Bright, bold colors are back in and I’m absolutely loving the new trends that are coming out of it. My favorite right now? Dip dyed denim. There are endless styles, colors and patterns which makes for a unique piece every time. Here’s a round up of some rad dip dyed jeans for your summer closet.
3. Dip Dyed Studded Vintage Shorts by Created by Fortune $100.
4. Dyed Studded Shorts by Runwaydreamz $168.
5. Dip Dyed Denim Slime Jean Shorts by Mermaid Soup $60.
Let’s face it, no one REALLY needs help in this category because thats why jeans are awesome… They go with everything. I do, however, think there are some pairs of shoes that make your denim look a little more stylish which is why I have picked out 15 pairs that would compliment your denim perfectly. I’ve broken it down into 3 categories, 5 pairs each with links so that you can go buy those suckers right now if you wish. All of them are within a good range of affordable prices.
1. Leopard Print Platforms by Forever21 $26.80 – These leopard shoes would be great with some flares so the leopard peaks through every now and then, adding and extra pizazz to your outfit.
2. UO Suede Pump by Urban Outfitters $49 - These shoes are made for skinnies. Simple, subtle, a pop of color and a little height will dress those skinnies right up.
3. Desert Striped Wedge Booties by Forever21 $34.80 – The Desert Striped Wedge Booties will pair great with some ripped up jeans shorts and a cute little tank, brightening up the outfit as well as complimenting it.
4. Bonita Sling Back Sandal by CW by Carin Wester from Urban Outfitters $150 – These shoes have so much character with their unique shape and materials. I picture these shoes with a cute denim skirt and a white t-shirt for the all American vibe.
5. Strombeck by Aldo $120 - The Strombeck shoe would be fabulous with a cigarette jean which would give the legs a nice line all the way down to the shoes where they will really pop!
1. Dr. Marten’s 8 Eye Boot from SoleStruck $119.95 - Doc’s are timeless and pretty much go with anything, but when I think of doc’s, I think leggings and a jean jacket. A perfect way to edge up your look.
2. Harness Heel Boot by Dolcetta by Dolce Vita from Urban Outfitters $98 – I’m not kidding when I tell you that these boots will go with everything. Jean shorts, skinnies, cigarette jeans, skirts etc. They’re a great addition to any closet as they will inevitably be a go-to, and will never go out of style.
3. Achieve Elastic Side Boots by Topshop $150 - These boots SCREAM jean shorts. They will be a little big around the ankle which will slim up the appearance of your legs and give you some height while they’re at it, complimenting the jean shorts perfectly.
4. Heather by Sole Society $59.95 - These Heather boots need to be paired with a denim vest… Plain and simple. The contrast of the dark boots with a light denim would be harmonious. Throw a dress under the vest and you got yourself an outfit!
5. Leather Rumble Boot by Jeffery Campbell from Urban Outfitters $155 – S-K-I-N-N-I-E-S!
1. Leggat by Aldo $70 - The Leggat shoe would be wonderful paired with a body con high waisted denim skirt and a tube top with some sunnies. The perfect summer look with a pop of color.
2. Pollard by Aldo $70 - Loving these Pollards with some skinny jeans, a hat and a baggy, vintage t-shirt…the perfect casual look.
3. Sweetheart d’Orsay Flatform Wedge by Ecote from Urban Outfitters $59 – Flatforms are not for everyone, but I think this pair is something special. These flatforms aren’t too crazy, they will go with anything because of the taupe color suede and have a cute design. These would be great with a number of denim including skinnies, shorts or a skirt.
4. LIzzie Woven Ballet Flat by Sole Society $49.95 – Hippie/boho at it’s finest! These woven ballet flats would be perfect with some bells or flares to encourage that boho look. Add some flowers in your hair and your hippie look is complete.
5. Skipper Strip Boat Shoe by Keds $55 - These Ked’s are such a great price and so stylish! I would love to see these with a pair of skinnies or shorts for a casual day at the beach.
Our community has been booming lately! Our forums are getting action and everyone wants in. Since we’ve had so many discussions happening recently, I wanted to narrow it down to the top 8 most talked about topics so that you all can join in as well! Feel free to start your own threads or join others, our fashion forum is a great place for denim lovers of all kinds.
#1: What are you Wearing Today?
In this thread, community members share their daily outfits complete with photos. Mirror shot, above shot or someone taking the photo for you, share what you’re wearing! Members offer comments and feedback to each outfit post, join in on the fun! Check out the discussion here: What Are You Wearing Today.
#2: Authenticity Super Thread
Authenticity is a hard one and everyone questions it at one point in time. Community members talk about how it’s great to research authenticating denim etc, before making a purchase and share potential purchases to seek authenticating guidance from other members. Members have also shared their authentic denim as well. This is the thread for all of your authenticity questions and or discussions. Official Authenticity Thread.
#3: OFFICIAL: Dior Homme Denim
This is the place for all things Dior homme. Member Tsukasa starts the thread with a very informative post containing information on sizing, acronym meanings, where to buy and more. Discuss your experience with Dior homme or ask all the questions you’ve ever wanted to know. Official Dior Homme Thread.
I got the opportunity to visit the Nudie Jeans house in LA last week and I could not have been more thrilled. I’ve always felt that Nudie was stepping up the denim game and have always respected what they have been about. As I walked in to the warm, cozy room I was greeted by the ever so lovely Ruari and was offered a latte or “water in a box” (as apposed to water in a plastic bottle well, because it’s more eco friendly of course!) and we began our journey.
The 600 sq foot House opened up in early September 2011 and is in an ideal location. The house is a small little bungalow off Melrose Blvd. smack dab in the middle of West Hollywood and is made out of wood with rod iron accents, chalkboard walls and a gorgeous sky light in the middle of the roof bringing a great light to the space. I was taken around the LA house which serves as a denim sanctuary, showroom and retail space open to the public. Not only can go you shop there but you can bring your old damaged Nudie’s in for repair or come in for an alterations clinic (which is why they have that rad sewing machine in the building).
I browsed, touched, and fell in love with the line, bungalow and brand all together leaving me wanting to own every pair of Nudie Jeans that they produce. To give you an idea of what Nudie is all about, in the fall they launched their Repair: Reuse: Reduce program which sees old Nudie Jeans repaired and recycled for sale again.
Also on display at the LA house is their Woad / Guado collection which is a limited edition line made out of the traditional way to make indigo. The dyestuff is from the Woad plant and is very labor intensive as it takes 1000 kilos of leaves to make 1 kilo of dyestuff. This line is only at a select number of Nudie stores and the LA store has it. Nudie loves encouraging a sustainable lifestyle and it shows through their brand and the way they produce it.
Another awesome little fact about Nudie for all of you LA residents… The rad dudes at Handsome Coffee House in the Arts District in Downtown all sport Nudie aprons. They are world class professional coffee makers that roast their own beans and travel the world to find the best ones, making them a perfect partner for Nudie. If you’re ever in the LA area you HAVE to check out the Nudie Jeans House and if you make your way Downtown, stop by Handsome Coffee House to support an awesome local business. Nudie would approve. Thanks for having me Nudie, I will be back and my bank account will not be happy about it.
Images belong to Chanelle/DenimBlog.com.