Jessica Alba takes newborn daughter, Haven, to run some errands. The mom and daughter were seen at a local office building. Jessica recently spoke on how they arrived at the name Haven for their daughter, “When I delivered Haven she was born still inside the amniotic sac, which is rare. When I was in recovery we still hadn’t chosen her name. Cash picked her up and said she came into the world in her ‘safe haven’ and it clicked right then for both of us.”
Speaking of names, I absolutely love the name of Jessica’s Pray for Mother Nature jeans, they’re called the Jesse Spano flare in cabrello wash. I think Pray for Mother Nature always have fun names for their styles. You can buy Pray for Mother Nature jeans online at Singer22.com.
Jennifer Connelly takes her newborn daughter, Agnes on a stroll. Jennifer and husband, Paul Bettany, have two other children together. Paul recently said of their relationship, “People think we’re such a Hollywood couple and they say, ‘Goodness, they’ve been together for eight years,’ which in Hollywood terms is about 40 years, like dog years.” They seem like a really low key and caring couple, who make a great match for each other.
Halloween is quickly approaching and finding a costume can leave you in a lurch. Use some of this season’s hottest denim trends and looks already in your closet to create a fun costume without breaking the bank.
- Hippie: Wear flares with a tie-dye shirt and platforms, add accessories such as glasses or a headband, don’t forget your peace sign.
- Rosie The Riveter: Pair your flares with a chambray shirt and add a headscarf.
- Sailor: Add a striped tee and sailor hat to your flares.
- Cat Woman: Wear leather pants and a slim fitting black top, leather boots and black cat ears.
- Biker: Leather pants paired with motorcycle jacket and black boots.
- Sandra Dee: Wear your leather pants, leather jacket and heels. Curl your hair in and add some lipstick.
- Indiana Jones/Explorer: Wear your cargo pants with a white shirt, khaki vest, add a hat and binoculars.
- Army: Cargos paired with a camouflage or khaki top, boots and dog tags.
- Construction Worker: Cargos paired with white tee shirt, hard hat and tool kit or belt.
Colored Denim makes a great staple for building a costume.
- Angel: Wear white jeans, a white top, wings and a halo.
- Bee: Wear yellow or black jeans with a yellow or black shirt, add some wings.
- Lady Bug: Red Jeans and red top (you can cut out some black felt dots) and add some wings.
- iPod Commercial: Wear black jeans and black top, add an iPod and dance the night away.
- Leopard or Snake: Wear your (leopard or snakeskin) printed pants with a matching/neutral top, add whiskers if necessary.
- Farmer: Add a plaid shirt and some hay (and stuffed farm animals)
- Miner: Wear a Henley shirt, boots and add a headlamp and some tools.
- Scarecrow: Wear a plaid shirt, and hat, add stuff your sleeves with hay.
- Daisy Duke: Shorts, plaid shirt or crop top and heels.
- Britney Spears: Shorts, white tank top, over-sized sunglasses and Uggs or other boots.
Basic Blue Jeans:
- Where’s Waldo: Add a red striped top, stocking cap and glasses.
- Cowboy: Add a denim shirt or plaid shirt, vest, boots and hat.
- Nerd: Add rolled/cuffed jeans, tee shirt, glasses and carry around book and apple (you could also wear overalls).
- Bella Swan: Wear skinny jeans and Chuck Taylors, tee shirt and hoodie. Wear no makeup to keep your face pale.
What are you going to be for Halloween? Will you be wearing any denim trends with your costume?
Hilary Duff is back on the promotional tour for her latest book, Devoted. She also didn’t waste any time wearing her Current/Elliott Leather pants that she was so fond of during her last tour. I think Hilary looks amazing, she’s absolutely glowing! I love leather or waxed denim for the fall and winter, they are perfect for a night out or wearing with a cozy sweater. To get a similar look, check out the Steal Her Style post.