6 Denim Don’ts
1. Don’t wear jeans that are too tight. Stay away from muffin top! Size up in the waist to ensure proper fit. If they are too loose in the leg, consider taking them to a tailor.
2. Don’t wear jeans that are too short. Wearing jeans that are too short can make the leg look shorter than it actually is. Concentrate on finding a pair that hits a couple of inches below the ankle bone, which will elongate the leg. If you’re tall, check out the Wiki on finding longer length jeans.
Lorna’s note – For the length, you should always make sure your jeans cover your heels, it looks much better than if your shoes are showing, unless you are wearing skinnies. The hem should be about a cm off the floor. It will make your legs look incredibly long!
3. Don’t wear jeans that have distressing and bleaching on the legs. This can make hips and thighs look bigger than they actually are. Look for jeans that are a solid dark color, this creates a slimming look.
4. Don’t wear jeans that are too big. The baggy boyfriend style is popular and trendy, however, it can be unflattering if it’s too big. Make sure they fit properly.
5. Don’t wear decals. Printed jeans are becoming increasingly popular but if you’re going to try this trend, opt for all over pattern, rather than airbrushing and spotted decals.
6. Don’t wear jeans that are too low. Low riding jeans were popular but avoid anything too low. Showing your underwear is just tacky. More and more designers are producing higher rise jeans so you can avoid being an exhibitionist.