Denim Fit Tips
Just in case there are any designer jeans newbies out there, a couple of tips for you, courtesy of ShopBop.com that we thought we’d share:
- “Too much distressing in the wrong place can draw attention to a trouble spot, but a little bit in an area you want to accentuate will give your jeans the perfect worn-in look”.
- “To give the apperarance of thinner thighs, a darker wash may be more flattering”.
- “If you need to have your jeans hemmed, ask the tailor if she can re-attach the original hem to maintain the original look of the jean”.
- “A trouser style is great if you are conscious of your backside, it will provide extra room without looking baggy”.
- “Pocket placement is key to have your bum will look in your jeans. For example, a darted pocket can provide lift and flap pockets will make your butt look perky”.
Note to self: Must find more flap pocket jeans!