1. Don’t wear jeans that are too tight. Stay away from muffin top! Size up in the waist to ensure proper fit. If they are too loose in the leg, consider taking them to a tailor.
2. Don’t wear jeans that are too short. Wearing jeans that are too short can make the leg look shorter than it actually is. Concentrate on finding a pair that hits a couple of inches below the ankle bone, which will elongate the leg. If you’re tall, check out the Wiki on finding longer length jeans.
Lorna’s note – For the length, you should always make sure your jeans cover your heels, it looks much better than if your shoes are showing, unless you are wearing skinnies. The hem should be about a cm off the floor. It will make your legs look incredibly long!
3. Don’t wear jeans that have distressing and bleaching on the legs. This can make hips and thighs look bigger than they actually are. Look for jeans that are a solid dark color, this creates a slimming look.
4. Don’t wear jeans that are too big. The baggy boyfriend style is popular and trendy, however, it can be unflattering if it’s too big. Make sure they fit properly.
5. Don’t wear decals. Printed jeans are becoming increasingly popular but if you’re going to try this trend, opt for all over pattern, rather than airbrushing and spotted decals.
6. Don’t wear jeans that are too low. Low riding jeans were popular but avoid anything too low. Showing your underwear is just tacky. More and more designers are producing higher rise jeans so you can avoid being an exhibitionist.
It seems like everyone is branching out to denim these days. The newest addition to the market is handbag and accessory superstar, Kate Spade! The brand has launched their first pair of jeans, The Broome Street jean, which puts a modern twist on the brand’s classic style. It’s a great skinny jean which hits right at the ankle. It is made from cotton, spandex and Lycra to make for a super flattering fit. The Broome Street sits higher on the hip, skims the thigh and is available in a universally flattering dark wash. They’re available in sizes 23-34 and are available for purchase for $195 at Katespade.com. I can’t wait to see what other styles the brand comes up with!
Hilary Duff makes her first stop on her book tour, in New York City. Hilary is busy promoting her new book, Elixir. The book, which Hilary co-authored, is a “supernatural” love story. She was on hand to sign autographs and pose with fans. Hilary also recently joined twitter. (Are you following @denimblog on Twitter?)
I loved Hilary’s outfit here. I think she did a great job of pulling off the new waxed look really well. She’s wearing Current/Elliott’s leather leggings. She kept it simple with a black blazer and YSL Tribute pumps. Remember, you can have a chance to win a pair of similar jeans from Singer22, by entering the DenimBlog contest here. Buy these jeans at Singer22.
Stars, they’re just like us! Jessica Alba spent her weekend stocking up on bulk items at Costco. Leaving the store, she was stopped by fans asking for photos, so I guess it’s a little different than my shopping trips!
Jessica looked chic in an all black outfit, topped off with a beret. She was wearing denim leggings by Charley 5.0. Jessica has worn Charley 5.0 denim leggings quite a few times before. You can purchase Charley 5.0 leggings at Boutique To You.