many people have been asking me how the hell i got banned, so i'll tell you how i got banned: remember this thread?
near the bottom of page 1, fosterzmom posts a "private" message of mine:
Oh, and this is not just to hurt?
Originally Posted by not_a_virus.exe
people like you make this world more dishonest. you keep making shit up to attack me, and never once did i make anything up. show some integrity and apologize you cunt.
And what she said? Was that to make nice?
You folks need to get off your high horses!
Oh, and that last statement wasn't just to hurt her; it was the truth. I've been wanting to try diesel forever, but I'm not doing business with her. EVER.
1. i see plenty of "offensive" words tossed around on the forums. what makes "cunt" so unique that it's ban-worthy? in fact, what's the big deal about 4-letter words? they're just WORDS and they're not affecting anyone's lives.
2. if you're gonna be fair and consistent, if i'm banned for calling fosterzmom a "cunt," she surely should have been banned too, precisely because her offense are far farrrr worse. let's compare:
fosterzmom: repeatedly slandering me (some people were unsure of what slander is; slander is making up false accusations to attack someone). even after i asked for evidence of these accusations, she flat out ignored them and continued slandering me. here are a few reoccurring examples in 3 separate threads:
she also and still continues to try to stir up drama in her usual manner of posting passive-aggressive back-handed comments...while trying to play innocent, which may work on some people, but even this complete lie manages to conclude with one of her patented back-handed comments (in this case, an insincere apology):
here's the most recent proof that that is all a lie:
not_a_virus.exe: angrily called fosterzmom a "cunt" after repeatedly asking her both in public and by PM why she keeps slandering me; she replies by ignoring me and continuing her falsified attacks. what really ticked me off though is how she also continues to play innocent while constantly trying to stir up drama (as i described above). angry people vent by calling people "stupid," "idiot," "dickhead," "shitpiston," "asshat," "asshole," or "bag of oats;" in this case, i arbitrarily called her a "cunt."
now, if someone had to be banned, who should it have been? someone who falsifies accusations to attack someone and continues to do so despite the accused denying it all and asking for examples...and then later trying to stir up old drama? or someone who had perfectly good reasons to be upset and arbitrarily calls someone a "cunt" out of anger? this is comparing ACTIONS with a completely whimful WORD.
3. this is a bit of a tangent actually, but for those who don't know already, none of our "private" messages are really private. they can be viewed by at least some of the mods and admins. i also suspect that dave's cherry-picking was influenced by the fantastic, dramatic PMs of mine he read. it's kinda funny because one day i had accidentally deleted all my PMs and then promptly asked dave and a few other admins and mods if it was possible to recover them. ironically, that may have caused dave to scrutinize my juicy PMs more closely. i've said good and bad thing about dave, but even though i knew he could be reading my PMs, i wasn't a coward to voice my criticisms (and praise). unfortunately, the careless snoop (and i say "snoop" because i've been PMed other times questioning a PM i've sent prior to all this, leading me to think my PMs are routinely read by others other than the recipient) might choose his/her own interpretation, when in reality, credibility is built upon honesty, rather than by kissing ass.
4. MARIO FISCHETTI WOOHOO YAY WOOT WOOT GO MARIO FISCHETTI GO! :cheer :
CONCLUSION: dave can take away my honest forum membership, but he can never take away my love. even if dave tends to ban people for the strangest, random reasons (casey60622's ban comes to mind lol).
also, here is a picture of a bear thrown for good measure:
- ^ Top 100 American Speeches by Rank Order. American Rhetoric (2006). Retrieved on 2006-12-23.
- ^ Martin Luther King: Beyond Vietnam—A Time to Break Silence. Speech. American Rhetoric (2006). Retrieved on 2006-12-23.
- ^ Template:Cite web. Martin Luther King was inspired by Gandhi.
- ^ The King Center: Biography. The King Center (2006). Retrieved on 2006-12-23.
- ^ Scott-King, Correta, My life with Martin Luther King Jr. (New York, 1969) p.124–5
- ^ Haley, Alex. "Martin Luther King", The Playboy Interview, Playboy, January 1965. Retrieved on 2006-09-17.
- ^ Ross, Samuel (2006). March on Washington. Features. Infoplease. Retrieved on 2006-09-17.
- ^ a b Haley, Alex. "Martin Luther King", The Playboy Interview, Playboy, January 1965. Retrieved on 2006-09-17.
- ^ King (2000). Why We Can't Wait. Signet Classics. ISBN 0-451-52753-4.
- ^ King, Martin Luther (April 4 1967). Beyond Vietnam: A Time to Break Silence. Speech. Hartford Web Publishing. Retrieved on 2006-09-17.
- ^ Michael Lind, Vietnam: The Necessary War, 1999 p. 182.
- ^ Guenter Lewey, America in Vietnam, 1978 pp. 444–5.
- ^ Coretta Scott King (ed.). Martin Luther King, Jr., Companion, p. 39. New York: St. Martin's Press, 1999.
- ^ Patterson, James T.. "An epic comes to a close", Chicago Sun-Times, January 29, 2006, pp. B12. Retrieved on 2006-12-23.