The peeps over at TheFrisky.com seem to think that these were the top 10 fashion trends of 2008. What do you think?
1. Two-finger rings: (Lauren Conrad, Rihanna). This is one of the coolest jewelry trends we’ve seen in awhile.
2. Baggy boyfriend jeans: (Katie Holmes, Reese Witherspoon). We like the idea of boyfriend jeans, but they shouldn’t actually be your boyfriend/husband’s jeans, Katie? Boyfriend jeans should be distressed and lose, but cut for a woman’s curves.
3. Nail Designs: (Beyonce, Solange, Eve, Rihanna). Celebs wore some off-the-wall nail colors this year, but we’re big fans of Minx Nails designs.
4. Outrageous, sky-high heels: (Victoria Beckham, Madonna, Solange). We’d never knock a girl for her footwear choices, especially if she chooses to high heels. But some of this year’s shoes looked downright lethal.
5. Pointless accessories: (Beyonce, Miley Cyrus, Rihanna). Both Beyonce and Rihanna seemed to have injured themselves, recently, but it was just their accessories. Sometimes things go a little crazy when a celebrity tries to be different.
6. Obama T-shirts: (Halle Berry, Beyonce, Sean Combs). For the first time ever, fashion-forward political T-shirts were available to the voting masses. We just wonder what these people will do with their tees now that Barack Obama has won the election.
7. Nerdy Glasses: (Kanye West, Jay-Z, Rihanna). Geek-chic is a definite do when done right, but thick, dark, plastic frames don’t look good on everyone.
8. Bangs: (Christina Aguilera, Jessica Alba, Taylor Momsen). Bangs are a great way to update a hairstyle without having to cut all your locks. And they really bring attention to your eyes.
9. Leather jackets: (Rihanna, Vanessa Hudgens). A cropped and fitted leather jacket toughens up anything it’s paired with, including a sweet Pop music girl.
10. Hippie headband: (Nicole Richie, Aubrey O’Day, Mischa Barton). Very few people can pull off this look, everyone else just ends up looking like they have a mushroom head.