or Connect

Posts by Rivkah

I would give her a week to leave. It's longer than you'd like, yes, but it means you have a chance at keeping her as a friend. I know you are pissed as hell, but it sounds like she's going through some pretty bad stuff right now. Not just that she has a few bags of coke, but that she does nothing all day and you come home to find her passed out. That's not normal. Either her drug problem is more serious than you thought, or she may have another mental illness (in which...
Feuerzangenbowle!
I support basically everything that has been said here so far, and I hope you feel better soon. That sounds positively miserable.
You're so young - just take an extra year of school and go on exchange for a full year!
Tutoring is a really easy job, and it pays pretty well. I tutor 3rd year uni statistics, and charge 20$/h. Serving positions are also good pay. Other than that, you're not really going to find an employer (other than being self-employed) who is likely going to pay you well without a lot of experience, or a good education. And that is why you are in school.
Quote: Originally Posted by cherbd16 From a Canadian Buyer's perspective, if a seller declared full retail value on something when I paid much less, that would be my last transaction with them. When I purchase something, I expect to pay tax/duty on the transaction value... not paypal fees, or the difference what the item originally sold for. If they asked me, and I agreed to it... that would be my choice, but I would be Livid if a parcel showed up making...
Quote: Originally Posted by trippybrowneyes My hands fall asleep fairly easily if I'm leaning on them for awhile and not moving around. The tips of my fingers and my toes will also get numb from cold even when it isn't that cold out. I don't know if it's from circulation issues, but like shopprncs, I know that poor circulation is hereditary in my family. Do they go white? Or just numb? I lose circulation in my hands and feet really easily but...
After seeing someone (I think it was the OP actually) have a pair of jeans she sold get damaged by Canada Post and lose a lot of money because she undervalued it, I wouldn't ask a seller to undervalue the package. (I would ask they they only put the amount I paid total, incl. shipping and the item itself, as opposed to retail because um, I'm not paying retail for a reason). If you want to try to help a person out, mark it as a gift. The person might still get charged but...
Quote: Originally Posted by maddiconner ^That's what I have, Britta....and it saves the environment by making less plastic "bottle waste". Britas are great, but I don't use one here at school because there is no room in the fridge. We are 5 students and none of us share groceries, and have one fridge - eep. The tap water is fine to me. I get really, really annoyed when people only drink from water bottles. That is a huge waste of resources....
If you use vinegar to set the dye, do you only use it the first time? Also, I have a front load washer, and a pair of dark wash jeans that suggest dry clean only. Should I try the vinegar thing? Should it go in the slot for detergent, or into the main washer area?