or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Womens Designer Jeans › Ladies Lounge › Clinique Black Honey anyone.....?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Clinique Black Honey anyone.....? - Page 3

post #51 of 95
post pics!
post #52 of 95
Thread Starter 
K, will do.
post #53 of 95
holy crap laurie! I am jealous of your lips! great photos!
post #54 of 95
Thread Starter 
I am very sad to say that ClLinique black honey looked like crap on me. It was so red, blech! I am really disappointed. Any other suggestions???
post #55 of 95
no no no!!
post #56 of 95
Thread Starter 
Well, I will be posting pic of the black honey on me after all. I forgot I sniped an auction and I won yesterday, just as I was passing on the liner at the Clinique counter. UGH! I just paid retail for a lipstick I don't like. So maybe you will see, after all, what it looks like on me.
post #57 of 95
umm, I would suggest the LM glosssticks, I would try other colors, but they seem to have that same texture/sheerness.
post #58 of 95
also wanted to let any of you know on my favorite secret.. pooh you said your favorite lipstick always gets discontinued.. well you can go to three custom color and mail in a dime size amount and they will replicate your favorite shade for you... I have two chanel shades that have been gone for ever and when I ran out of all my stock tubes I had them remake it for me and then they keep the formualtion on file so after that you can just order( and if someone has already sent in your favorite shade you can just order and don't have to send it it.. just email them they will check their database)

as for black honey it looks dark in the tube but goes on super sheer and is a natural lip stain color for everybody
post #59 of 95
JD - which Chanel shades did you have them replicate? was the texture and everything a match?
post #60 of 95
yeah it pretty much was.. the first one was beige whisper and the second one was bisque i think.... I wear nude color on my lips b/c I usually do a heavy eye and play up that feature...

they have a sheet you print out when you send in your order and you can pick how you would like to tweak it.. they will even match a fabric swatch if you like
post #61 of 95
wow, you know I was just thinking about Beige Whisper, I had one years ago, it was a good nude lipstick. Now I really like Stila's Nude, go figure...

I had a friend who had her bridesmaids dresses color matched to a Mary Kay Lipstick, it was a really georgeous fuschia pink.
post #62 of 95
OH MY GOD. LOVE THIS THREAD! Why haven't I spent WAY more time down here??!?!?


ES AND Laurenlove, Fabulous lips! Want to kiss em.

I NEED color opinions. I have a big mouth. With super big teeth and a ginormous smile. I LOVE color, but I realize that often it's too much color for my face. I will post pics - here? or in a separate thread? BUT only if ya'll don't give me the mice nice bullshit. Come on, you should all know by know that I'm a lay it all out there girl. You don't have to be mean, but be honest.... please
so would anyone else post in a "Is this my shade" thread?

J
post #63 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyGoat View Post
OH MY GOD. LOVE THIS THREAD! Why haven't I spent WAY more time down here??!?!?


ES AND Laurenlove, Fabulous lips! Want to kiss em.

I NEED color opinions. I have a big mouth. With super big teeth and a ginormous smile. I LOVE color, but I realize that often it's too much color for my face. I will post pics - here? or in a separate thread? BUT only if ya'll don't give me the mice nice bullshit. Come on, you should all know by know that I'm a lay it all out there girl. You don't have to be mean, but be honest.... please
so would anyone else post in a "Is this my shade" thread?

J
To be honest, I thought this was about a goth shade And Billygoat, last time you saw teeth like mine was in the winner's circle at the Kentucky Derby!
post #64 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by begret View Post
To be honest, I thought this was about a goth shade And Billygoat, last time you saw teeth like mine was in the winner's circle at the Kentucky Derby!
Sweetheart, I PROMISE I'll give you a run for your money!!!!!
post #65 of 95
Let me look around some.
post #66 of 95


Those are some BIG ass choppers. And I'm NOT talking about the bikes
post #67 of 95
PAH LEEEZZEEE

post #68 of 95
You can gracefully bow out now Jen... I win.
post #69 of 95
WOW! I concede! But I do have better teeth pics somewhere? I can't find em

I must add, I have no closeups, as I run away. You obviously do not! You ham!
post #70 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBellefromSC View Post
also wanted to let any of you know on my favorite secret.. pooh you said your favorite lipstick always gets discontinued.. well you can go to three custom color and mail in a dime size amount and they will replicate your favorite shade for you... I have two chanel shades that have been gone for ever and when I ran out of all my stock tubes I had them remake it for me and then they keep the formualtion on file so after that you can just order( and if someone has already sent in your favorite shade you can just order and don't have to send it it.. just email them they will check their database)

as for black honey it looks dark in the tube but goes on super sheer and is a natural lip stain color for everybody
OMG!! thank you. I knew about this company, I saw it on TV a few years ago, whilst I still had 2 extra tubes of Perfect Midnight and then I completely forgot about them!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! Is dime sized amount a liberal assesment? I can scrape the bottom of my last tube but will it be enough? LOL

Jenn, I don't know why people don't spend more time in this section. I love this section, it is so straightforward and simple. Not a lot of debate goes on here. BTW You have an incredible smile, big and welcoming. I LOVE that. It's one of my most favorite features about myself. I have the big mouth smile too but my teeth aren't very big. If this helps you any, my friend makes infomercials, OXYCLEAN anyone? And he did one for a dentist once and wanted me to model the mouth and teeth. The dentist denied because my teeth were too small. He said big teeth are healthy and more desired. I think he's right. He would love you!!!

I would post in the shade thread. I have probably a hundred lipsticks that I never wear because I am picky and things never look the same on the lips as they do in the tube. I think it would help me a great deal.

The black honey had a little too much red tint. I prefer brown and berry tints.

Begret goes for the distance shot, can't see the teeth, but the smaile is quite large. Again, welcoming. Nothing says come on over like a big toothy smile!
post #71 of 95
We're a bunch of happy gals !
post #72 of 95
I'm feeling the love

Thanks Michelle!
post #73 of 95
Michelle.. just send them the whole tube.. they will send it back to you after they take which ever amount they need out... thats what I did...

three custom color | custom blending

here is the link for all that are interested.
post #74 of 95
Jenn, Michelle, & Begret, you guys are all GOOBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have BEEEEEAYOOTIFULL smiles!

Michelle, if you like more berry, then I would highly recommend Trish McEvoy's Sheer Blackberry, this is another HG of mine. They have this brown lip liner that I also pair with it, it sounds weird, but when blended, is another great natural color.
post #75 of 95
Thread Starter 
^Lovely, shall I start another lip thread so I can get pictures??? On the hunt yet again for the perfect shade of berry/brown. I am going to send my tube into the three color too. I am really excited about that! I'll bet they have it on file. There was a revolt when it was discontinued. Who does that, discontinue the best selling shade of lipstick? Stooooooopid.

I am a goober, I know. Especially when I wip out the "LOOK I CAN SWALLOW MY OWN HEAD" smile.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ladies Lounge
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Womens Designer Jeans › Ladies Lounge › Clinique Black Honey anyone.....?