It’s been a while since we’ve seen a celeb in PRPS! Halle Berry wore her boyfriend style jeans while she picked up a cake for boyfriend Olivier Martinez’s birthday.
There have been quite a few rumors recently about the possibility of the couple being engaged, after Halle was spotted out wearing an emerald and diamond ring. However, Halle’s publicist released a statement saying they were not engaged. I can’t blame the couple for wanting to keep their private life private!
Levi’s has gone global in their search for fresh faces! All you have to do is submit a photo of yourself (get creative!) on Instagram and tag it #IAMLEVIS. The opportunity is open for entries from around the world, as the new Levi’s Collection was designed with a global mindset, and will be viewed by members of the Levi’s team. If you don’t have Instagram yet, you can download it here.
What a fun opportunity and a great way to engage with the brand! Are any of you planning on making a submission? Head over to the Forum to post your submission.
Denham has teamed up with Method Design to create a truly unique piece of furniture, a trunk designed especially for denim. The trunk, named, The Journeyman, took over 300 hours to create and is a melding of traditional and innovative elements.
Here are some of the unique features:
- A solid ash skeletal framework – echoing the birch bark canoe or bi- plane wing structure – for lightness and flexibility.
- Gently curved grain feature carefully divined for superior rib strength.
- Held together with over 200 interconnected traditional joints
- Skinned in virtually weightless 1.5mm birch
- Knitted to the rib structure with over 150 hand-Japanned, custom engineering fixings. (With every head meticulously lined up)
- The Journeyman’s innovative inward curving form allows only the outward edges to ever touch the ground – these are covered in locally hand-stitched leather.
- Moved around with thick, hand-cut leather handles and locked with beautifully contrasting, industrial case fittings.
- Internally, the left side of the Journeyman contains a generous garment hanging space, sealed in from the elements by a handcrafted flysheet of the finest Japanese selvedge denim, detailed with re-cut vintage leather.
Unlocking the intricately hand-carved drop-down work surface reveals the true secrets of the Journeyman
- An elegant column of carousels – all carved from the same piece of solid ash – swivel out to reveal spare buttons, rivets, thread spools etc.
- Over 50 hand-cut leather discs fasten a webbing of straps to safely secure the tools of the jeanmakers trade.
- Wire-whipped vertical shock cords weave the solid ash shelving together, creating a virtually weightless securing method for garments, while custom steel dogs and unique tapered ash plugs literally stitch the shelves into place.
The piece will be displayed at the 100% Design Exhibition in Earls Court in London, September 22-25. You can also check out what people are saying about this in the forum.
Women’s handbag and dress line, Kao Pao Shu has announced the launch of a capsule denim collection. The collection will debut at the end of January and will feature 4 different styles. Crafted from Japanese denim, the line will feature boyfriend, skinny and relaxed styles as well as shorts, each in a variety of washes. All pairs will feature Kao Pao Shu’s signature ribbon detail.
Nadia Begeta, founder and designer, said of the Denim collection, “Launching a denim line is a natural extension of the label, I love working with different fabrics and denim is such a staple in everyone’s closet. I wanted to do something a little different but still in keeping with the Kao Pao Shu aesthetic; I like to experiment with my designs…I hate to be conventional, its much more interesting to create something original and totally wearable.”
The collection will be available for purchase both online at Kaopaoshu.com and in the Kao Pao Shu studio, prices will range from $240-372.