or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Womens Designer Jeans › Ladies Lounge › Boring PMS/Period Question....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Boring PMS/Period Question....

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
Hopefully this scacred off all the guys! Anyway, has anyone on here tried the keeper/DivaCup/Mooncup? I've heard people rave about it, and some who hated it! Just wanted to see if anyone has/had used this.
post #2 of 29
is this like Instead?
post #3 of 29
^^or like a femal condom?
post #4 of 29
I haven't tried any but a friend of mine swears by her Diva Cup. My sister tried to Keeper but didn't really like it for some reason. I'll have to talk to her some more about it, since I'm thinking about buying one. It's funny that you should ask, I was just reading up on it and came across a few links comparing the different menstrual cups. I'm leaning towards the Diva Cup after reading everything.

Links:
keeper vs. diva cup - MotheringDotCommune Forums
menstrual_cups: The Keeper vs. DivaCup
post #5 of 29
weird, I've never heard of those before I clicked on this thread
post #6 of 29
I have a keeper. It's nothing like instead or a female condom!

I live in a house of 5 girls, and all of us use it. I've had mine for 4 years so that's a lot of money I've saved and honestly it is a better product.

It comes with a 3 month guarantee so you may as well try it because you can just return it if you hate it. Use pantyliners for the first month until you get the hang of it though.

It is awesome because you do not have to worry about dealing with tampons at work or school though. You can easily go the whole day without emptying it.
post #7 of 29
whoa I'd never heard of that until just now either!
post #8 of 29
I tried the instead cup and I didn't like it at all. I couldn't adjust it properly.
post #9 of 29
Have I been living under a rock?? I never knew either... wow.
post #10 of 29
Thread Starter 
It's realativly unknown, don't worry about it guys! I've been reading some reviews and am thinking that I should take the plunge! Ah! Maybe I'll write y'all a review or something.

^ BabyJae, did you try another brand? Different materials effect the way that the seal closes, supposedly...
post #11 of 29
I never knew about it either. I read through all those links you posted, it was interesting, but theres some things about them i kinda dont understand. (Maybe I havent done enough research)

What is the reasoning behind it? It seems like some of the reviewers are doing it to create less waste for the planet???? Not to deal with tampons??? and really the one question Im dying to know..... (this may be a little gross.)
-When the cup fills up inside, and then you squeeze the bottom and pull it out, doesnt the "contents" of the cup spill back out?

Im intrigued though... let us know more if you get it.
post #12 of 29
Thread Starter 
^ from my understanding, here are my awnsers.

- The reasoning behind it is because it is not made with any type of fiber, it cannot cause TSS. So, you can leave it in longer without any health risks. It also won't leak because it holds 3 oz (I think), and relativly speaking you won't fill it up (assuming you empty it eventually). Also, tampons are "bad" for you because they can cause TSS, stray fibers can be aggrivating, and they are bleached cotton (which may leave some trace amounts of chemicals). It also is much cheaper than buying tampons (10 years worth of tampons vs. one keeper), and it more eco-friendly (there are some nasty statistics to how many tampons/pads people throw away)

- I think the keeper holds about 3 oz (which is supposed to be a third of the amount of blood you use during your entire period) so every time you empty it it's not going to be full. I think you remove by using the stem and holding the base for support. If you're new,it might be tricky/messy, but I think you get better at that with experience.


I think I'm going to buy one and test it out, I'll let y'all know how it goes!
post #13 of 29
wait a minute, so this huge funnel shaped thing goes inside the VAGINA???? ahhh!
post #14 of 29
^^lol u crazy girl..

thanks for posting this callire! i heard about this a while back and was kind of interested, but totally forgot about it. please please do post a review if you choose to buy one!

also wanted to add: what is the diameter of one of these things?
post #15 of 29
dude these are like beer bongs!
post #16 of 29
nevermind the guys, you just scared me outta this thread! haha
post #17 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivkah View Post
I have a keeper. It's nothing like instead or a female condom!

I live in a house of 5 girls, and all of us use it. I've had mine for 4 years so that's a lot of money I've saved and honestly it is a better product.

It comes with a 3 month guarantee so you may as well try it because you can just return it if you hate it. Use pantyliners for the first month until you get the hang of it though.

It is awesome because you do not have to worry about dealing with tampons at work or school though. You can easily go the whole day without emptying it.
Serious? I have never heard anything like existed? Wow...
post #18 of 29
I found another good site: Cloth Menstrual Pads (despite the website's name this page is actually about menstrual cups)

The cups are folded up like a C when they're inserted, but it still seems a bit uncomfortable to me. Still, I'm willing to try it once I have a bit more cash flow.
post #19 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSPOOKIE View Post
Serious? I have never heard anything like existed? Wow...
That's because you only buy one every 10 years so there isn't a market for it to advertise or sell in drug stores.

I got mine at my school's sexual health centre, but you can order them online or sometimes yoga/natural food places have them.
post #20 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywahine View Post
dude these are like beer bongs!
hahahaha
post #21 of 29
hahaaaaa i couldn't stop laughing at the beer bong!

anyway... that's what those things are! i swear when i was younger i saw an infomercial on it and never knew what it was. so... it it unhealthy? cause if your body is getting rid of waste and that's up there collecting the waste but it's still inserted? i'm still puzzled... sorry if i just made no sense there at all. i'm still thinking beer bong! hahaaaa
post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivkah View Post
That's because you only buy one every 10 years so there isn't a market for it to advertise or sell in drug stores.

I got mine at my school's sexual health centre, but you can order them online or sometimes yoga/natural food places have them.
Oh, wow, I seriously have never heard of such a thing? Thats nuts! And you swear by it? I may have to look into it a bit more...
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by oohsoojuju View Post
hahaaaaa i couldn't stop laughing at the beer bong!

anyway... that's what those things are! i swear when i was younger i saw an infomercial on it and never knew what it was. so... it it unhealthy? cause if your body is getting rid of waste and that's up there collecting the waste but it's still inserted? i'm still puzzled... sorry if i just made no sense there at all. i'm still thinking beer bong! hahaaaa
It's actually healthier than tampons. Tampons can shed little cotton fibers, which can stay in your vagina and breed bacteria. The keeper/diva cup is non-absorbant, so there's no risk of that. In terms of the fluid staying in your body for a while, it's not any different than tampons. I mean, you still empty it. I find it's mostly health nuts who use it because they are environmentalists or don't want bleached cotton shoved up there!

MissPookie, I really do swear by it and so does everyone who's tried it on my recommendation (and that's over 5 people). I really do highly recommend it. I left it in my other house once and messed up my pills and had to use tampons... it was awful. I would not want to go back.

One thing is they say to leave the little rod thingy at the bottom for removal but you really don't have to. I cut mine off entirely and that is totally fine.
post #24 of 29
^ good points

i heard of this way back when. i think i'm going to look into it

anyone really athletic/active know how well it works for them?
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka2010 View Post
anyone really athletic/active know how well it works for them?
You don't hang around this forum much do you? (I exercise 6 days a week, including yoga, weight lifting, cardio, biking, and I used to run before I became a semi-gimp.)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ladies Lounge
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Womens Designer Jeans › Ladies Lounge › Boring PMS/Period Question....