans were real or fake because I have been burned SEVERAL times buying jeans that were supposedly "authentic", just like these were supposed to be.
it was this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by paula312
Well if that rude reply was aimed toward me - thanks a lot. The 32 was for a friend and the 30's ended up being huge on me because someone told me that they ran small. And the whole reason I got on this forum was because I wanted to sell them on eBay but weren't sure if they were authentic.
that is causing the issue. We do not support fakes being sold at all. That's why you are receiving the reception on the board that you are. You wanted to know if they were authentic so that you could sell them. They told you that they are not and as such the people on this board do NOT support them being sold. The people on this board are not going to give a warm reception to someone saying that they may sell fake items.

If your point is that you will NOT sell them if they are fake. Say so and people will get off your back. But if you DO intend to sell them, you are correct, you will find no sympathy here.
post #34 of 53
Let me get this straight. It's okay to buy and carry a $40 fake Louis Vuitton but not a $40 fake True Religion jeans. Well I am having a hard time with this theory....
post #35 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by paula312
Well, nowhere in the auction does it say they are authentic though. BUT I have to say this - I bought an authentic pair in NYC last week but my tag says Joey and that is truly the only difference from them. So I am not sure if I should list them on EBay or not. What's your opinion? Can I say that I do not gaurantee authenticity?
I think she was just asking to make sure...lots of people are newbies at telling the difference between auth & fake. At least shes coming on here to ask our advice before she goes and sells them.
Did you buy your other stuff on ioffer thinking it was real or fake? Even if you bought it knowing it was fake, now you know the benefits to buying auth stuff so hopefully you will stay on the forum so you can make sure to not buy fakes in the future.
I have a pair of Joeys in this wash, and personally i think mine look quite a bit different as far as the whiskering goes. I know it sucks losing $70 on a pair of fakes, but even if you did try to sell them on ebay there is a good chance they would get taken off by VERO.
post #36 of 53
I didn't mean to offend anyone but I have a real problem with people buying/using anything counterfiet items. I belong to a few anti-counterfeit goods forums. Fake designer jeans and bags are just the cheesiest things ever.
post #37 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandiva
I didn't mean to offend anyone but I have a real problem with people buying/using anything counterfiet items. I belong to a few anti-counterfeit goods forums. Fake designer jeans and bags are just the cheesiest things ever.
Yeah, I agree with you. People buy fakes to gain a status symbol, but they aren't impressing anyone who knows anything about the brand. I just hope people who come to this forum will realize how they have been throwing their money away if they buy fakes.
post #38 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandiva
I didn't mean to offend anyone but I have a real problem with people buying/using anything counterfiet items. I belong to a few anti-counterfeit goods forums. Fake designer jeans and bags are just the cheesiest things ever.
I think the real issue with fakes is that they support organized crime and sweatshop labor. Sweatshop labor=tremendous suffering and very poor working conditions for the human beings involved.
post #39 of 53
ioffer.com disguists me. I have seen fake "made-to-order" Louis Vuitton receipt being sold. I don't even want to think how many innocent buyers got scammed thinking their bag is a real deal with these fake receipts.
post #40 of 53
post #41 of 53
Me too...
post #42 of 53
WHOA!!! That is INCREDIBLE!

Check out the, um, English on this page:

http://www.tong-kong.com/fashion/index-fashion.asp

Yup, that stuff is all sure to be authentic.
post #43 of 53
Thread Starter 
I absolutely would NOT try selling them on EBay now that I know they are fake. And yes, as crazy as it may seem to all of you pros out there - I am trying to learn myself about fake items because I honestly don't know the difference when it comes to jeans. My mistake for believing in people when they say something is authentic! Now again, the whole reason why I asked IS BECAUSE I BOUGHT A PAIR AT NORDSTROM LAST WEEK AND THE BACK TAG SAID JOEY AND THE ONES I GOT ON IOFFER SAY 503 SO I WASN'T SURE IF THEY WERE REAL OR NOT EVEN THOUGH I'D BEEN TOLD THEY WERE! I am NEW to TRUE RELIGION AND I LOVEW THEM. I KNOW I bought a fake LV and yes it is junk compared to the real thing, I own a real one and was looking for a cheapie in a different style...and now that EVERYONE I am sure checked out everything I bought on ioffer...I only bought the Prada because i liked the way it looked not for the name at all. So yes, I am guilty of buying a few fakes in the past and I am not looking for sympathy or acceptance or anything else from anyone but an answer to my original question. My lord, all i did was ask a darn question and I got everyone attacking and judging me and looking into my personal business as to what else I bought on ioffer. Sorry I even came hear and asked. At least now I know they are fake.
post #44 of 53
I really don't think anyone was intentionally trying to insult you or anything. Most everyone on here is really nice and just doesn't want people to buy/sell fake stuff. I can understand why you might feel like you were being attacked, but I don't think anyone meant it that way. Most people just have really strong opinions about counterfeit goods, etc.
post #45 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by raychilly
I really don't think anyone was intentionally trying to insult you or anything. Most everyone on here is really nice and just doesn't want people to buy/sell fake stuff. I can understand why you might feel like you were being attacked, but I don't think anyone meant it that way. Most people just have really strong opinions about counterfeit goods, etc.
That's right.
post #46 of 53
Quote:
WHOA!!! That is INCREDIBLE!

Check out the, um, English on this page:

http://www.tong-kong.com/fashion/index-fashion.asp

Yup, that stuff is all sure to be authentic.
I think after looking at that site, I am gonna be SICK TO MY STOMACH!! ARGH! That makes me so mad!!
post #47 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBeckham
Quote:
WHOA!!! That is INCREDIBLE!

Check out the, um, English on this page:

http://www.tong-kong.com/fashion/index-fashion.asp

Yup, that stuff is all sure to be authentic.
I think after looking at that site, I am gonna be SICK TO MY STOMACH!! ARGH! That makes me so mad!!
Yes, now EVERYONE can see all the most widely FAKED styles of 7's, Antik's, Chip & Pepper's, etc. Think of it as a reference guide to fake garbage you don't want. Good for newbies! (hear the withering sarcasm.) But seriously, maybe it would help people who don't realize how much on eBay really is fake, made in Hong Kong...or tong-kong, as per the name of that site.
post #48 of 53
Wow, had no idea receipts were faked too!! How can they post that? I would think that would be illegal in itself! Look at me everyone, I'm a forger!!
post #49 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobicgrl
Wow, had no idea receipts were faked too!! How can they post that? I would think that would be illegal in itself! Look at me everyone, I'm a forger!!
Love your avatar. It's kind of weird and scary. What is that?
post #50 of 53
Haha, thank you! It's just my ghost. Trying to get you guys in the halloween spirit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: True Religion Jeans
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Womens Designer Jeans › True Religion Jeans › Question on Outside Tag of True Religion.