DenimBlog Community Rules and Guidelines
DenimBlog expects that every member will be respected by fellow members. We especially expect veteran members to be kind to newbies. You were all new once, try and take it easy as some questions asked by new members will seem quite basic to older ones who know the ropes.
Denimblog does not tolerate the following:
- Spamming - Any member that spams in any way shape or form will be banned without warning. We will not tolerate spammers here.
- Advertising - Advertising your own site/store/eBay sales or those of friends/family is not permitted. If you wish to purchase advertising on the site contact the Community Director.
- Excessively Vulgar language - If every second word out of your mouth is an expletive, you will be asked to tone it down. Otherwise, members will only be contacted/warned if its reported as offensive by another member.
- Negative attitudes and extremely disrespectful posts - Particularly those in regards to body shape or image. You dont have to agree with someone who posts in clothing you dont like, you can even say things like "That looks terrible" , " I hate that" ect. But no personal attacks will be tolerated.
- Multiple User IDs - One ID per user please, no exceptions. If you are found to have more then one by proof of an ip check, you will be banned and never allowed to return NO EXCEPTIONS
- Threats of violence
- Flamebait topics - Please avoid “Flamebait” topics, such as abortion, politics.
Avatars can be a maximum of 150 pixels wide. Please keep avatars respectable
Honest Forum has a few simple guidelines for signatures
* One line maximum length
* No images
* Pro Members with e-commerce stores may advertise in their signature
Bans & Infractions
Denimblog reserves the right to infract and/or ban members at moderator discretion. “Unban Member” threads will not be tolerated, and will result in a temporary ban.
How suspensions and Bans work
Most problems are dealt with on a case by case basis. However here is a general guideline on how suspensions and bans work:
1st Strike – Warning
2nd Strike – Suspension (2 weeks)
3rd Strike – Permanent Ban
Get an avatar of yourself
Please get an avatar of yourself. It makes the whole community more personable. Avatars can be a maximum of 150 pixels wide. Please keep avatars respectable
Help out newbies
Please be sure to help out new members. We were all newbies once. Show them the ropes
Please Report abusive behavior and attacks
As offensiveness is relative, we ask that “targets” of disrespect please make use of the Report Post button to make moderators aware of disrespect. Moderators will take no action unless specifically asked to or, in extreme cases, at their sole discretion.
Help people dress better!
We like seeing positive comments that encourage people about what they are wearing. If you have suggestions that could help a person out please be sure to phrase it in a smart way. Something like "Maybe you might want to try to size down a bit, it might look better on you."
Behind every screen name there is a real human being. Please always remember this and be respectful of people. We especially expect veteran members to be kind to newbies. You were all new once, try and take it easy as some questions asked by new members will seem quite basic to older ones who know the ropes.
We also specifically encourage respect towards women, homosexuals, and minorities. We have seen some pretty disrespectful things posted here over the years and we don't have much tolerance for hateful speech. We will remove people who are hateful and disrespectful from our community.
Authentic merchandise only
DenimBlog is a community based on the buying and selling of authentic merchandise only. Counterfeit goods will not be tolerated. Vendors and personal sellers that carry fakes will be challenged and removed.
DenimBlog members provide authentications as a courtesy. Honest Forum is not legally liable for any opinion, although we strongly encourage users not to state their opinions as fact.
No selling in discussion area
Selling is only allowed in the Buy / Sell area. If you are caught selling, or attempting to sell anywhere else on the forum, your post will be removed and/or locked.