Top 7 Tips For Finding Jeans For Taller Sizes
As a someone who is taller, finding jeans that are long enough can be a real struggle. Here are some tips for finding jeans that fit:
- Visit online stores. Many retailers, such as the Gap, carry longer or "tall" sizes online. Stores such as Gap, Banana Republic, American Eagle and J Crew all carry their regular styles online in tall lengths.
- Before you start shopping it's good to know your what your inseam measurement is. Check out the sizing wiki and consult the measuring guide below for how to measure your inseam.
- Try a cropped style. Recently, cropped or ankle length styles have become more popular. These styles hit right at the ankle or right above. Since this is the style of the pant, it runs a bit shorter and is easier to get away with when you're taller. It should hit right below the ankle bone or right above the ankle for the most flattering fit.
- Cuff your jeans. If you find a pair you love that are a bit too short, just cuff them! Cuffing has become more common and can create a more casual and laid back look.
- Look for jeans with ankle zippers. Unzipping the zippers can give you some more length.
- Talk to a tailor. It is difficult to add length to jeans but a talented seamstress may be able to let the hem out an marginal length.
- Some brands to try that carry longer inseams: J Brand (up to 35"), Hudson (up to 36"), 7 For All Mankind (up to 35"), True Religion (up to 35").