It seems as though Jessica Alba has been bitten with the flared jeans bug lately! This is the third time she’s been spotted out in a pair of flared jeans from J Brand.
She opted for a high rise pair, and tucked in her tie blouse. She topped off the outfit with a pair of suede wedges and oversize shades. I love all of these elements together! It has a great 70’s style vibe, but still feels modern! You can buy J Brand flares online here.
It’s been a while since we’ve seen a celeb in PRPS! Halle Berry wore her boyfriend style jeans while she picked up a cake for boyfriend Olivier Martinez’s birthday.
There have been quite a few rumors recently about the possibility of the couple being engaged, after Halle was spotted out wearing an emerald and diamond ring. However, Halle’s publicist released a statement saying they were not engaged. I can’t blame the couple for wanting to keep their private life private!
Levi’s has gone global in their search for fresh faces! All you have to do is submit a photo of yourself (get creative!) on Instagram and tag it #IAMLEVIS. The opportunity is open for entries from around the world, as the new Levi’s Collection was designed with a global mindset, and will be viewed by members of the Levi’s team. If you don’t have Instagram yet, you can download it here.
What a fun opportunity and a great way to engage with the brand! Are any of you planning on making a submission? Head over to the Forum to post your submission.
Denham has teamed up with Method Design to create a truly unique piece of furniture, a trunk designed especially for denim. The trunk, named, The Journeyman, took over 300 hours to create and is a melding of traditional and innovative elements.
Here are some of the unique features:
- A solid ash skeletal framework – echoing the birch bark canoe or bi- plane wing structure – for lightness and flexibility.
- Gently curved grain feature carefully divined for superior rib strength.
- Held together with over 200 interconnected traditional joints
- Skinned in virtually weightless 1.5mm birch
- Knitted to the rib structure with over 150 hand-Japanned, custom engineering fixings. (With every head meticulously lined up)
- The Journeyman’s innovative inward curving form allows only the outward edges to ever touch the ground – these are covered in locally hand-stitched leather.
- Moved around with thick, hand-cut leather handles and locked with beautifully contrasting, industrial case fittings.
- Internally, the left side of the Journeyman contains a generous garment hanging space, sealed in from the elements by a handcrafted flysheet of the finest Japanese selvedge denim, detailed with re-cut vintage leather.
Unlocking the intricately hand-carved drop-down work surface reveals the true secrets of the Journeyman
- An elegant column of carousels – all carved from the same piece of solid ash – swivel out to reveal spare buttons, rivets, thread spools etc.
- Over 50 hand-cut leather discs fasten a webbing of straps to safely secure the tools of the jeanmakers trade.
- Wire-whipped vertical shock cords weave the solid ash shelving together, creating a virtually weightless securing method for garments, while custom steel dogs and unique tapered ash plugs literally stitch the shelves into place.
The piece will be displayed at the 100% Design Exhibition in Earls Court in London, September 22-25. You can also check out what people are saying about this in the forum.