1. The Cargo Pant: J Brand ignited this trend with the launch of the Houlihan pant in early 2010. Pretty soon, they were showing up on almost every celebrity. Not soon after that, almost every major brand was releasing their own style. You can read more about this trend here.
2. Jeggings: A cross between leggings and jeans, jeggings began to gain popularity last year. This year however, they became increasingly more popular. Almost every company has released their own iteration of the trend.
3. Waxed Denim: A play off the leggings trend, Waxed Denim is a great way to add a little more polish to an outfit than leggings. An increasing number of brands are playing around with this trend and I think that it will become even more popular in the next year. You can read more about the trend in Jonathan’s post here.
4. Wide-Leg: While skinny jeans have become a staple, wide-leg jeans are making their way back in. More and more brands have released wide-leg styles. They’ve been popping up on both runways and celebrities and I predict will gain even more popularity in 2011.
5. Chambray: Chambray is a perfect option for spring and summer. It began to gain popularity last year but with more designers using it in their collections, I think it’s a trend that will continue into 2011. You can read more about this trend here.
6. Jean Jackets: While jeans jackets have always been classic, there has been an increase in styles and washes offered. Plus, we’ve seen a rise in the popularity of denim-on-denim again. You can go trendy with a moto style or classic with a dark wash and traditional cut, either way, make a denim jacket part of your closet.
7. Boyfriend Jeans: While 2009 was certainly the year of the Boyfriend jean, it did trail into 2010.
8. Studs: Studs, Studs, Studs. From a couple of studs on the seams or all over, studs were a big trend for 2010. They’re a great DIY and an easy way to make an old pair of jeans trendy again.
9. Color: From Pastels to brights, Colored denim was a popular option for adding a little oomph to an outfit. I think colored denim is going to continue it’s popularity into the 2011. You can read more about this trend here.
10. High-Waisted Jeans: For years, jeans rises were getting lower and lower. Recently, there’s been a rise in, well, rises. High-waisted jeans are making a come back. This is a difficult trend to pull off, even a few celebrities have had trouble making it work. While it may not be the most flattering trend, hopefully it’ll lead away super low rises! What are your favorite trends?
Jennifer Lopez swung by Toys ‘R Us to do some last minute holiday shopping for her twins. She picked up a Power Wheels vehicle for her kids. Jennifer looked a bit distracted while she typed away on her Blackberry then made her way to her car.
Jennifer wore a pair of J Brand’s 901 skinny jeggings in Vox. She paired them with a pair of over the knee boots and a black sweater. I love her boots! You can buy Jennifer’s J Brand jeans at J Brand online for $196.00.
Ashlee Simpson, along with her mother and son, were seen doing some last minute shopping. The trio were seen in a local LA-area vintage store. Ashlee alternated between scouring the racks and keeping tabs on Bronx. I can’t believe that he’s 2 already, it seems like she was just pregnant with him! I love his little blond curls though. I wonder if Jessica is planning on having children soon?
Ashlee also wore these J Brand Agnes jeans out to Old Navy’s Awkward Holiday Photos event. She certainly styled them differently this time, wearing them with knee-high leather boots and an over-sized leopard print sweater. Which look do you prefer? I definitely like the first more. Buy J Brand Agnes jeans for $218 here.
Kate Bosworth was seen doing some holiday shopping at the Beverly Hills Barney’s New York Store. She swung by the shoe section to look at a few pairs. I know that when I’m doing holiday shopping, I almost always end up buying something for myself- The deals are just too good to pass up!
Kate wore her acid wash AG Adriano Goldschmied jeans in Pershing, again. She paired them with a white sweater, and ankle boots. I’m not really crazy about this look, it’s channeling too much of an 80s vibe for me. However, I am absolutely in love with her PS11!