Lorna, Editor's Archive
UPDATED: Private Sales This Week: Earnest Sewn, Habitual, Diesel, William Rast, True Religion & More
There are lots of great sales this week! Check them out.
**UPDATE: Gilt Groupe is having their final sale today (Friday 23rd)! The sale will include 7 For All Mankind, Acne, Alexander Mcqueen, Rag & Bone, James Jeans and loads of other brands. Don’t miss it!
Earnest Sewn will be starting on Monday 19th at Hautelook.
Habitual will be starting on Monday 19th at GiltGroupe.
William Rast is on sale at Rue La La right now for both men and women. Don’t miss this sale, they have lots of great jeans!
Domino Jeans will be starting on Monday 19th at Beyond The Rack.
True Religion and Citizens of Humanity will be on SecretSales very soon! The dates are not confirmed yet but as soon as they are I will let you know.
Diesel for men and women, 1921 and DVB are on sale right now at BrandAlley. They end soon so hurry! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a referral.
Jude Law wore his Dior Homme jeans again while out doing some Halloween shopping with his children in Manhattan’s East Village. His older son even dresses just like him! How cute. Dior Homme jeans seem to be getting more popular by the day. Do you guys out there own a pair?
Images courtesy of JustJared.com
On October 27th, 2009 Diesel will celebrate with a Flash For Fun party in NYC at a secret location. Starting October 19th, invite wristbands will be made available to those who find the secret Flash For Fun discotheque at our Union Square Store at 14th Street and Union Square West. Customers must ask for Boris… he will lead you to the secret room and unlock the door…
Wristbands will contain the date and time of the party with a phone number to call for the location. Guests will be encouraged to wear/bring glow in the dark items. You can buy Diesel’s Flash For Fun items by clicking here. The secret party is starting at 10pm until the lights go on.
I decided to do a post on how to rip your jeans and get the fishnets look like we saw on Rihanna. I had a lot of fun doing it and the style actually turned out great, I love it. I do love them more with lace than the fishnets though as it looks a little more classy. It’s really easy to do and I predict it’s going to be a great trend, so if you can’t afford to buy any premium denim that comes out like these then you can do it yourself.
All you need is a pair of scissors, jeans and fishnet/lacey tights.
1) Get an old pair of jeans (or a cheaper pair of jeans you don’t mind destroying). I chose black so the tights do not stand out as much as they would against a blue jean.
2) Get your scissors and start making a little hole in an area of the jeans.
3) Put your fingers in the hole and start pulling so the hole rips and gets bigger. Pulling and ripping it will give the effect of a worn in hole as the edges will fray. Do this on all of the holes you have created to however big or little you would like them.
4) Get your scissors again and start lightly snipping the edges of the hole so they look a little more frayed. Over time this will fray even more and look better with wear. Don’t snip too much, just a tiny amount on the fraying. You don’t want to make slits.
5) If you need a hand you can always ask your kitten to put some holes in the jeans. Haha.
6) Lay your jeans out and look at all of the holes you have made. Check that you have made enough and you are happy with how they look. It helps to try them on in front of a mirror as well so you can see clearly how they look on your body and if you want more holes in a certain area.
7) Here are some close ups of the holes so you can see how they look.
8 ) Put your fishnet tights or lacey tights on and then put your jeans on over the top. The lace and the fishnets will show through the holes you created and will give a different look to the jeans. It helps to buy footless tights. You can buy them in most places. ASOS have a great selection of them. If you don’t have footless it doesn’t matter, you can just wear boots.
9) Voila, you are ready to wear them out! Comment if you have ever done this to your jeans or plan on doing it. I would love to see everyone else’s results.