or Connect

Posts by treasurehoard

Always ship w/ tracking and insurance. Make the buyer pay for it. Its the sellers responsibility to make sure the package arrives. If you don't have tracking and get an item not received dispute you have no chance of winning. Also if you want to use your account again you are going to need to put money in to cover the negative balance. Many times if you are in the middle of a withdrawal paypal can and will reverse it and hold your money. Any money you get in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by lauriebell False - report button has been around for ALL posts since 03/07/07 - mall and brand sub-forums alike. My error I wasn't paying attention to all the features - just figured the best way to report it was to do so through the mall mod. In the future I will make sure to use the REPORT button rather then reporting it to a mod.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cez1029 The button was there 3 months ago when you last said you reported someone I guess you must have missed it Was too busy trying to stamp out the fake selling competition to see it.
Quote: Originally Posted by lauriebell Considering the fact that I just did a search for reported posts/transactions with your name as the reporter and nothing came up and this is the first time I have heard of you reporting on "multiple" occasions, I'm not sure where this claim is coming from. To be fair, I did also perform a search for your name on mall threads moved from the mall to the reported threads section and found one instance where you called...
Quote: Originally Posted by ross If I were a mod on HF and you reported something like this to me, I'd do a little homework first to make sure you weren't trying to stamp out your competition. That's just good policework... Reports from regular members must be taken with a grain of salt, but reports from retailers need a whole bucket. When you have a potential economic interest in seeing something removed, don't be surprised if it doesn't immediately...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mihalis just the 1 case. others have been banned nearly on the spot for it.... On the multiple occasions that I have reported people for selling fakes here on HF they have rarely been banned first time.
For the record I reported a member who listed a pair of fake 772 on HF in the mall less then a month ago. He was not banned immediately and he even listed the same pair a 2nd time in the HF mall ... was still not banned. He was only banned after I pointed out that he relisted them a 3rd time on eBay.
Thats my lollercap ... honestly this one is funnier though...
These are unauthorized chargebacks not merchandise chargebacks. Honest buyers would file merchandise chargebacks due to a policy of no returns. Merchandise chargebacks are not covered by paypal seller protection ... and in those cases I would immediately demand the buyer return the item so I can get my product back in order for them to be refunded. Only 1 merchandise chargeback this year so far compared approx 15 unauthorized chargebacks. Also the majority of my...
^ yep it is simple to confirm and any buyer that can do it should. There is no reason not to. In business you need to minimize losses. If you loose $3000 a year due to something that could be prevented you need to rethink your business plan. That means in 10 years you would loose $30K + the profit you would make by reinvesting that 30K so depending on your profit ratio it could be a hell of a lot more. Could do a lot of nice stuff w/ that kinda money.