Taking a post-holiday stroll with her parents, LeAnn Rimes looked to be in great spirits. She too to Twitter about spending her holiday with both her and her new boyfriend, Eddie Cibrian’s parents. She tweeted about her enjoyable holidays, “Today, yesterday, the day before that…all have been truly unforgettable. Greek food and True Grit w/ both sets of parents today. It’s been nice getting tons of family time in.” The couple is heading to Cabo to ring in the New Year!
In my opinion, LeAnn has been looking really thin these days. But she showed off her body in a pair of J Brand jeans, which she tucked into boots and paired with a sweater. You can see the different ways that LeAnn has styled these jeans before here. You can purchase J Brand Jeans at their website here.
Heidi Klum, Seal and their children have to be one of my favorite celebrity families. They always look so happy and like they’re having a lot of fun. The past weekend was no exception. The family headed to a local park to get some family time and the kids were seen taking rides on a Segway. I wonder if it was a Christmas gift?
Heidi looked casual in a pair of high top sneakers, a jacket and G-Star jeans. Last time she wore these jeans to the airport, both for her departure and arrival at LAX nearly the exact same way (you can see photos here).
Back in April, Rock and Republic filed for Chapter 11 for bankruptcy protection and it was unsure if the brand was going to survive. All of that may have changed over the past week when, VF Corporation, the company that owns denim giants such as 7 For All Mankind and Wrangler jeans, purchased the Rock and Republic’s trademark rights.
While this news certainly is good for fans of Rock and Republic, it doesn’t mean the company is out of the woods yet. VF Corporation has only purchased the trademark and intellectual property of the brand. this means that the company name is owned by VF but not the actual stores and business themselves. The purchase by VF Corporation is supposed to be finalized in the spring, and the company plans to continue to fulfill orders.
Article from Apparelnews.com
1. The Cargo Pant: J Brand ignited this trend with the launch of the Houlihan pant in early 2010. Pretty soon, they were showing up on almost every celebrity. Not soon after that, almost every major brand was releasing their own style. You can read more about this trend here.
2. Jeggings: A cross between leggings and jeans, jeggings began to gain popularity last year. This year however, they became increasingly more popular. Almost every company has released their own iteration of the trend.
3. Waxed Denim: A play off the leggings trend, Waxed Denim is a great way to add a little more polish to an outfit than leggings. An increasing number of brands are playing around with this trend and I think that it will become even more popular in the next year. You can read more about the trend in Jonathan’s post here.
4. Wide-Leg: While skinny jeans have become a staple, wide-leg jeans are making their way back in. More and more brands have released wide-leg styles. They’ve been popping up on both runways and celebrities and I predict will gain even more popularity in 2011.
5. Chambray: Chambray is a perfect option for spring and summer. It began to gain popularity last year but with more designers using it in their collections, I think it’s a trend that will continue into 2011. You can read more about this trend here.
6. Jean Jackets: While jeans jackets have always been classic, there has been an increase in styles and washes offered. Plus, we’ve seen a rise in the popularity of denim-on-denim again. You can go trendy with a moto style or classic with a dark wash and traditional cut, either way, make a denim jacket part of your closet.
7. Boyfriend Jeans: While 2009 was certainly the year of the Boyfriend jean, it did trail into 2010.
8. Studs: Studs, Studs, Studs. From a couple of studs on the seams or all over, studs were a big trend for 2010. They’re a great DIY and an easy way to make an old pair of jeans trendy again.
9. Color: From Pastels to brights, Colored denim was a popular option for adding a little oomph to an outfit. I think colored denim is going to continue it’s popularity into the 2011. You can read more about this trend here.
10. High-Waisted Jeans: For years, jeans rises were getting lower and lower. Recently, there’s been a rise in, well, rises. High-waisted jeans are making a come back. This is a difficult trend to pull off, even a few celebrities have had trouble making it work. While it may not be the most flattering trend, hopefully it’ll lead away super low rises! What are your favorite trends?