or Connect

Posts by KateAnne

This is something I've been wondering about as well! What about "a good bank for a European moving to NY"? Citibank all the way? I think I read somewhere that Chase is the 'better' bank because they're all over the city. Also, does it take long to set up a bank account and get your credit card? How much money should you put on the account to get a credit card? All my money is in my Belgian banks, which is why I'm asking - I don't want to transfer all of my 'savings' to...
4 pairs of pyjamas!
My first real break-up was with someone who lives in the US. The distance made it easier for me to get over him, but it still hurt like a bitch. We had a bad history of pulling the other person back in, that made it harder when it was a definite break-up though. All my bad experiences have been with American (NY more specifically haha) men though hehe!
Quote: Originally Posted by blm14 please dont think that US college are like American Pie, Beer Fest., Old School etc. NO SCHOOLS ANYWHERE are like that. Thats why it's called "satire." I don't think that at all! I wouldn't have applied for an extra degree overseas if I did, hehe! I've also been to New York a lot (have friends who live there and used to date someone in midtown) so I know what to expect there. I'm just excited, I think it'll be a...
Quote: Originally Posted by denimobsessed OMG You are moving from Europe to America to go to college (hello!) and you are worried about where you're going to buy your bedding? Cor blimey mate. Put a sheet and blankets into your suitcase and use that until you find what you need. Shessh, I didn't think people went from the UK to the US to study. I've never known any of my Australian friends to go to a US university but I would have LOVED to- at least...
Quote: Originally Posted by princess_anne Welcome to NYC! I moved here for school too... but I'm really old. Good luck with everything! I think I bought my most recent bedding at West Elm, which is a relatively cheap and stylish store. Here's the website, they have several branches in Manhattan I think: west elm. Furniture, accessories for modern homes. But only if you care a lot about how the bedding looks. The university may give you...
Thank you! I'll check those addresses out. My plane lands at JFK around noon, so with check-out and everything I'll be in Manhattan around 2 pm - I'll check-in and drop my stuff at my dorm (NYU housing) and then go look hehe! It's exciting, but pretty stressful at the same time because I have very little time to find everything.
Hey everyone, I live in Europe, but I'm moving to NY at the end of August to go to NYU. I'll be moving in (and flying in) on a Sunday around noon, and would like to buy the most important things (blanket, sheets, duvet,...) the same day because I have orientation the next day etc. - basically I won't really have time the next 3 days. I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on where to find cheap bedding/linnen. Also, any advice on what I can't forget...
I'm Belgian! I'm moving to NY in August though to go to NYU.
Hey everyone, I'm going to be in NYC from Sept 12-21. I've been to the city quite a few times (I'm from Belgium), but I was wondering if you could give me some nice places to find original, cute (not too expensive) jewelry (mainly rings). Also, which clothing shops or boutiques should I REALLY visit? Are there going to be any special sales when I'm in the city? Where can I find 'cheaper' (on sale) jeans in the NY area (I'm also going to visit a friend in...