Be a part of the community.
It's free, join today!
Related Forum Threads
- ugliest pair of diesels ever?!? Last post on 5/11/13 at 7:24am in Diesel Jeans
- So sorry to ask... but are these real? Last post on 1/25/11 at 12:47pm in Diesel Jeans
- How do you tell if the TRs are Men or Women jeans? Last post on 11/30/10 at 2:16pm in True Religion Jeans
- What are Your Favorite Designer Jeans? Last post on 9/8/12 at 10:49am in More Womens Jeans
- What did you buy today? (with PICS) Last post on 2/26/13 at 11:47pm in Chat
How To Keep Your Denim From Fading
Edited on 6/7/10
- How To Remove Glue StainsEdited on 6/4/10
- Best Jeans For Your Body TypeEdited on 8/26/10
- Sizing GuideEdited on 8/24/10
Related Blog Posts
Denim DIY: Bow Hair Clips
Published on 12/3/12 by Denim Blog
Top 5 Distressed Denim DIY YouTube Tutorials
Published on 10/30/12 by Denim Blog
LOOK BOOK: Avelon Men's Spring 2013
Published on 10/14/12 by Denim Blog
LOOK BOOK: Avelon Women's Spring 2013
Published on 10/13/12 by Denim Blog
LOOK BOOK: Joe's Jeans Women's Fall 2012
Published on 10/9/12 by Denim Blog
Alphabetical Article List
How To Stretch Your Jeans With A Waistband Extender
Heres instructions on how to use a waistband expander:
The one I have comes with about 5 or 6 removable parts. The parts go right into each other just like how I have them set up here, you just push them together.
You probably wont need to use all the parts here. I am a size 31/32 and I only use like 2 or 3 pieces on my jeans. You just need to have the first and last piece always but the middle pieces you can use one, two or all three of them depending on the size of your jeans.
So you push all the pieces together and get out your jeans. You have to wet the waistband before you start this so make sure to do that.
In this next picture, the knob on the far right of the expander is what you use to increase and decrease the tension on the front of your jeans where the button and zipper are. You want to have the jeans unbuttoned and unzippered for best results.
You loosen up the grip to fit your jeans in and then tighten it as much as you can. Here is a close up picture of this part:
The other gray twisty thing is what you use to do the stretching. You just hold onto the end and twist the gray bar. You will see the threading on your expander start to appear. You’ll notice your jeans are now expanding.
Just expand them as much as you need and then you are finished.
This particular kit comes with a part to hang the expander on so you can get it to dry faster.
The stretch should last until the next time you wash your jeans.
Here is also a video of me setting it up and using it.
- How To Remove Glue Stains
- › Diesel Jeans Viker-R Box 8T5 W31 L34 39 minutes ago
- › What Diesel are you wearing today? 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Diesel Fall/Winter 2013 FW13 2 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Greetings All 2 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › DIESEL THAVAR 8880M 32X32 4 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › "The official find me these Diesel\\\'s Super-thread" 4 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › True Religion Ricky Big T Straights in Med Phoenix 31 fits 32 x 33.5 14 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › True Religion Stella Heavyweight Raschel Skinny Pants Black 24 x... 14 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › 7FAM Roxanne Skinnies in Mercer 25 x 32 (unhemmed) 14 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › True Religion Julie Skinnies in Short Fuse Medium (Grey) 27 x 34 14 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Nudie Jeans Thin Finn in Organic Dry Ecru Emb by XminusX
- › True Religion Joey Super T in Deep Lagoon by michellepollock
- › Blank Denim Moto Skinny in Sexting Black by kiralicious
- › Diesel Jogg Jeans - Krooley-NE BPX by jeanetic
- › Diesel Braddom 881Z by jeanetic
- › 7 For All Mankind Dojo in New York Dark by desaria
- › Paige Premium Denim Skyline 10" Peg in Rebel by LuckyTweetPink
- › KORS Michael Kors Heidi Boot in Black by ladyheart
- › Ksubi Super Skinny Zip in Black Rinse by JMam
- › J Brand 10" Skinny Leg in Jett by JMam
- › How to use pant hangers the right way by shannone
- › INDiCustom Contest Rules by Alyssaw
- › Singer22 Spring Look Contest Rules by Alyssaw
- › Rules and Regulations for Ladies Lounge Contest by Dave
- › Blogroll and Link Exchange by Dave
- › Jeans and Fashion Questions by Lorna
- › facebook-connect-frequently-asked-questions by Dave
- › The 12 Womens Body Types And Jeans That Will... by shopaholism
- › Denim by Munich
- › Followers And Following by DBLurker