It can be difficult to find jeans that are smaller yet still trendy when you're a petite. Luckily brands are starting to cater to those who are petite by offering their most popular styles and cuts in smaller sizes and inseams.
- One of the best hints is to check out websites. While some stores to carry petite sizes, If you can't find a petite size in stores, check out their websites. For example, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales and Saks Fifth Avenue offers a wide varitey of designer brands such as Citizens for Humanity, Joe's jeans and True Religion in petites sizes, online. You can also order petites or shorter sizes online from places like Gap and J Crew (both who carry petite jeans).
- If you do purchase regular length jeans, having them tailored is a worthwhile investment. Check out the hemming Wiki. Wear the shoes you plan on wearing most frequently with your jeans, when you have your hem measured. Typically, the hem should fall at least an inch below the ankle bone. Ask for a European hem, which means that the original hem will be reattached.
- Check out the best jeans for your body type wiki, for some tips on securing the most flattering styles for your figure.
- Some brands that do carry petite sizes include, 7 For All Mankind, Joe's Jeans, Paige Premium, Hudson Jeans, True Religion, J Brand and Citizens of Humanity.
- Some brands that tend to have a shorter inseam include, James Jeans (some with 29" inseam), 7 For All Mankind (some with 31" Inseam), and CJ By Cookie Johnson (30" inseam).