or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › Okay my Asian friends - I've found to cure to end the GLOW
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Okay my Asian friends - I've found to cure to end the GLOW - Page 2

post #26 of 46
Thread Starter 
i'll do a photo by photo demo next time and i THINK it's pepto bismol ... coz the package says pb. i've also heard it's pepic ac ... which would then make it kind of funny that i've been taking the wrong damn drug.

and nthach - i can safely say that the cognac you mentioned perhaps run in the blood of koreans. i say this with love and experience, of course.
post #27 of 46
my dad and his friends are obsessed with johnnie walker. they gift it to each other for xmas/occasions
koreans can be weird sometimes...
i glow and while I guess it can be embarrassing, I like having a built-in visual warning system. first it starts in my eyelids, then gradually spreads across my face, down my neck to the top of my chest. all my friends are white and they think it's hilarious
post #28 of 46
This is funny. Am I the only one who turn pale when drunk??? I heard it's really bad. But I'm "petite" Asian & I tend to have pretty high tolerance in alcohol & not to mention extremely fast matabolism. Maybe it's something I built over years, or maybe just a genetic disorder... I went to the doctor couple days ago & he told me that I have a "Compulsive Overeating Disorder" (I eat 4~5 times regular portion + more frequently) & hardly digest things I eat + same thing happens w/ alcohol (1 bottle of Jose Cuervo/hr & still functioning while liver's dying out).

I thought having high tolerance in alcohol & eating alot was cool as a teenager (I was spoiled), but now I'm feeling like I'm paying for those prices. I've been losing weight lately although I was trying to gain weight (my job required high physical capability) & throwing up frequently.

Any suggestions?

I know this is lil off the subject, but I'm just curious as I donno anyone around me who has similar disorder as I do.
post #29 of 46
I'm one of the few Asians that doesn't turn into a Rudolph's nose.
post #30 of 46
post #31 of 46
Works absolute wonders for me, in usually piss red after a mickey of any alcohol like 18%+ but after taking 1 Pepcid AC tablet i'm fine. It really works, not on ALL asians but most.
post #32 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsue24 View Post
I'm one of the few Asians that doesn't turn into a Rudolph's nose.
You're lucky, you've got the enzyme ALDH2.
post #33 of 46
Oooh I just read this post. My face flushes and my chest turns a beautiful splotchy red. SOoooo embarrassing I am not asian but I am going to try it out this Friday night.
post #34 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmelon View Post
i'll do a photo by photo demo next time and i THINK it's pepto bismol ... coz the package says pb. i've also heard it's pepic ac ... which would then make it kind of funny that i've been taking the wrong damn drug.

and nthach - i can safely say that the cognac you mentioned perhaps run in the blood of koreans. i say this with love and experience, of course.
Cambodians and Vietnamese drink the stuff like a 747 guzzles through jet fuel. My mom takes shots of Remy XO on a nightly basis!
post #35 of 46
So I've been doing this for awhile, either TUMS or Rolaids before or after I drink. I do it because I feel it neutralizes the acids in my stomach so I don't throw up or get sick as often. I really enjoy drinking but I tend to get sick before I get drunk. I also rarely get red, with or without the Pepcid stuff.

Anyways, last Saturday I took my dad's prescription strength Famotidone (sp) of 20mg and it had a really peculiar side-effect. Basically I downed some Sake, 2 mixed drinks, 3 beers, 1 martini, and 2 shots within 2 hours and I was only slightly tipsy. Normally, that combination in such a short period of time would make me completely wasted since I'm only about 97 lbs.

So, what I'm saying is that if you plan on getting trashed, skip the Pepcid or take a smaller amount.
post #36 of 46
^^wow, impressive
post #37 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueness View Post
^^wow, impressive
I also had this ginormously huge dinner which probably helped in absorbing the alcohol. But still..
post #38 of 46
I've taken Pepcid AC before I drink and I still get the flush but it isn't as bad.
post #39 of 46
yuuup, all my asian friends take pepcid...definitely helps them out!
post #40 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
This is funny. Am I the only one who turn pale when drunk??? I heard it's really bad. But I'm "petite" Asian & I tend to have pretty high tolerance in alcohol & not to mention extremely fast matabolism. Maybe it's something I built over years, or maybe just a genetic disorder... I went to the doctor couple days ago & he told me that I have a "Compulsive Overeating Disorder" (I eat 4~5 times regular portion + more frequently) & hardly digest things I eat + same thing happens w/ alcohol (1 bottle of Jose Cuervo/hr & still functioning while liver's dying out).

I thought having high tolerance in alcohol & eating alot was cool as a teenager (I was spoiled), but now I'm feeling like I'm paying for those prices. I've been losing weight lately although I was trying to gain weight (my job required high physical capability) & throwing up frequently.

Any suggestions?

I know this is lil off the subject, but I'm just curious as I donno anyone around me who has similar disorder as I do.
Sorry if this is a little late..

Anyway, have you talked to your doctor about your digestive issues? There could be an underlying medical condition (unnaturally fast metabolisim, being unable to digest 80% of calories) that has caused you to over compensate by becoming COD. How much exercise do you get per day (you're a dancer, right)?
post #41 of 46

Never really tried that, but if you all are saying it might work then I guess i'll have to try it out :)

 

It is pretty hard to deal with that if you don't know how to control it, at least that's how it was for me

 

 

 
 
____________________________________
The breakthrough Asian flush cure is finally here! No more red face, no more itching, no more headaches, no more nausea.
post #42 of 46

ummm nice necrospam, loser.

 

I'm white, but I get something similar to the "Asian flush" on my face when I have too much dairy. I'm missing the milk protein digestion enzyme, just like many of my piano major friends are missing the alcohol enzyme, I guess!

post #43 of 46

I have never heard of (or seen) the "Asian Flush"....interesting.

post #44 of 46

I'm going to give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

post #45 of 46

This is a yahoo page

post #46 of 46

i usually eat something then take 1/2 pepto,but within 20 mins i throw up alittle bit....i dont get any redness because of the pepto, but i throw up like crazy after 2 beer..any advice ?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chat
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › Okay my Asian friends - I've found to cure to end the GLOW