The first day of Summer is almost here which means…drum roll please…bathing suit shopping! Some of you are ahead of the game and have already bought your bathing suits for the Summer, but here are some options for those last minute shoppers out there. I tried to give a broad range of prices for those of you who like to spend and those who like to save (I even found some denim bathing suits for you denim lovers!). So get your credit card ready and let the games begin!
1. Michael Kors Speed Clip Metallic-Trimmed Swimsuit $126
3. Miss Selfridge Vintage Once Piece $57
5. Billabong Rosie Daze Denim Bathing Suit $59.99
6. Agent Provocateur Mazzy Cut Out Swim Suit $450
8. Asos Denim Knicker Play Suit $40.60
1. Diesel BMBX-Shore Shorts $99
2. Diesel BMBX-BLANSRIF $69
3. J-Crew Marina Strip Swim Short $69.50
4. Polo Ralph Lauren Plaid Swim Shorts $94
5. BallyHoo Vintage 60s Denim Swim Shorts $59
6. Old Navy Hybrid Swim Shorts $12
7. AllSaints Spitafields Spinnaker Swim Shorts $80
The weather is starting to warm up which means enjoying long days relaxing at the beach, in the warm sun and crisp sea water. I’ve put together a list of 15 essentials for your beach trips this Summer to help you look great while taking care of yourself too. You’re going to be nice and tanned after, so why not go to the beach in a sun-kissed look? I’ve provided a great bronzer, mascara and lip balm for a natural, glowing look.
We all know the beach isn’t the best place for your hair and skin so I listed the Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray to encourage those beachy waves at the beach and a masque for after. As for your skin, the Hawaiian Tropics Silk Hydration SPF lotion will protect your skin and also moisturize it. Don’t worry, it’s not oily whatsoever and leaves a nice glow on your skin. Don’t forget your nails! A clean mani and pedi is one of the best accessories you can take with you to the beach.
Lastly, I’ve put together a solid list of fashion forward items to wear to the beach. A cover up, shorts or a vest will all work perfectly over this hot floral one piece by Insight. So throw all these rad items in your chic denim beach tote and have a great time at the beach!
4. Nylon Magazine for your reading pleasure
7. One by One Mascara by Maybeline $8
9. Karen Walker Anytime Tan sunnies $280
11. Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray $24
13. Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 $22.50
14. Madewell Longroad Denim Vest $88
15. Saltwater Gypsy Neon Kimono $198
A cute little shop almost hidden in the busy streets of Downtown Los Angeles, resides Den.m Bar. A custom denim shop where you can get fitted and customize your own pair of jeans made to order right in the heart of Los Angeles. The space is simplistic with white walls, sewing machines and seamstresses right in the store, fabric rolls of quality denim, hanging patterns, and accessories for you to pick from to make your jeans truly unique. An overall pleasant place to be. I was invited to come check it out and get fitted for my own pair of denim (which I could not be more excited about) and I couldn’t wait to share my experience with all you denim fanatics.
Bright, bold colors are back in and I’m absolutely loving the new trends that are coming out of it. My favorite right now? Dip dyed denim. There are endless styles, colors and patterns which makes for a unique piece every time. Here’s a round up of some rad dip dyed jeans for your summer closet.
3. Dip Dyed Studded Vintage Shorts by Created by Fortune $100.
4. Dyed Studded Shorts by Runwaydreamz $168.
5. Dip Dyed Denim Slime Jean Shorts by Mermaid Soup $60.