or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Womens Designer Jeans › Ladies Lounge › Breast implants - want them but hesitant?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Breast implants - want them but hesitant? - Page 2

post #26 of 54
I am about the same size as you and I like the size of my boobs - it does not hurt me when I am running and I can buy cute shirts w/out too much spilling out. I'm all for personal choice, but I don't see why everyone feels they need to be a C cup to be beautiful. I have seen pics of women who are small AA cup and its literally mosquito bites - I can see why they would want implants, but I don't see why B cup is anything to be ashamed about.
Most of my friends who have large breasts complain about them all the time and want reduction surgery, so the grass is not always greener on the other side.
post #27 of 54
Hopefully my experience/views will help you in some way or another...

IMO, deciding that you want to enhance what nature gave you is neither trivial nor vain, especially if you are changing something that has made you self-conscious or led to feelings of frustration or unhappiness. This I feel passionately about. As some others have already mentioned, ultimately you need to do this for YOU. We live in a time where medical science gives us the ability to improve ourselves. Having that ability doesn't obligate us to use it. But having the option certainly gives us more power and control over issues of our own self-esteem. Self-esteem was my reason.

It's important to realize that it’s unrealistic to make decisions about implants based on magazine photos or computer-generated images. It’s safe to say today's philosophy regarding the decision to undergo breast augmentation surgery should be reached by you and your plastic surgeon based on your own personal needs, desires, and informed expectations. Take your time. Learn the facts about breast enlargement. And then do what’s best for you.

Let's just say the guy upstairs wasn't all that generous when it came to my chest...I got breast aug about 1 1/2yrs ago and let me tell you, I luv the girls now! (34A to 36C).

The procedure is UBER painful, atleast for the first 5 days post. Then, it starts to get easier...you dont realize how much you use your muscles in and around that area (to do even the simplest things) until you get implants! I couldn't sit up, lie down on my own...it was terrible. Being a side sleeper & lying on my back without choice was BRUTAL. Many a sleepless nights & the pain never failed to keep me up.

Decide what type of implant you wanna get...SILICONE/SALINE, I got silicone. (In a nut shell, Silicone feels more real, looks more real, Saline looks more artificial, feels more firm to the touch, HOWEVER: everyone's body shape is different, ask your DOC what he/she thinks is best suited for your body frame/type etc...implant size, shape, and surface.) My doc suggested going with silicone as I have a very tiny framed upper body, in turn Sili's suited my body better. Also think where you want to get the implants put in. Nipple, under arm pit or incision under each breast. The nipple wont show any scarring really, the underarm you would have scars fairly visible, and under the breast you would only see really if you lifted your breast as they naturally cover the scar. (I got it under the breast and the scars are hardly visible and hide under my boobies.)

Sit down & create a list of any questions you have so when you meet up with the DOC, you're ready to go and you dont forget anything! Make sure you do your research on the Surgeon. Im not sure about the US (I think it's American Society of Plastic Surgeons) but in Canada we are advised to check for a 'membership' to "The Certified Board of Plastic Surgeons" (If I remember the name correctly!) lol They typically have a certificate displayed in the office somewhere, if not ask, you have a right to know. Remember, the quality of a breast implant that goes into your body is as important as the skill of the surgeon who puts it there.

Keep in mind also, your decision in proceeding with implants is a life long commitment, and surely your doctor will remind you...as he did me. Every 10 years or so they do need lifting. Yep, it's everything all over again! In my case, I LOVE the size they are now, but I will be getting them enlarged a little more by the time I'm 30-35 or so.

I must say getting them done was the best thing for me, but definitely think it out 100% before doing anything and dont rush. There are so many things to think and decide on. It will change your life for the better and will need to be maintained so make sure you are ready to make that commitment.

Best of luck to you, and if I failed to mention anything, please feel free to PM me any questions!

Sandra.
post #28 of 54
I have NO PROBLEM with someone getting implants what I am sad about is that having bigger breasts is considered an improvement on what you already have. The need to alter our bodies physically to feel good about ourselves. This is just my commentary on society as a whole. I also believe people can do what they want and should not be judged.
Boobs, or no Boobs? It's your choice.
post #29 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimichauchau View Post
and another thingg.. HONESTLY, sometimes i wish my boobs were smaller because im in between B cup and C cup, and AT TIMES, i dont like it. especially when i want to wear like hollister or abercrombie tops, or any tank top, your boobs is just like THERE. and i feel uncomtable and slutty when i wear something and they just pop out. and my mom always complaining that i should cover up and it looks too revealing. and ive seen some girls that have smaller boobs are it look just normal when they wear tops like that..
i know just how you feel, mom and all! there are so many things i'd love to wear but might just come off a bit revealing or slightly vulgar. i can't stand it
post #30 of 54
Hey Misspookie, great post! Thanks for taking the time to sit down and get it all out there. I'm going through the process right now and I think you've covered just about everything. Great things to think about on both sides, too.
Big love,
Jenn
post #31 of 54
I'd say go for it. It seems like you've really given it some thought and if it'll help build some confidence and make you happy it should be all worth it. I highly doubt your boyfriend will be mad at you if you decide to get it done, just convince him that it's the 21st century and such procedures are safe and that it will really make you happy. It's all about you, right?

I wouldn't go too big though, you say you're a 36A, don't go any bigger than a 36C! I have a really good friend who was a 34A and she's now a big 34C/small 34D and EVERYONE obviously noticed the huge change. Don't go for a big size, just something that will fill out your shirts a little better and make you feel a little more feminin. I'd say a full 36B would be perfect.

I also have an issue with my boobs, but not the same one...i'm 18 and a 34DD and oh dear can they be heavy. I have to wear two sports bras when i go jogging, it's brutal. I've been debating getting a reduction (my mother had DDD's growing up, that's kinda why my father married her, hah) to maybe a large 34C/small 34D...but i still have some time to think about it. Again, my boyfriend would kill me!
post #32 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyGoat View Post
Hey Misspookie, great post! Thanks for taking the time to sit down and get it all out there. I'm going through the process right now and I think you've covered just about everything. Great things to think about on both sides, too.
Big love,
Jenn
No Problem Jen! Glad I could be of some help! Let me know if you have any questions.
post #33 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by dani View Post

I also have an issue with my boobs, but not the same one...i'm 18 and a 34DD and oh dear can they be heavy. I have to wear two sports bras when i go jogging, it's brutal. I've been debating getting a reduction (my mother had DDD's growing up, that's kinda why my father married her, hah) to maybe a large 34C/small 34D...but i still have some time to think about it. Again, my boyfriend would kill me!
Why would your bf kill you? He needs to realize it might be the best thing for you even if he likes your large breasts. I know it can be a benefit to women who experience back pain.

I've seen before/after pics of implants done under the nipple and still saw a visible scar after 6 months...is this the way it always is? I would be way more self conscious about the scar than I would be having small boobs.
post #34 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetta_07 View Post
Why would your bf kill you? He needs to realize it might be the best thing for you even if he likes your large breasts. I know it can be a benefit to women who experience back pain.

I've seen before/after pics of implants done under the nipple and still saw a visible scar after 6 months...is this the way it always is? I would be way more self conscious about the scar than I would be having small boobs.
My friend's boyfriend threatened to break up with her if she got a reduction. In the end, they broke up. Not over the breasts, but over the fact that he was selfish in other ways, and him thinking that she should make her body choices about him was just one reflection of that.

After 6 months, yeah you'll definitely still have a scar. I can ask my housemate how noticeable the scar is now (it's been 2 years) if you want.
post #35 of 54
My husband's a leg/butt man. I personally don't think he even looks at my boobs .
post #36 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetta_07 View Post
I've seen before/after pics of implants done under the nipple and still saw a visible scar after 6 months...is this the way it always is? I would be way more self conscious about the scar than I would be having small boobs.
i haven't had a boob job (i had to have something taken out)...but i have a scar around my nip. the doctor said it would fade away within one year and to make sure to stay out of the sun. and it did fade pretty nicely. i'd have to point it out for people to notice it now(it's been a couple yrs). but don't worry, i don't really go around pointing it out to people :OP
post #37 of 54
Personally I'm against it. Unless it's something like an A/AA which, I know could cause a lot of stress for a woman. A lot of times, though, I see women with a full A or B doing it for a D-DDD. I don't believe many women "do it for themselves." If society didn't have such a breast fetish, nobody would take a knife to their chest to be seen as visually acceptable to others. Women do it because they have issues with what they look like.. but I know sometimes that can be justified, because society does put a lot of pressure on women based on their looks a lot of the time. Just seriously think about the money you would spend on that, which you could spend developing other and more beneficial aspects of your personality or mind. Women who succumb to believing they are what they look like, never end up happy. Not to offend any other women who have done this, since I don't know every situation... but you are more than tits and ass, remember that.
post #38 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxba View Post
Personally I'm against it. Unless it's something like an A/AA which, I know could cause a lot of stress for a woman. A lot of times, though, I see women with a full A or B doing it for a D-DDD. I don't believe many women "do it for themselves." If society didn't have such a breast fetish, nobody would take a knife to their chest to be seen as visually acceptable to others. Women do it because they have issues with what they look like.. but I know sometimes that can be justified, because society does put a lot of pressure on women based on their looks a lot of the time. Just seriously think about the money you would spend on that, which you could spend developing other and more beneficial aspects of your personality or mind. Women who succumb to believing they are what they look like, never end up happy. Not to offend any other women who have done this, since I don't know every situation... but you are more than tits and ass, remember that.

Totally agree, if you are "really doing it for yourself" then you wouldn't be doing it at all. Why would anyone risk their life, spend money, and go through all the pain if they are REALLY doing it for themselves? I hate how plastic surgeons and the media (i.e. Dr. 90210, Niptuck) makes these surgical procedures look so easy and risk-free. Almost de-sensitizing the population. It is still SURGERY and you will have anesthesia which is already dangerous as it is. Not to mention risk of operating room fires...patients being a human combustion and just bursting into flames. We just had a long course about OR fires in the hospital I work at as a nurse. Please think long and hard. I'm sure there are more happy endings than horrible outcomes, but you wouldn't want to be part of the statistics in the hospital "things we could have prevented"
post #39 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka2010 View Post
i haven't had a boob job (i had to have something taken out)...but i have a scar around my nip. the doctor said it would fade away within one year and to make sure to stay out of the sun. and it did fade pretty nicely. i'd have to point it out for people to notice it now(it's been a couple yrs). but don't worry, i don't really go around pointing it out to people :OP
Same here, I had something taken out twice and have two scars. One is definitely more noticeable than the other. It's been over six years and you can still see both; they've faded but you can still see them.
post #40 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailornep5 View Post
Same here, I had something taken out twice and have two scars. One is definitely more noticeable than the other. It's been over six years and you can still see both; they've faded but you can still see them.
i don't know if it is the same for you, but after going through that experience i became a lot more appreciative of what i do have. and that is my health. i would never risk that by getting a cosmetic procedure.
post #41 of 54
Well, it's funny because the first time I asked the doctor if I would get a discount if I got implants done at the same time (since he was already cutting me to take out cysts). He said no, and that I should be careful anyway putting something in because it would be harder for me to detect if they came back. About three years later I had cysts develop again and had to take them out. By the second time I had already decided that I liked my body the way it was, flatty chest and all. I do appreciate the fact that breast self exams can be done in thirty seconds flat because there's not much to check.
post #42 of 54
A discount! think about it, that's pretty funny!!!
post #43 of 54
I have never thought about getting them b/c I know people who have. They told me that when you 1st have them done, you can't do a lot. my friend's ex got them and she couldn't even wipe herself ( sorry for the visual). Another girl told me that you have to get them redone every 15 yrs. You also have the risk of them rupturing of moving. My friend's shifted into her armpit. I would def think it over before you get it done.
post #44 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by begret View Post
A discount! think about it, that's pretty funny!!!
LOL, my doctor thought it was pretty funny too!
post #45 of 54
Hey why not ask for a discount...???
Buy one get 1 free...atleast buy one get 1 1/2 off! hahaha
Come on now, worth a shot right?
post #46 of 54
I am strongly considering getting them too. I used to be a 36b but since I dropped 32 pounds, I am now a 34a. I would do it entirely for me. It is something I have thought about for a long time. I like the way they look when they are fake. I know that sounds funny. If I had large boobs growing up and they sagged throughout time, I would also consider augmentation to make them smaller and perkier. But since I have had small boobs growing up, now I want them larger and perkier. So, either way, I think I would have them done. I am 4'10 1/2" and weigh 106 pounds. I can't go too big!!
post #47 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSPOOKIE View Post
Hey why not ask for a discount...???
Buy one get 1 free...atleast buy one get 1 1/2 off! hahaha
Come on now, worth a shot right?
anyone have a coupon code?? lol.
post #48 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymangel812 View Post
anyone have a coupon code?? lol.
Yeah, and when does it expire?
post #49 of 54
I say if you want them done then do it, it is your body, your choice. Who cares what anyone else thinks, just make sure you find a reputable doctor. There are always going to be people for and against the subject of breast implants.
post #50 of 54
I think it has to do with why you want it you know?

You want it for more confidence so I think it is fine. I think people's negative views come from a little bit of jealousy because you will get the body/look you desire and because they immediately think of Pam Anderson's boobs or other over-the-top implants.

But PM me with any questions you have, my friend had implants done a few years back and I can try and get some answers for you =) I know she said she was in a lot of discomfort for the first couple of weeks and felt like she couldn't breathe because she was not used to the additional weight. She spent a lot of time lying down (nothing dirty) until she adjusted.

Also, what I noticed is whenever someone gets their breasts enhanced, they come out with bigger boobs than they intended. Like my friend used to be an A/B and wanted about a small C. She is now a D. So when they ask, I would ask for 50CC less than what they suggest. I have seen this happen a lot on Dr. 90210 too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ladies Lounge
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Womens Designer Jeans › Ladies Lounge › Breast implants - want them but hesitant?