Reese Witherspoon and her boyfriend, Jim Toth, spent their Sunday at a medical supply store. The two were seen picking out a wheelchair. Apparently her son, Decon, injured his foot. I hope he gets better soon!
Reese was wearing a pair of Current/Elliott roll shorts. It looks like she’s savoring the last bit of warm weather before it turns cold. I love Reese’s style and how she mixes trendier pieces with her more classic look. I can’t wait to see what she’s wearing for fall. You can buy Current/Elliott at Boutique To You.
It looks like Lauren Conrad is back in the public eye. She recently announced her new fashion based reality show and she’s busy promoting both of her books. Her most recent book Style, provides a handy guide for the do’s and dont’s of fashion. I love Lauren as much as the next girl but I don’t necessarily see her as a fashion icon. Do you?
Lauren took a break from her book tour to hang out with her friends. She was recently snapped hanging out on the back of one of her friend’s pick ups. She looked like she was helping them move! Although, she did look a little overdressed, in a lacy shirt, J Brand skinny jeans and fringe boots. Buy J Brand jeans at Boutique To You.
1. Don’t wear jeans that are too tight. Stay away from muffin top! Size up in the waist to ensure proper fit. If they are too loose in the leg, consider taking them to a tailor.
2. Don’t wear jeans that are too short. Wearing jeans that are too short can make the leg look shorter than it actually is. Concentrate on finding a pair that hits a couple of inches below the ankle bone, which will elongate the leg. If you’re tall, check out the Wiki on finding longer length jeans.
Lorna’s note – For the length, you should always make sure your jeans cover your heels, it looks much better than if your shoes are showing, unless you are wearing skinnies. The hem should be about a cm off the floor. It will make your legs look incredibly long!
3. Don’t wear jeans that have distressing and bleaching on the legs. This can make hips and thighs look bigger than they actually are. Look for jeans that are a solid dark color, this creates a slimming look.
4. Don’t wear jeans that are too big. The baggy boyfriend style is popular and trendy, however, it can be unflattering if it’s too big. Make sure they fit properly.
5. Don’t wear decals. Printed jeans are becoming increasingly popular but if you’re going to try this trend, opt for all over pattern, rather than airbrushing and spotted decals.
6. Don’t wear jeans that are too low. Low riding jeans were popular but avoid anything too low. Showing your underwear is just tacky. More and more designers are producing higher rise jeans so you can avoid being an exhibitionist.
It seems like everyone is branching out to denim these days. The newest addition to the market is handbag and accessory superstar, Kate Spade! The brand has launched their first pair of jeans, The Broome Street jean, which puts a modern twist on the brand’s classic style. It’s a great skinny jean which hits right at the ankle. It is made from cotton, spandex and Lycra to make for a super flattering fit. The Broome Street sits higher on the hip, skims the thigh and is available in a universally flattering dark wash. They’re available in sizes 23-34 and are available for purchase for $195 at Katespade.com. I can’t wait to see what other styles the brand comes up with!