LOOK BOOK: Agave Denim Men’s Fall 2011
Here are a few of the highlighted images from the Fall 2011 Men’s Agave Denim Look Book.
Designer Jeff Shafer focuses as always on fabric and fit. He considers designing an art and only works with hand-picked luxury fabrics from boutique mills in Japan and Italy and U.S. Supima cotton. For Fall 2011 he has created new finishes and vintaged washes in a variety of fits and the collection has continued to expand beyond denim with broad range of luxury Supima cotton knits and T-shirts, merino wool sweaters and leather jackets.
Jeff top picks for Fall are:
· Denim in vintage black and colored yarndye denim in muted Autumn hues offer new options to indigo.
· Agave Gold label . Every season Shafer offers new limited edition selvage jeans that are numbered and signed. This season dark “1930’s rinse” selvage from Cone White Oak. Has the look but not the feel of raw denim.
· Denim and cord with some stretch for comfort without losing the authentic denim look or feel…stretch for guys. Most fabrics Shafer uses 98/2 percent cotton elastane as this gives comfort and yet retains shape.
· Cotton moleskin and flannel in jean and jean/trouser fits.
· Vintaged- looking Italian cords including the beautiful deep indigo cord with denim washing and hand-finishing.
· Denim and twill shirts with tailored details.