Designer Denim can be an investment and you want it to last as long as possible. Fading can make a pair of jeans look a lot older than it really is.
The number one tip to keep your jeans looking new is to dry clean them. However for daily wear, this can get costly.
Cutting down on the frequency of washing is a great start. You can put them in the dryer for a couple of minutes on a "fluff or air" cycle to freshen them.
When you do wash them here are some tips to follow:
- Always follow the label care tag, as sometimes it gives particular guidelines.
- Wash jeans inside out to reduce fading
- Keep water temperature below 110 Degrees (cold cycle)
- Wash on a delicate setting
- Use mild detergent
- Wash with a detergent meant to reduce fading (there are special detergents made just for jeans)
- Do not wash with too many clothes in the machine
- Do not put jeans in the dryer, air dry.