or Connect

Posts by Jennifer

Technically/traditionally "Black Tie"= tux. What is she wearing? If the event is black tie, I'd imagine that many women are going to be in full-length gowns.   I do think you can get away with wearing a really nice dark suit (I'd say black or dark navy) since it is a fashion event and a slimmer cut suit is a lot more modern, if you add a vest, it'd be more formal.   I'd say try J Crew and definitely hit up some department stores like Bloomingdales, Nordstrom ect...
I'm not the biggest fan of denim accessories but I do love this Prada denim bag from a few seasons back. here's Rihanna with it: http://www.denimblog.com/2011/05/rihanna-carrying-a-denim-prada-bag/
Awesome, thanks Lorna, you know how much I love J Brand!
Hi and welcome!   If you have a question about a specific pair of jeans, I'd suggest making a post in the section for that brand (diesel under diesel ect.,) and post some photos or a link to images and hopefully someone will be able to help you out.
Agreed, especially with dresses/skirts. Do you have a favorite pair?  
I'd suggest going more towards leggings/jeggings, since typically they'll have more stretch and give. I recently got a pair by James Jeans which are super soft and feel like leggings but they're still jeans. Mother is great too. I'd say check out a few different styles/washes, as not all styles/fabrics from one brand is the same.
    Really? How on earth would they even sell them. Holes/Rips in that area are so hard to repair that I doubt it'd even be worth it.
Yes, they typically have an glue on the back of the patch, so when you iron them, it sticks to the jeans. If you wanted white in the hole, I'd say use a white fabric behind the hole and have a tailor sew it on the inside of the jeans over the hole.   Here's an example of the patches you can buy, which have the glue and you can iron on:   http://www.amazon.com/Dritz-Iron-Repair-Patches-Pack/dp/B003FODBB8  
Welcome, we're glad to have you!  
I'm glad you had a good experience with it! I've had friends who've rented dresses for occasions but I just figure, if I'm going to spend the money, I'd rather just put it towards something I'd own.